UFC fighters from WW and below at 35yo+ are 1-22 in title fights when fighting a younger opponent

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score

Lone win was TWood against Till...

So from 125-155lbs not a single 35yo+ fighter has beaten the younger fighter in a title bout

Goes to show how 125-155lbs is a different sport from above. Especially 185+ is JV league level. 125-155lbs MMA is where the REAL talent and high level in MMA is.

Father time is undefeated after all.

Sucks to see Volk fall like that, but this is fighting.

Ruthless sport, highest of highs and the lowest of lows.

I was reading about this the other week
Isn't it 2-31 or something by now

I remember Woodley had two wins or something in the record. Let me try and find it

1-22 is when the 35yo+ fighter is the older of the 2 fighters

In that other stat youre speaking of, the 35yo fighter could be the younger one too. Hence TWood at 35 beat Till (younger) and Maia (who was 39yo)

1-22 is when the 35yo+ fighter is the older of the 2 fighters

In that other stat youre speaking of, the 35yo fighter could be the younger one too. Hence TWood at 35 beat Till (younger) and Maia (who was 39yo)
Ah yes you are right. I was thinking of this statistic which i read earlier

Fighters aged 35 and over --- in men's divisions below middleweight --- have a record of 2-23 in title fights (including interim). The sole individual to secure victories at the age of 35 or older while weighing under 185 pounds is Tyron Woodley, against Demian Maia and Darren Till.

Back