UFC fight night 138

guarenteed money

If Artem manages to somehow beat MJ I'd call this upset of the year and quit betting once and for all.

Think about this. Artem has only 4 KO/TKO in almost 30 fights. All his wins and losses have been decisions.
MJ has only been finished once by strikes. At it hell of a barrage of punches by Gaethje.

It would be 9th wonder if Artem knocks out MJ. I doubt Artem can take this on the ground.

How does MJ lose this fight? He can only go full Ngannou and throw this fight
MJ getting a bit gunshy after a good R1 against a guy with a good chin and then giving up 2/3 on volume/aggression wouldn't completely shock me. But he should have this really easily.

I agree

Taleb is 37 and he has to start regressing at some point. This might be the place to go on a losing streak.
c
I never really understand these age arguments, unless you have seen someone regressing, there is really no reason to think that he will this fight. Romero is 41 and Cormier are 39. I am not very impressed with Strickland, he is a very limited point fighter in my opinion, just jab jab jab, no kicks, no creativity and quite hittable. He may have the cardio and the output advantage against Taleb, but Taleb seems much more dangerous and diverse.

Strickland at dog odds is great IMO. He was on track to beat Zaleski handily aside from one insane spinning kick, and Taleb's not great off his back.
Huh? That fight was 2-3 mins long, how the heck can you say he was on track to beat Zaleski handily?

guarenteed money

If Artem manages to somehow beat MJ I'd call this upset of the year and quit betting once and for all.

Think about this. Artem has only 4 KO/TKO in almost 30 fights. All his wins and losses have been decisions.
MJ has only been finished once by strikes. At it hell of a barrage of punches by Gaethje.

It would be 9th wonder if Artem knocks out MJ. I doubt Artem can take this on the ground.

if you were to make a shortlist of the fighters in the UFC most likely to lose with an extremely favorable stylistic match-up...

anyone who saw that fat bum Bhullar lose via Omoplata to a dude who admitted he never tapped someone with an omoplata in his life, cannot call him a lock.

Did he just give up, panic, was he already gassed?

Does anyone know what's been going on with Ayari? I can't find any good info for past six months or so.

Ray is training at Tristar. First time he's left his home gym for a camp? Say's it's do or die for him. I'm not sure that's the best attitude against Ayari, but Tristar could balance that out.

nothing but his Instagram:

guarenteed money

Serra-GSP
Bisping-Rockhold
Holm-Rousey (tbf I think alot of us were on the right side of this one...)
That skinny man-child beating Slice Jr. mere days ago in Bellator
Duffee-Russow
Hall-Mousasi

But sure, good luck to you.

Serra-GSP
Bisping-Rockhold
Holm-Rousey (tbf I think alot of us were on the right side of this one...)
That skinny man-child beating Slice Jr. mere days ago in Bellator
Duffee-Russow
Hall-Mousasi

But sure, good luck to you.

Anyone know what the actual line on Duffee/Russow was? Way before my time but I'm very curious how juiced his lines used to be...

Not happy with the odds, on first sight I only like Strickland at 2,20 and Oezdemir at 1,57 a lot.

Will mostly be small on the dogs otherwise, there is barking potential for sure

Huh? That fight was 2-3 mins long, how the heck can you say he was on track to beat Zaleski handily?
He was sticking his jab in Zaleski's face effectively. Nothing Zaleski's tried until the crazy spinning kick really accomplished much.

MJ/Volkan parlay is -110 for me. Probably only bet

Why do people think Volkan's leagues ahead of Anthony Smith? It's not like Volkan's shown incredible striking or anything. It's 2 instaboops off armpunches and a dubious decision against OSP. If he were that insanely powerful normally, I think he hurts DC a lot more. Smith's proven a better chin, cardio and heart which goes a long way in what I think'll be a fairly non-technical slugging fest.

