UFC FN OSP vs Okami draws reported 8,571 attendance in Japan(lowest attendance ever at the SS Arena)

It's a good card on paper. Brazilians always show up. The problem is Japan. They've never shown up. UFC has got to stop doing shows there. It's a waste of time.

"Brazilians always show up" is an odd statement considering okami was an extremely short notice replacement for shogun.

I noticed it was very quiet in the arena. I thought it was because the fans were being respectful, apparently it was there werent any.

The UFC always give international audiences shit tier cards. (except Brazil, they get some Brazilian superstars competing, occasionally).

Ok, it's shittiest ever, better?

The UFC thinks they can throw a bunch of hometown fighters on their overseas cards and it'll automatically sell.

So what's next for OSP?

Rebook the Shogun fight or maybe a potential fight with Gus? That's one we haven't seen yet

Curious to know what people think should be the next fight for OSP tho

There is something wrong with UFC, its not to do with the depth of the cards, sorry but thats the way it is. Ok guys here is some examples. UFC 122 for example was a awful card, very poor card for a PPV event.. that was in Germany but it sold out in 6 hours. UFC 72 which was a awful card for PPV sold out in under 1 hour in Ireland.

But these days shitty cards won't sell, but they used too back 6 or 7 years ago. UFC is just not as popular as it once was, there is no doubt about it. the bars and restaurants don't even screen UFC PPV's anymore here, there used to be lots of places here that showed UFC PPV's but now there is none, or there is 1 bar that does but only for certain UFC events.

I chatted too one of the guys before who used to screen UFC PPV's in his bar here and he told me he stopped doing it at UFC 132 because its too expensive to screen them and not enough people are interested or demanding it.

That's because they used to have hype, and dare I say edginess. Now its just seen as meh. That, combined with the boring cards, don't help. Used to be even the boring shit used to sell out, but consumers got smarter....just not smart enough to actually support the competition, which is where the real issue lies. People need to put more weight behind the other promotions, and we might see all sides stepping their game up.

That's because they used to have hype, and dare I say edginess. Now its just seen as meh. That, combined with the boring cards, don't help. Used to be even the boring shit used to sell out, but consumers got smarter....just not smart enough to actually support the competition, which is where the real issue lies. People need to put more weight behind the other promotions, and we might see all sides stepping their game up.
Yeah very true. I agree. And also back then there used to be much less cards so it was easier to crave UFC, but now there is often cards every week or every 2 weeks and it just becomes a bit of a chore to watch after a while, especially some of these Fight Night events.

True, they made their money with WMMA, milked the last out of Rousey, now time to slowly phase it out.
Even if you're a fan of WMMA i can't imagine how you justify putting those snoozers on the main card, and tons of deserving and entertaining fights on the prelims. They should just phase it out to INVICTA, and if anyone asks just say "we gave them their own league" and end it at that, no controversy.
I'd usually agree with you but Claudia/ Andrade was the best Just Bleed fight on the night.

So much for keeping Gomi around as the token Japan sales magnet.

It was nice knowing ya, Buddy.

Hard to say without knowing how much they brought in from local (Japan) advertising on TV and at the venue....but yeah, it seemed like a loss. Although, the fighters' payroll was probably super low as well.

There is something wrong with UFC, its not to do with the depth of the cards, sorry but thats the way it is. Ok guys here is some examples. UFC 122 for example was a awful card, very poor card for a PPV event.. that was in Germany but it sold out in 6 hours. UFC 72 which was a awful card for PPV sold out in under 1 hour in Ireland.

But these days shitty cards won't sell, but they used too back 6 or 7 years ago. UFC is just not as popular as it once was, there is no doubt about it. the bars and restaurants don't even screen UFC PPV's anymore here, there used to be lots of places here that showed UFC PPV's but now there is none, or there is 1 bar that does but only for certain UFC events.

I chatted too one of the guys before who used to screen UFC PPV's in his bar here and he told me he stopped doing it at UFC 132 because its too expensive to screen them and not enough people are interested or demanding it.

UFC is just in a horrible slump at the moment. Nothing is working for them. UFC 215 buys should be the lowest buy card since like 2006. ROFL.

It's bad folks

Yeah very true. I agree. And also back then there used to be much less cards so it was easier to crave UFC, but now there is often cards every week or every 2 weeks and it just becomes a bit of a chore to watch after a while, especially some of these Fight Night events.

In my opinion i say let them hold many cards, put it on TV etc. But as for fans, rather than watching a B or C grade UFC card, why not watch an A grade ACB, FNG, M-1, Rizin or Bellator card. But its the MMA Media who need to cover some of the stronger cards from the other promotions.

Personally from my memory, during the PRIDE days they may have held an event every 2 months but they were stacked! UFC cards always seemed watered down in comparison. So things haven't changed too much. Not to mention their roster wasn't nearly as international. Pre-Zuffa UFC seemed much more international in its talent pool, but PRIDE and Pancrase bought them all out. RINGS was crazy international too with the talent they had, most of whom were never seen before elsewhere, like the guys from Russia, etc.

Not surprising.
What is surprising that fans are still shelling out for lame ppvs

stop buying and let ppv be a thing of the past. UFC hardly ever puts in cards worth the price tag anymore. For a few years now.

The most talented roster and Busch league ppv.

Japan fell out of love with MMA years ago.

Stop giving the rest of the world shit tier cards, UFC. Just desserts.

Shitty card and the time. What time was over there? 6 am?

The UFC always give international audiences shit tier cards. (except Brazil, they get some Brazilian superstars competing, occasionally).

So true. How do they expect to gain momentum overseas with all these scrub cards?

So what's next for OSP?

Rebook the Shogun fight or maybe a potential fight with Gus? That's one we haven't seen yet

Curious to know what people think should be the next fight for OSP tho
Shogun will need surgery, OSP can move on from this fight.

I'd usually agree with you but Claudia/ Andrade was the best Just Bleed fight on the night.

Glad some good came out of it, i don't even watch that stuff. Skipped the fight then came back when the main event was on. Worldstar has far more entertaining bitch fights, if i need that fix.

Back