Media UFC.com gets a much needed re-design

I stumbled onto ufc.com a few years back and it’s presentation was convoluted and clunky as shit. Who the hell willingly goes on that site when there’s so many others that does the job better?

I like the style, but it needs to be mroe functional

I guess they redid it for their new, brain-dead ESPN fanbase that’s soon to follow.

I gave it a test ride don't like it either...... https://ufc.com/ :eek:

When I Google something its usually to find:-
  • Facts
  • Figures
  • Reports documents
  • Analytical data
  • Technical information
  • Research
In regards to UFC:-
  • UFC Performance Institute research study
  • UFC Fighter Profile
  • Records
  • Ranks
  • Divisions
  • Wins
  • Losses
  • Highlight Footage
  • Promos
  • Pres Conferences
  • Training Camp Footage
  • Martial Arts Topics
  • Martial Art Gear
  • Etc..................
Well now its less and really not a good site at all..... does not attract those who would be interested in Martial Arts at all! :(

Its all about marketing.......... "Whats trending and Pay to Watch"......... not even enough to entice this market of warriors! LoL

Last edited:
Flyweight division is getting dissolved for this?!
<DCWhoa>

I like parts of it.

BTW, has Jon failed another test?
This is the upcoming events page, lol:

YZSBnfM.jpg
Fake news buddeh

A total mess IMO. Hard to get an overview.

it's better looking but the readability is shit

Too many elements and flair. 9 seconds to load 7mb and only 67 requests?! They are resizing images from 4607x3056 to 273x273 via code instead of just using smaller images <45>

I'm on a gigabit connection and still takes a minute for everything to load uncached. It's going to be annoying to browse once you get used to it, and probably looks like shit on mobile.
Just like with their posters they probably hired some amateur designer. I used to make shit like this on Dreamweaver 12 years ago before I learned to code.

I don't like it. Is the new optic layout designed for phones? Because it's terrible to navigate on a laptop. I'm scrolling endlessly for the same info that appeared in one screen. And they've managed to remove bury or remove the info I most often looked for. Dumb asses.

tenor.gif

Also, did Khalil Rountree piss in Shaun Shelby's cereal?

Beats Gokhan Sakhi in devastating fashion at UFC 226 on PPV, now is relegated to a middling fight on a fight night with a dude named "Johnny Walker" (no joke) - watch this for reference-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb48Z2NHHzY

JUSTICE FOR ROUNTREE. MAIN EVENT OR BUST!

Oh GOD it's Horrible.

Why change it? Looks like some intern got to try all the things he learned in web design class the previous week.

The old one was simple. I liked going to it more so than the app... I could quickly go there and see the fight card....start times... then bounce.

Looks like I might have to stick with the app from now on. They better not change that shit too. :mad:

My thoughts in the first thread about this:

Awful.

The only reason to have visited the UFC website was to check the cool little "events box" they had at the bottom where you could quickly see the cards for the next five events via tabs. They've eliminated that for this cliché and terribly bland whitespace UI.​

The old website was pretty bad, it looked very out of date and wasn't a proper responsive design.

New website is terrible, just in a new way.

The UI is awful and it doesn't have any common sense in presenting their content. It's shocking how bad the UFC is at this stuff.

Back