PBP UFC Fight Night Liverpool: Thompson vs. Till (PBP) 10:30am ET/7:30am PT/3:30pm UK

I remember a time WB was seen as one of the most exciting welter weights in mma.. What happened?

Just got home from the arena. The way I saw it was 50-45 Till, you can’t just stand on the outside and not throw a single strike first for 25 minutes then expect a win.

I will rewatch tomorrow without the obvious bias and beers in me this evening, but can’t see how on Earth you guys can call it a robbery.

From the dude with a 3 month old join date, sure, cool.

You can be a technical striker and not be boring as fuck. Wonderboy is the stand up version of Jon Fitch (not that somebody as new to these forums as you would know who that is). A twenty five minute long fight with less than 150 strikes landed, with less than a minute of grappling, including clinches, is boring no matter how you look at it. That’s 6 strikes landed a minute between the two of them, with only one of them being a knock down. Maybe it was exciting to somebody new like you who waited in anticipation thinking something would actually happen, but us ‘casuals’ who have seen too many fights like this playout exactly the way this one did knew not to get excited. You probably go out to bars and get excited just thinking about talking to girls and what might happen if you ever had the balls to actually do it. Anticipation isn’t action, especially when it doesn’t culminate to anything.

As a casual, I only got that far.

Too much respect shown from both guys, that shit's for after the fight and it ruined the fight in a way imo. It was an alright chess fight to watch but nothing special, at the end of the day we all knew thompsons capabilties before coming into the fight. I think it's clear that darren till isn't an elite level fighter just yet but i still think the potential is defo there. Don't think he's deservant of that title shot at the moment, gotta see how rda and covington fight goes first.

Wboy vs Woodley 1 = draw
Wboy vs Woodley 2 = Wboy (very close fight)
Wboy vs Till = Till no controversy for me in this one and all recent fights from Wboy very low activity and kinda meh
to me this fight showed till can at least go 5 rounds and strike if he has to. he doesnt need an early stoppage to beat a top ranked guy. big step up in competition to go from cerrone whos a small 170er (and washed up) to the #1 contender and do 25 minutes of striking with him.

sure, he missed weight but i was kinda impressed how good he looked despite having to weigh in under 188 or whatever it was, i figured he was gonna gas sooner or later since he was dehydrated up until this morning.

he def has a shot to beat woodley, no doubt

happf4.gif
So who did he stick his fingers up to?

to me this fight showed till can at least go 5 rounds and strike if he has to. he doesnt need an early stoppage to beat a top ranked guy. big step up in competition to go from cerrone whos a small 170er (and washed up) to the #1 contender and do 25 minutes of striking with him.

sure, he missed weight but i was kinda impressed how good he looked despite having to weigh in under 188 or whatever it was, i figured he was gonna gas sooner or later since he was dehydrated up until this morning.

he def has a shot to beat woodley, no doubt

He did well, pushed the pace, was aggressive.. had the center he tried to put Wboy away at best as he could, did more then Wboy in my eyes.

The win does have a * to it just because of the weight shenanigans you can't be take seriously if you screw that much up... if we are legit here this fight wasn't at WW and it shouldn't affect the rankings for WW.

He did well, pushed the pace, was aggressive.. had the center he tried to put Wboy away at best as he could, did more then Wboy in my eyes.

The win does have a * to it just because of the weight shenanigans you can't be take seriously if you screw that much up... if we are legit here this fight wasn't at WW and it shouldn't affect the rankings for WW.
i agree, but it shed some more light on his skills and where he stacks up

Wboy vs Woodley 1 = draw
Wboy vs Woodley 2 = Wboy (very close fight)
Wboy vs Till = Till no controversy for me in this one and all recent fights from Wboy very low activity and kinda meh

I keep saying it and will continue to say it WB is very highly overrated and very 1 dimensional he does best when he's the bigger guy against a stiff moving fighter.

Just watched it. I thought Wonderboy won that but I can't complain because they both did jack shit the entire fight. Just ticky tack kicks back and forth and Till landed the biggest strike in the last round but I don't think that was enough for a win. Still, fight was hot garbage, especially since it was hyped up so much.

I had Wonderboy winning most rounds because his strikes were landing cleaner, but the numbers were very close and with Wonderboy's retreating style I wasn't at all surprised that Till got the nod.
I was surprised the decision was so lopsided though.

Wow, what a horrible fight.
Horrible event.

Fucking awful.

I really enjoyed that fight but I knew sherdog wouldn’t

You can always tell a shit card when nobody in the bar complains if the jukebox goes back on

Back