UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Strickland, December 17

DabanggData

President
@Blue
Reaction score
Please go to the other Strickland created thread here:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-fight-night-cannonier-vs-strickland.4268875/

UFC Fight Night:

Cannonier vs. Strickland, December 17

Saturday 12.17.2022 at 04:00 PM ET

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/92365-ufc-fight-night
https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68729

https://www.bestfightodds.com/
https://fightodds.io/odds/4336/ufc-fight-night-cannonier-vs-strickland

306832303_10160343579276276_2303809645488112435_n.jpg

Last edited:
Like Green as a dog vs Dober at first glance.

Damir is good value at anything near +200, it's a close fight but I actually consider him the favorite.

Damir is good value at anything near +200, it's a close fight but I actually consider him the favorite.

I'd have to tape it but IIRC Damir had some issues with Alves scrambling well in their fight (although still won pretty comfortably) and Arman is a much better scrambler than Alves.

I'd have to tape it but IIRC Damir had some issues with Alves scrambling well in their fight (although still won pretty comfortably) and Arman is a much better scrambler than Alves.

Its more so I think Damir had good enough distance management and defensive wrestling to keep the fight upright for the majority of the time. There I think he has a speed advantage and uses his length super well, has one of the better jabs in the game too. I just think he is a really difficult fight for Arman and the main reason Arman is a 2 to 1 favorite is that the Kazakh flies under the radar. I've seen the Alves fight from Damir.

Its more so I think Damir had good enough distance management and defensive wrestling to keep the fight upright for the majority of the time. There I think he has a speed advantage and uses his length super well, has one of the better jabs in the game too. I just think he is a really difficult fight for Arman and the main reason Arman is a 2 to 1 favorite is that the Kazakh flies under the radar. I've seen the Alves fight from Damir.

I can see the angle, but I also think Guram beat Damir and I think Arman can force a really high paced fight.

I think it's one I'm going to wait for the Big Brain podcast on to see what Steve thinks before I decide whether it's playable.

I can see the angle, but I also think Guram beat Damir and I think Arman can force a really high paced fight.

I think it's one I'm going to wait for the Big Brain podcast on to see what Steve thinks before I decide whether it's playable.

I think Guram lost, he won if that knee was scored most likely but how the ref handled it, it makes sense that Damir would get the 3rd. Regardless, very close fight. I think Guram is a hard fight for Arman too. It's a close fight in my eyes with Arman vs Damir, I give a slight edge to Damir, think his striking is more purposeful, he's quicker, much more intelligent jab and combination work, controls range better, he's quicker and has a whopping 74in reach and it's all arms the guys shoulders aren't broad.

From what I've seen of Arman and he's young so he could surprise me, he moves in straight lines a lot and blitzes his way inside, on the outside he likes being active with kicks but Damir is going to keep the jab in his face like he did busting up Guram and Damir is a really strong low kicker too. Arman can TRY to make it aggressive, Damir won't be there for the blitzes though....Dude has really frustrating defense, it's damn good. Wrestling maybe Arman has improved a lot but what I've seen from him vs guys like Olivier and Frevola, Damirs defense should be plenty good enough. I don't think Damir can get any takedowns going offensively on Arman though. Both guys have proven able to fight at high paces for 15 minutes.

I think Guram lost, he won if that knee was scored most likely but how the ref handled it, it makes sense that Damir would get the 3rd. Regardless, very close fight. I think Guram is a hard fight for Arman too. It's a close fight in my eyes with Arman vs Damir, I give a slight edge to Damir, think his striking is more purposeful, he's quicker, much more intelligent jab and combination work, controls range better, he's quicker and has a whopping 74in reach and it's all arms the guys shoulders aren't broad.

From what I've seen of Arman and he's young so he could surprise me, he moves in straight lines a lot and blitzes his way inside, on the outside he likes being active with kicks but Damir is going to keep the jab in his face like he did busting up Guram and Damir is a really strong low kicker too. Arman can TRY to make it aggressive, Damir won't be there for the blitzes though....Dude has really frustrating defense, it's damn good. Wrestling maybe Arman has improved a lot but what I've seen from him vs guys like Olivier and Frevola, Damirs defense should be plenty good enough. I don't think Damir can get any takedowns going offensively on Arman though. Both guys have proven able to fight at high paces for 15 minutes.

Makes sense. I think I'm going to sit on it for now. I don't think Damir's line will come in between now and close to the fight. Might get a bit wider if anything. It's one where I'll let the tape fiends have at it and weigh up their opinions because we have some dudes on here that are great at breaking fights down through tape.

I'm more of an opportunity spotter and my taping ability is subpar compared to someone like Steve or Stat.

Makes sense. I think I'm going to sit on it for now. I don't think Damir's line will come in between now and close to the fight. Might get a bit wider if anything. It's one where I'll let the tape fiends have at it and weigh up their opinions because we have some dudes on here that are great at breaking fights down through tape.

I'm more of an opportunity spotter and my taping ability is subpar compared to someone like Steve or Stat.

Same, I don't plan to bet on this fight but I put money on Mansour vs Picolotti and Saidyokub vs Lawrence. Those were like my only bets in 2022, couldn't resist...I knew they got it wrong. I feel like Ismael Bonfim will be an underdog vs McKinney and I'll throw money on him. Damir vs Arman is too close a fight and when it's this close I prefer betting on the younger fighter with more upside anyways, but I do feel at +180 or +200 Damir is good value nonetheless.

Same, I don't plan to bet on this fight but I put money on Mansour vs Picolotti and Saidyokub vs Lawrence. Those were like my only bets in 2022, couldn't resist...I knew they got it wrong. I feel like Ismael Bonfim will be an underdog vs McKinney and I'll throw money on him. Damir vs Arman is too close a fight and when it's this close I prefer betting on the younger fighter with more upside anyways, but I do feel at +180 or +200 Damir is good value nonetheless.

If Ismael is a dog against McKinney then I'll be all over that, maybe with a hedge of McKinney round 1 KO.

If Ismael is a dog against McKinney then I'll be all over that, maybe with a hedge of McKinney round 1 KO.

McKinney is a 75% pick on tapology and the MMA community is really high on him in general, I'd keep my eye out if I were you. I expect to get Ismael at around +160.

McKinney is a 75% pick on tapology and the MMA community is really high on him in general, I'd keep my eye out if I were you. I expect to get Ismael at around +160.

Sometimes those Tapology lines don't reflect the odds though. I was really excited when I noticed MVP was like an 80% pick against Storley, but then when the lines came out Logan was about 1.4 lol.

Back