UFC FOX 26 - RDA vs Lawler - Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of like RDA here. I just dont think Lawler is that good.

I also like Perry at those odds. I love Ponzi but he gets hit a lot and Perry hits like a truck. Still pulling for my countrymen. Probably no bet for me.

Im going back to betting right now but to be honest this card does not excite me very much.

Ponz/Perry is very interesting. We will see how much Perry has improved since his loss to Jouban as I think Ponz can implement a similar game plan by using his jab and staying at distance. Ponz is the more polished fighter but Perry is a great athlete and has very good instincts. Patrick Wyman is very high on Perry and said something along the lines of him being the best prospect he has seen in a while.

Both Glover and Misha got KO'd back in May.

Misha took no damage before he got hit with a weird punch behind the ear and got KO'd.

Glover took a life changing beating for 5 rounds, one of the biggest beatdowns I've seen this year. Glover is 38 years old, he's been KO'd in 2 of his last 3 fights, he's lost 4 of his last 8 and he's on a physical decline. He should retire.

I'll take the fighter with more upside, he's younger, he's at home and the UFC are trying to set him up with a win.

Perry is fighting someone that is out of his league, there is levels to this game. Ponz is going to snipe him with that straight right. Perry got embarrassed by Jouban and Ellenberger arguably won the 1st round of their fight.

Perry trains with Alex Nicholson, while Ponz is getting rounds in with guys like Poirier, Tumenov, Masvidal, Covington and the other dozens of high level fighters at ATT

Perry can hold his own against fringe top 15 guys but Ponz is amongst the elite of the division, it's too high level.

Last edited:
Any leans to Chad Laprise vs. Galore Bofando?
I think Bofando will be a +130 dog and Im thinking of picking him
He is impresive

Perry is fighting someone that is out of his league, there is levels to this game. Ponz is going to snipe him with that straight right. Perry got embarrassed by Jouban and Ellenberger arguably won the 1st round of their fight.

Perry trains with Alex Nicholson, while Ponz is getting rounds in with guys like Poirier, Tumenov, Masvidal, Covington and the other dozens of high level fighters at ATT

Perry can hold his own against fringe top 15 guys but Ponz is amongst the elite of the division, it's too high level.

Couldn’t agree more

Couldn’t agree more
Even though I favour Ponz to win here, I'm not totally counting Perry out, he'll always have a puncher's chance and he's got a good chin. Ponz gets hit, his defence is a little suspect, there is a clear path for Perry to win. I'm not betting Ponz right now, gonna see where the odds go

im thinking about josh to get a dec win here, his skills is not as sharp as Lamas but Josh will have huge strengt advantage here, Josh is 100% on the right juice and hes standup is hard and crisp. Josh was stronger then Holtzman and Holtzman out mucel Hoarcher easy, Lams is a big step up compared to Hoarcher, but if the odds are right im gona hit it

I think you'll be one of very few. Good luck to you.

I don’t see Emmett having anything for lamas. I just don’t like lamas price. I hope his price comes back down to the -220 to -230 range

Disrespecting Lamas seems to be like its own little industry in the betting community. I still remember the Lamas-Knight line, Lamas +130, Lamas ITD +400, KO + 900. I'm also liking Ponz, Perry might have shown a bit more diversity in his striking game in his last fight... but it was a dude being brought in to die.

Cirkunov is my only bet so far, wish I could have got +odds but -115 will have to do.

Glover is at the end of his career, he's been on the decline since he started training out of his own gym which was after the Jones fight. He's so slow now and he's looked flat in his recent performances. IDK how he comes back from that beating Gus gave him only 7 months ago.

I like betting on the younger fighters, hometown fighters, more athletic fighters and I'm getting all that here. The only clear advantage Glover has is experience. Cirkunov is a high level grappler and he will have a distinct speed advantage on the feet. He can win standing or on the ground, TD's will be there, it's a good match up for him.

Cirkunov is my only bet so far, wish I could have got +odds but -115 will have to do.

Glover is at the end of his career, he's been on the decline since he started training out of his own gym which was after the Jones fight. He's so slow now and he's looked flat in his recent performances. IDK how he comes back from that beating Gus gave him only 7 months ago.

I like betting on the younger fighters, hometown fighters, more athletic fighters and I'm getting all that here. The only clear advantage Glover has is experience. Cirkunov is a high level grappler and he will have a distinct speed advantage on the feet. He can win standing or on the ground, TD's will be there, it's a good match up for him.
Im not sold on Misha AT ALL but you make a good point with Glover being on the decline. The intention behind this one looks like they want to build Cirkunov back and they want to do it quick by giving him a high ranked guy.

IMO Glover has been declining for years now but his fight IQ, thoughness and being competent in all areas got him really far in a shallow LHW division.

His striking is enough to beat grapplers standing (Cummins, Bader) and outgrapple strikers (OSP, Cannonier). Whenever he was not able to control where the fight goes he loses: Gus, Davis, Jones, Rumble.

Misha while not super refined is powerful enough to make Glover tentative on his feet and should have a wrestling/strenght advantage too. If he fights smart he should get the win. I honestly see Teixeira losing a couple more fights and retiring.

1.25u to win 1u on Misha ML. Was expecting better odds but fuck it.

Disrespecting Lamas seems to be like its own little industry in the betting community. I still remember the Lamas-Knight line, Lamas +130, Lamas ITD +400, KO + 900. I'm also liking Ponz, Perry might have shown a bit more diversity in his striking game in his last fight... but it was a dude being brought in to die.
Lamas is -285 in my bookie. Sounds about right. Need watch some tape on Emmet but I dont remember him being anything special.
Lamas is a seasoned veteran who only lost to elite of the elite in the last 7 years (Aldo, Holloway, Mendes).

Had to hit Perry at +160. Perry is young and athletic. He has a stout chin and massive heart. Most importantly, he's seemingly improving incrementally fight-to-fight. I'm relying on continued improvement and Perry's ability to dictate the terms of the fight w/ his physicality. Ponzi is no doubt more of a technician, but the W over Gunni is skewed due to the eye pokes (in my opinion) and he's relatively one-dimensional.

I need to review more tape in order to develop a more comprehensive breakdown, but at the current odds I was compelled to lean w/ the prospect.

EDIT: Also looking to hit Lamas at -240. Just re-watched several Emmett fights and I think Lamas is likely superior in virtually every area. Don't believe Emmett has the power or submission prowess to finish Lamas. Therefore I intend to bet heavy on Lamas and perhaps hedge w/ an Emmett by decision (theoretically could potentially see Emmett attempt to stymie the Lamas offensive by implementing a laborious, wrestling/grappling heavy game plan)

RDA, Lamas and Glover are my picks here. I haven't picked a winner in a while so go with opposite if you're looking to make some cash.

I'm on ponz. Gonna be a masterclass unless he gets ktfo. And I don't think that happens enough. Roberts boxed the head off perry in parts. Ponz will do the same. Jabs too good. Got the footwork to avoid the cage. Ponz could get the ko through accumulation of strikes as perry so easy to hit. Depends if ponz turns it up and his level of risk. Perrys last 2 wins were gimmies. A lightweight on short notice and ellenburger who's 1/7 last 8 (I'm not counting the koscheck win as he's on a 7 fight skid)

Who else is excited to see the mutant Galore Bofando fight again?
Is Laprise going up to WW for this fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back