Media UFC.com gets a much needed re-design

Too many elements and flair. 9 seconds to load 7mb and only 67 requests?! They are resizing images from 4607x3056 to 273x273 via code instead of just using smaller images <45>

I'm on a gigabit connection and still takes a minute for everything to load uncached. It's going to be annoying to browse once you get used to it, and probably looks like shit on mobile.
It took forever to load the main image on my cellular connection causing a hole in the main viewing area. The rest of the content was already loaded.

No longer will they provide a biography page for the fighters.

Id view the page to see what grappling belt ranks or any rankings they’ve gotten. Or any little info that is useful.

So yeah piece of sh*t Brock gif is appropriate for UFC.com

https://ufc.com/

MUCH better and long overdue!
I like parts of it.

BTW, has Jon failed another test?
This is the upcoming events page, lol:

YZSBnfM.jpg

I don't like how it doesn't show how the entire card stacks up on one page anymore. you have to flip through the matchups on the redesign

This is absolute shit.

In every sense. There is nothing positive in this change

They just needed to have an obvious search button, and to get rid of the 'newsletter signup' that looked like a search button.

I tried to look up someone's record yesterday, and its just too big now.

At least Sherdog's still easy

Looks like one of those square space websites.

I literally have no idea what the fuck is happening on that site and I've been using the internet for like 25 years.

Where the fuck is the bout order for the upcoming card - do I really have to click on the event to see that?!
Edit: My lawd and you have to click through Main Card / Prelims / FP Prelims seperately.

Last edited:
I liked the original format much better imo. The current format looks like it was made by a amateur free lance designer from the internet. It's slow, clunky, and the menus are all over the place !.

what is with the push of the "athlete" label and not referring to them as fighters anymore

they are fighters, not just athletes. seems like theyre embarrassed to be in the mma business. the fight game is never gonna be squeaky clean.

idk why that bothers me hearing that a lot but it does.

As an actual Developer, this is a terrible website. God damn that dropdown hover nav is shitty and the parallax scroll is nauseating.

Just looked at the source and it's a Drupal site with jQuery vomited all throughout it lol.

I like parts of it.

BTW, has Jon failed another test?
This is the upcoming events page, lol:

YZSBnfM.jpg

Looks like they've implemented a new algorithm to detect fighters who are going to pull out. I like it. Can't wait until Ferguson v. Khabib gets put on there with two void symbols.

Now they just have to overhaul the fight pass portion of the website so that it doesn't fucking use Flash in 2018 and output low bitrate sub-720p.

Too many elements and flair. 9 seconds to load 7mb and only 67 requests?! They are resizing images from 4607x3056 to 273x273 via code instead of just using smaller images <45>

I'm on a gigabit connection and still takes a minute for everything to load uncached. It's going to be annoying to browse once you get used to it, and probably looks like shit on mobile.

The images got me lol who are giving them these assets in the first place without properly compressing them.

They seemed to have gotten rid of the LiveStats for each fight (the stats that showed exactly which parts of each round were spent in different positions like clinch, full guard, half guard, etc. and how many strikes were thrown in those positions).

This is unfortunate because AFAIK they were the only site that published these detailed stats.

Back