UFC FOX 26 - RDA vs Lawler - Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think he lost due to the altitude or Ferguson being Mexican? Lol
Altitude obviosuly makes a huge difference. Rough weightcuts takes a toll on the gastank, combine it with the altitude and going against a cardio machine in ferguson and you got problems

It was 2-2 going into the last round on all scorecards with RDA/Ferg. It was also scored that way by the bulk of play by plays.

1st bet on RDA at +100
Think that RDA is the fresher of the two and have more to offer at this point in their careers. Don't think Lawler will finish RDA, I am very confident in RDA,s chin and RDA,s tempo and combinations and cardio will give Lawler problems to get the decision here. If Lawler is going to win this he needs to go through another 25minutes war and I dont think he have that in him anymore.

Leaning RDA as well. Hard to bet against Robbie, and his power is legit, but that vid above shows that RDA can withstand some shots. RDA's cardio is better, he is likely faster and may be harder to hit than other recent Lawler opponents and he is a swarmer. If Robbie gets staggered even for a moment RDA comes in like an angry bee swarm.

Robbie has one real path to victory and thats winning a stand-up exchange. Its a real path, but RDA has several: he has the long fight advantage, he is harder to hit, and he has ample finishing capacity. At -105, RDA looks very tempting.

RDA looked like utter shit vs Tarec. I'll prob play Robbie just cause of how sloppy RDA looked in that fight. He'll get pieced up performing like that vs Lawler

RDA simply has more left in the tank at this point, he's still motivated and 170 has refreshed his career.

Lawler is nearly 36, there are so many miles on him and his best years are behind him.

Still expecting a close fight but I have to lean RDA

I am considering the over 2.5, I think it goes all 5

Wow, really surprised most itt are on RDA. He has resorted to a completely clinch/td/grappling based gameplan at WW thus far and has had good matchups to do so. When is the last time Lawler got grinded out in the clinch? I think the size/strength/power here will be too much in a contest that will play out mostly on the feet. Hendricks and Condit both hurt Lawler at points in their fights to arguably win rounds, RDA didn't carry much power at LW, so it seems very unlikely he has that option. Cerrone hit Lawler with some flush clinch elbows and a headkick and he seemed unfazed. The year off was great career management for Lawler and now hes back training with beasts like Usman everyday, who happens to be a great training partner for RDA with his pressure and clinch based game. For RDA to win he has to outvolume Lawler for 3/5 rounds without getting caught, while also relying on the judges not scoring Lawler's more powerful shots with more emphasis than his volume. Lawler around -200 seems more accurate IMO.

Edit: Another important point to consider.....one of RDA's best weapons is his left body/liver kick, which will be negated here due to it being Southpaw/Southpaw.

Last edited:
Hit Misha at +115 as Glover is definitely on the decline and getting caught behind the ear by Lord Volkan doesn't look nearly as bad now. Still think Misha is a legit contender and Glover on his way out.

Want to play Ponz but not at -200, thought the line was going to move the other way..

Ward's a bum, but yeah Galore has some impressive physcial traits for sure. Galore/Laprise is interesting, but very hard to cap IMO.

I don't trust Galore at all yet. Ward was no test at all. I think he's gonna have major problems with more technical fighters.

Very interested in the line

wooow rewatched Emmett vs Felipe, he has some good power !
I think I will pass on Lamas or pick the dog here, I see a scenario where it plays out like in the Mendes fight

Respectfully disagree. I went and re-watched several Emmett fights and he doesn't have great power. He has rarely rocked his UFC opponents if ever. The Arantes fight was an interesting case b/c Arantes was trying to bait Emmett into his guard. Therefore, I think Arantes was playing a bit of cat and mouse in an attempt to get the fight into his grappling heavy wheelhouse. No doubt he rocked Arantes, but I believe some of that was more so for show a la Werdum vs Overeem in Strikeforce.

Arantes was also a former 135er and Emmett still couldn't put him away.

Respectfully disagree. I went and re-watched several Emmett fights and he doesn't have great power. He has rarely rocked his UFC opponents if ever. The Arantes fight was an interesting case b/c Arantes was trying to bait Emmett into his guard. Therefore, I think Arantes was playing a bit of cat and mouse in an attempt to get the fight into his grappling heavy wheelhouse. No doubt he rocked Arantes, but I believe some of that was more so for show a la Werdum vs Overeem in Strikeforce.

Arantes was also a former 135er and Emmett still couldn't put him away.
Arantes is a vet who's never been stopped by strikes before and Emmett seemed to have him in danger all throughout the fight, he was visibly much stronger and more threatening, he just didn't manage to land that finishing shot, it happens, doesn't have to mean someone can't crack. And I don't buy the narrative of Arantes playing possum in the slightest.

For the record, I was on Arantes for that fight and that made me feel a +200 bet was square.

Wow, really surprised most itt are on RDA. He has resorted to a completely clinch/td/grappling based gameplan at WW thus far and has had good matchups to do so. When is the last time Lawler got grinded out in the clinch? I think the size/strength/power here will be too much in a contest that will play out mostly on the feet. Hendricks and Condit both hurt Lawler at points in their fights to arguably win rounds, RDA didn't carry much power at LW, so it seems very unlikely he has that option. Cerrone hit Lawler with some flush clinch elbows and a headkick and he seemed unfazed. The year off was great career management for Lawler and now hes back training with beasts like Usman everyday, who happens to be a great training partner for RDA with his pressure and clinch based game. For RDA to win he has to outvolume Lawler for 3/5 rounds without getting caught, while also relying on the judges not scoring Lawler's more powerful shots with more emphasis than his volume. Lawler around -200 seems more accurate IMO.

Edit: Another important point to consider.....one of RDA's best weapons is his left body/liver kick, which will be negated here due to it being Southpaw/Southpaw.
idk man, when i rewatched the Cerrone fight and i saw how hi gave the second round to Donald, i thought myself i cant relly on Robbie. If he plays 2 or 3 rounds like this with RDA, his fight is half-lost. And if he cant rock the flaky Cerrone, i am not sure he can KO/TKO Dos Anjos.

Cerrone was hurt in the 1st, he just masked it well. Robbie has shown in the past he takes rounds off, but seems to have a very keen sense of when he is winning and can afford to do so. He can also steal rounds with those blitzes and has the ability to hurt RDA to win rounds as well. Also way more likely to finish.

I remember quite a few itt were on Saff, not sure why that performance or him subbing Magny changed perceptions. I was on RDA against both Saff and Magny fwiw.

Cerrone was hurt in the 1st, he just masked it well. Robbie has shown in the past he takes rounds off, but seems to have a very keen sense of when he is winning and can afford to do so. He can also steal rounds with those blitzes and has the ability to hurt RDA to win rounds as well. Also way more likely to finish.

I remember quite a few itt were on Saff, not sure why that performance or him subbing Magny changed perceptions. I was on RDA against both Saff and Magny fwiw.

Its still a very risky game to play, when you take off a round in a 3 round fight. What if he needs to take off two rounds in a 5 round fight this time? Although maybe he was a bit gassed after putting it on Cowboy for the majority of the first round.

About Tarec. I honestly don't think lawyer would have looked any better against him.

And something else i noticed when i watched RDA/Ferg fight. RDA had a lot of success with the counterstriking when Ferg was wild with his hands and Robbie can be very wild striker too from time to time. And again, if there was no such size difference i was goin to be a lot more confident in RDA. I think that size disadvantage was the reason why Tarec gave RDA such a good fight and with Robbie it`s even bigger.

Can't wait to see Lawler/RDA face off at weights and see just how big the size difference is, both guys are thick, RDA has out on some mass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back