UFC Fox 25 - PBP/Discussion

I had a good night thanks to Weidman, Cummins, and Anders. Would have been a great night if Bermudez didn't drop the ball.

In regards to Weidman/Gastelum, I have to say that I've never seen a fighter look as solid as Gastelum did despite barely having any offense besides dropping Weidman at the end of Rd 1. Gastelum's sub defense and scrambling was really on point until Weidman finally snagged the sub. I think a lot of people were sleeping on Weidman's ground game though. He's just had an absolute lineup of killers lately. He is one of the top grapplers in the division for sure.

i had about 5 two man palays, each of them had one winner and one loser (i.e all crashing). what a fucking TRASH night.

i think like most people i was looking at zaleski and bochniak as dogs, not fucking albini, vera and elkins.

Show your win ticket, first you bet Weidman and than Gastelum? Wtf dude, you are a troll, nothing more
Bruh it's on page one of the official bet thread. Lol enjoy

Where did I ever say I bet gastelum lol you tardddddd

Last edited:
So happy for Weidman. Nice to see him get back on track in front of his home crowd. It'll be interesting to see who he gets matched up with next.

I also thought Gastelum represented himself really well. I hope he makes the decision to get his diet right and go back to 170. I love his style and I think he has the potential to be champion at that weight. If he shores up his TDD he's a nightmare matchup for most anyone in the division IMO.

Not sure what the consensus was here but I thought the Good fight was a bit of a robbery. I need to watch it again but from where I was sitting I thought he had that fight 29-28 at worst.

EDIT: I was on Zaleski

imo, weidman was in bad shape after the kd. it wasnt like when magny was dropped. chris covered up, to a certain extent he turtled, and was then saved by the bell

gastelum is not a guy with one punch ko power and i believe that retired kennedy gassed more than anything else.

i won money on him tonight but he is fade material

I agree with maybe 35% of this

Chris Weidman has just been up against an absolute murderers row of killers and has faced a lot of adversity along the way. I mean, he's had some bad breaks as well.

i.e He was winning the Luke Rockhold fight until he made a highly unusual spinning technique that found him on the bottom against a beast like rockhold. He was also having success against Romero — even winning the first round — before getting his skull caved in in the ensuing around. Such was the case with Moose as Chris won the first frame and then some weirdness transpired. He's not been blown out of the water is what I am saying.

I thought against KG the former champion had his most impressive showing since the Munoz fight.

KG is a fast and slick pugilist with excellent wrestling and get ups and Chris dominated him everywhere the match went save it for that brief moment. Yes, we could hypothetically say if there was more time he would've been finished blah blah blah blah blah but KG had two more rounds after that and didn't land anything substantial. What's more, Weidman was landing multiple punch combinations on the better boxer and his range control – being all the way in or all the way out – was spectacular. His transitions into takedowns was seamless. His position over submission game was on point.

All of the minor sightings he had used brilliantly. So it's fair to say that Weidman dominated KG for around 13 minutes and 30 seconds of a 14 minute fight. Pretty good.

Agree to disagree LOL

I think everyone (me included) maybe forgot just how good an overall grappler Weidman is (not how good a wrestler, how good a GRAPPLER). This is a guy who had an extremely competitive grappling match with Andre freaking Galvao after only about 9 months of training bjj. He's (Weidman) kind of a grapling savant honestly. I think the fact that Rockhold (also a hell of a grappler, esp with top position) put him in that horrible spot after that ill-advised kick made us all forget maybe? In the grappling that happened vs Yoel, Weidman looked good. He took Moose down a bunch too and then gassed after not being able to hold him there (that for sure influenced the thinking on Weidman). But against a smaller guy (even a solid grappler like Kelvin) it was obvious how dominant Weidman is capable of being with top control.

not that surprising when you think he almost subbed moose a few months ago

I think everyone (me included) maybe forgot just how good an overall grappler Weidman is (not how good a wrestler, how good a GRAPPLER). This is a guy who had an extremely competitive grappling match with Andre freaking Galvao after only about 9 months of training bjj. He's (Weidman) kind of a grapling savant honestly. I think the fact that Rockhold (also a hell of a grappler, esp with top position) put him in that horrible spot after that ill-advised kick made us all forget maybe? In the grappling that happened vs Yoel, Weidman looked good. He took Moose down a bunch too and then gassed after not being able to hold him there (that for sure influenced the thinking on Weidman). But against a smaller guy (even a solid grappler like Kelvin) it was obvious how dominant Weidman is capable of being with top control.

not that surprising when you think he almost subbed moose a few months ago

Yea, I was on Weidman sub small (wish I went bigger now lol) and I remember there being some discussion from others as well about liking that line at over +800. I think it may have been @iGnP who initially brought it up? But yea, a few of us thought Weidman had a shot at grabbing a sub after seeing some of the positions that Magny was able to get Gastelum in in the first few rounds of their fight.

