UFC dissolving their FW division? What fighters might become available?

I'm shocked, well not that shocked.gif
Sucks for many of those fighters but just having fought for UFC at least used to mean higher pay.
And they may be able to org hop and take more fights in a year.

If the released fighters want to step up to bantamweight, Bellator should be grabbing the ones with good records as their current division is pretty terrible.

One, Rizin and Combate Americas should go after the rest that stay at 125

- Bellator Bantamweight is pretty much dead, I'm assuming. Bandejas is the only possible contender there and there's no talk of him fighting Caldwell. That division hasn't had more than 10 people since like 2014. I certainly don't see Bellator doing 125.

- Carlos Silva had expressed interest in a PFL Bantamweight division. They could sign a few former flyweights for that division as it probably won't be too deep to start with.

- ONE could sign some of them for Mighty Mouse food. A few of them should be able to beat out Adriano Moraes and some of their other Flyweights.

- RIZIN seems to be pushing their 125 weight class right now. Could be good to build up that roster.

Last edited:
Shorty Torres, Scoggins and Brooks have been released

My guess is they keep the div till TJ/Cejudo happens so they can promote it as champ vs champ. They'll keep half the div or so, probably most of the top 10 or 15 guys and move them to BW.

So I dont think you are gonna see top 10 guys on the market but anyone else in the div could go to One. that would make the most sense since they are gonna build around MM and do a GP.

Rizin could also use some guys for Horiguchi.

Your subject is confusing as FW is used for featherweight. You mean FLW for flyweight.

- Bellator Bantamweight is pretty much dead, I'm assuming. Bandejas is the only possible contender there and there's no talk of him fighting Caldwell. That division hasn't had more than 10 people since like 2014. I certainly don't see Bellator doing 125.QUOTE]

I don't see them starting flyweight but they would be mad not to try and sign guys with good records who the UFC release but are still willing to move up weight classes. Caldwell could be marketable, so could James Gallagher if he can get back to winning. TJ Vs Cody did a big gate and a good buyrate for 2018 (outside Conor fights)

Tachi Palace Fights is back in business, boys!

Bellator should try to birng some FLW and make the fight at BW, ann add to Bellator s BW helps right now...

Back