PBP UFC Fight Night 96: Lineker vs Dodson Main Card PBP (Discussion) 11pm ET/8pm PT/4am UK

dodson2_zps3iz5xqb6.png

dodson_zpsqvphhlei.png

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/8793208907eca67f

The significant strikes were even as far as landing. Dodson was far more accurate. Lineker threw a lot more volume and pressed the action. Lineker no sold Dodson's power shots, he took a flush head kick like it was nothing and then caught the kick, it's possible the judges just saw him catching the kick rather than eating it. Basically, Lineker showed dominance through how he acted and reacted, which is why the crowd responded to him, and to a lesser extent, so did the judges.

dodson2_zps3iz5xqb6.png

dodson_zpsqvphhlei.png

The significant strikes were even as far as landing. Dodson was far more accurate. Lineker threw a lot more volume and pressed the action. Lineker no sold Dodson's power shots, he took a flush head kick like it was nothing and then caught the kick, it's possible the judges just saw him catching the kick rather than eating it. Basically, Lineker showed dominance through how he acted and reacted, which is why the crowd responded to him, and to a lesser extent, so did the judges.

not sure how significant some of those strikes were.

not sure how significant some of those strikes were.
They looked pretty significant to me. BOTH of those boys got chins on them. And they no sold each others shots. Dodson was hurt pretty bad to the body but toughed it out and kept his poker face tight. Lineker took head kicks like they were nothing.

dodson was only backing up, never engaged. judges want fighters who come to fight. Dodson woke up too late in r5 to be exactly

dodson was only backing up, never engaged. judges want fighters who come to fight. Dodson woke up too late in r5 to be exactly
Dodson not waking up earlier, had a lot to do with the fact that Lineker refused to slow down until the very end. It's much easier to outstrike a gassed opponent.

I could swear I even heard Jackson telling him to engage and come forward right before the 5th. Even HE knew what was really going on.

dodson2_zps3iz5xqb6.png

dodson_zpsqvphhlei.png

"Significant strikes" is one of the most bullshit "stats" in all of sports. Please just let it die.

tmz is on instead of the scheduled replay. Wow I'm furious

John showed a good chin, he took John's shots and didn't flinch

<34>

Back