Why do people think Volkan's leagues ahead of Anthony Smith? It's not like Volkan's shown incredible striking or anything. It's 2 instaboops off armpunches and a dubious decision against OSP. If he were that insanely powerful normally, I think he hurts DC a lot more. Smith's proven a better chin, cardio and heart which goes a long way in what I think'll be a fairly non-technical slugging fest.
agreed my man, Volkan ML at the current price has no value. Volkan can't brawl, and doesn't seem disciplined or polished enough to stick to a strike at distance gameplan, without getting lured into a brawl. Volk beat OSP in a pretty low intensity fight, decent amount of volume, but very little power behind any of the strikes after the first 2.5 minutes. OSP is a very low output single power shot type guy, while Smith likes stringing together combos and brawling. Much different type of fight. Volkan was dog tired and had nothing behind his punches by round 3. I'm also considering that Volkan got exposed by DC, that could affect his performance big time, like it did Ngannou, now Volkan could have improved from his loss as well. He also had 2 fights fall thru since he lost to DC, he "broke his nose" on July 19th, if that was seriously his injury, that's pretty worrying, hard to recover from a broken nose that soon. On the other hand Anthony Smith has been fighting a lot, stepping in on short notice, and looked much improved at 205. Pretty good chin too, took a lot of shots from Santos to the dome before the liver kick finished him.

I think this is gonna be a shootout, FDGTD should be -400. Under 1.5 will be -150. Tough to find value, but honestly I'm picking Smith to win, will probably lay some chalk at some point.

Haven’t watched any tape yet and very rarely will bet a guy -300 or greater, but my instincts tell me Katttar is pretty decent mismatch. Anyone have any thoughts about this fishgold fella?

Haven’t watched any tape yet and very rarely will bet a guy -300 or greater, but my instincts tell me Katttar is pretty decent mismatch. Anyone have any thoughts about this fishgold fella?

how good is kattar's tdd?

agreed my man, Volkan ML at the current price has no value. Volkan can't brawl, and doesn't seem disciplined or polished enough to stick to a strike at distance gameplan, without getting lured into a brawl. Volk beat OSP in a pretty low intensity fight, decent amount of volume, but very little power behind any of the strikes after the first 2.5 minutes. OSP is a very low output single power shot type guy, while Smith likes stringing together combos and brawling. Much different type of fight. Volkan was dog tired and had nothing behind his punches by round 3. I'm also considering that Volkan got exposed by DC, that could affect his performance big time, like it did Ngannou, now Volkan could have improved from his loss as well. He also had 2 fights fall thru since he lost to DC, he "broke his nose" on July 19th, if that was seriously his injury, that's pretty worrying, hard to recover from a broken nose that soon. On the other hand Anthony Smith has been fighting a lot, stepping in on short notice, and looked much improved at 205. Pretty good chin too, took a lot of shots from Santos to the dome before the liver kick finished him.

I think this is gonna be a shootout, FDGTD should be -400. Under 1.5 will be -150. Tough to find value, but honestly I'm picking Smith to win, will probably lay some chalk at some point.
Yeah. Fairly non-scientific at this point, but I'm feeling Smith by KO in the late 2nd or third round on a gassed Volkan. I do believe that Smith will definitely be hurt along the way but I trust his durability, cardio and grit a lot more than I do Volkan's. Nothing in Volkan's footage has really suggested to me that he's an incredible striking talent, either. Got some power and skills but nothing leagues ahead.

Yeah. Fairly non-scientific at this point, but I'm feeling Smith by KO in the late 2nd or third round on a gassed Volkan. I do believe that Smith will definitely be hurt along the way but I trust his durability, cardio and grit a lot more than I do Volkan's. Nothing in Volkan's footage has really suggested to me that he's an incredible striking talent, either. Got some power and skills but nothing leagues ahead.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Volkan has shown the "touch of death" and Smith's chin is definitely crackable. Dude has already been knocked out 8 times in his career and now he is fighting at light heavyweight . I am going fairly big on Volkan.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Volkan has shown the "touch of death" and Smith's chin is definitely crackable. Dude has already been knocked out 8 times in his career and now he is fighting at light heavyweight . I am going fairly big on Volkan.
Look at Thiago Santos, he was also chinny at mw but looked far better at lhw. I think Smiths chin will hold up better at lhw. He is quite durable and if he survives r1 than it will be interesting. I woudlnt bet Volkan at this odds because there is a risk he will lose Smith at dog odds is the way to go.
It isnt worth to bet him risk/profit wise

Back