I agree with maybe 35% of this

Chris Weidman has just been up against an absolute murderers row of killers and has faced a lot of adversity along the way. I mean, he's had some bad breaks as well.

i.e He was winning the Luke Rockhold fight until he made a highly unusual spinning technique that found him on the bottom against a beast like rockhold. He was also having success against Romero — even winning the first round — before getting his skull caved in in the ensuing around. Such was the case with Moose as Chris won the first frame and then some weirdness transpired. He's not been blown out of the water is what I am saying.

I thought against KG the former champion had his most impressive showing since the Munoz fight.

KG is a fast and slick pugilist with excellent wrestling and get ups and Chris dominated him everywhere the match went save it for that brief moment. Yes, we could hypothetically say if there was more time he would've been finished blah blah blah blah blah but KG had two more rounds after that and didn't land anything substantial. What's more, Weidman was landing multiple punch combinations on the better boxer and his range control – being all the way in or all the way out – was spectacular. His transitions into takedowns was seamless. His position over submission game was on point.

All of the minor sightings he had used brilliantly. So it's fair to say that Weidman dominated KG for around 13 minutes and 30 seconds of a 14 minute fight. Pretty good.

Agree to disagree LOL

i dont disagree with anything that you are saying other than the fact that i believe weidmans punch resistance is greatly diminshed.

other than the kd, chris dominated gastelum from start to finish. as i said before, i bet chris. this has very little to do with my opinion that i believe weidman is a ko ready to happen

Not sure what the consensus was here but I thought the Good fight was a bit of a robbery. I need to watch it again but from where I was sitting I thought he had that fight 29-28 at worst.

EDIT: I was on Zaleski
Yeah I agree, pretty clear 29-28 Good. The consensus here seemed to be that Zaleski edged it, but people are obviously biased (as most were on Za).

Mmadecisions.com has it 8-5 Good. Zaleski winning is understandable, but those two 30-27's arent.

I had money on Zaleski but watching live I thought Good took it 29-28. could've gone either way, though, those first two rds were really close. I loved that fight, Zaleski getting the nod just made it a bit better for me :).

Yea, I was on Weidman sub small (wish I went bigger now lol) and I remember there being some discussion from others as well about liking that line at over +800. I think it may have been @iGnP who initially brought it up? But yea, a few of us thought Weidman had a shot at grabbing a sub after seeing some of the positions that Magny was able to get Gastelum in in the first few rounds of their fight.
It saved my ass, that's for sure. I live bet KG for a decent bit live but w the Sub prop hitting, I made a very small profit instead of choking all of that away

Lost thousands on Kelvin live. I fell for the narrative that Chris would get more tired and helpless the further the fight went, ignoring the size issue in the process.

I said multiple times in threads how much I hated this card, yet I jumped in for the action instead of listening to my gut and respecting my research (which said take the night off). Then chased with Canadian football after. Lol. Oh well. I will learn from this, but what a pricey lesson.

Congrats Weidman backers. I was thinking of hedging Chris by sub with Gas SU but I regret that now of course.

Gotta have a short memory sometimes so on to the next one!

Last edited:
Good night, I was extremely heavy on Weidman and it paid off.

If that moron Bermudez had won it would have been my best night ever by a wide margin, but he ruined several parlays.

There is an outside chance Weidman gets the title shot against Bisping now. Crazy, I know. But Rob might be out till next year, Jacare off a loss (surgery too?), Romero just lost, Rockhold booked 2 months away, Moose in Bellator. Weidman and Bisping going back and forth on twitter, Weidman with the shots post fight, etc.

Looks like if Woodley wins he'll get GSP. Crazy but I could see it to be honest.

There is an outside chance Weidman gets the title shot against Bisping now. Crazy, I know. But Rob might be out till next year, Jacare off a loss (surgery too?), Romero just lost, Rockhold booked 2 months away, Moose in Bellator. Weidman and Bisping going back and forth on twitter, Weidman with the shots post fight, etc.

Looks like if Woodley wins he'll get GSP. Crazy but I could see it to be honest.

I can see it too, plus they have a PPV at MSG coming up in Autumn too.

Back