PBP UFC Fight Night 138: Volkan vs. Smith PBP Discussion - 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT/11:30pm UK

Volkan "No Heart" Oezdemir vs "Elder Abuse" Smith.

Not gonna lie, I miss pre-USADA LHW.

Hell, I almost miss pre-USADA period.
giphy.gif

Volkov and his corner had to know he has zero cardio. What happens? Smith covers up in round 1 and is completely exposed, what does Volcan do? Nothing throw a couple of shots and saves his energy for the 5 rnd's that he has to know he only has energy for 1 and 1/2. Round 2 he gets an easy take down and one could see a clear way to a victory. Round 3 what happens? Volkov uses his last energy on soft jabs and does not even try ONE takedown!? Wow.... Also the leg kicks were working.... just... so frustrating to see fighters lose because they don't see what is right in front of them!

They both looked terrible tonight honestly. Volkov got really exposed, now there is not a soul in the world that doesn't know that if i survive the first round and 1/2 i win against Volkov. And Smith just curdeling up in the first round and had no defense for the leg kicks, and no takedown defense like always.

Volkov and his corner had to know he has zero cardio. What happens? Smith covers up in round 1 and is completely exposed, what does Volcan do? Nothing throw a couple of shots and saves his energy for the 5 rnd's that he has to know he only has energy for 1 and 1/2. Round 2 he gets an easy take down and one could see a clear way to a victory. Round 3 what happens? Volkov uses his last energy on soft jabs and does not even try ONE takedown!? Wow.... Also the leg kicks were working.... just... so frustrating to see fighters lose because they don't see what is right in front of them!

They both looked terrible tonight honestly. Volkov got really exposed, now there is not a soul in the world that doesn't know that if i survive the first round and 1/2 i win against Volkov. And Smith just curdeling up in the first round and had no defense for the leg kicks, and no takedown defense like always.
yeah, missed the fight but from what ive heard volkan fought terribly. should have been an easy W, hes the stronger puncher with the better chin. smith has been ko'd like 7 times now. no clue why he didn't pour it on in round 1 or the beginning of round 2.....he wasn't gonna win a decision

Volkov and his corner had to know he has zero cardio. What happens? Smith covers up in round 1 and is completely exposed, what does Volcan do? Nothing throw a couple of shots and saves his energy for the 5 rnd's that he has to know he only has energy for 1 and 1/2.

Volkan was pretty aggressive as usual, but Smith didn't go down.

giphy.gif

Then Smith started punishing Volkan for it, making him think twice.

giphy.gif

I got too stoned and fell asleep. Damn cali weed.

Why is it whenever I visit Canada everyone is in shape and when I return to the us it’s full of fatties ?
Splitting firewood and building igloos burns fat.

I'm not that kind of petty poster to take pleasure in another man's failure to see the hard truth about a fighter they thought was gonna win, it's fighting sh!t happens...

source.gif
I was right, and you were wrong sucker! Haha never doubt me bro

Anthony Smith should fight Jan Błachowicz next. Whoever wins gets the shot at the title.

After a couple beers that Villante - Herman fight was like NyQuil to me. Catching up, it looks like 80% of Lobovs strikes are arm punches. His body weight doesn't seem to be shifting with his strikes properly. He looks like he hits hard but would connect a lot harder if he had better technique, imo.

Back