UFC FOX 28 - Stephens vs Emmett - Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Card, I think I can speak for a lot of the guys on the forum by saying that you provide a real invaluable service to this forum by summarizing these interviews.

Or, as they say in internet speak:

CARD

YOU DA REAL MVP

I asked for him, because I want to challenge myself, we're both well rounded, it's just who wants it more, I train year round, since my last fight, Soto, Vera, outwork him in every position, I've been 25 mins, I have cardio for 15, break into top 15 with one more win

Both Perry and I told Shelby we wanted to fight during the UFC retreat, I'm a warrior, he's good, but he's a raw brawler, he's sloppy and emotional, short reach, stands real square but he can knock you you, he's very hit-table, more like a sniper, I will pick him apart, full time fighter now, it's completely different, all training, lots of one on ones, life changer, can recover now, you'll see a different animal, I broke all the numbers at the UFC institute, I will put him early 1st or 2nd

Short notice fight, I can't cut 42 pounds in 2 days, 6 week camp this time, I'm a big 185'er, he's a stud, surprised OneFC let him get away, he's a stand up guy, kicks, it'll be fun, he's not a point fighter, make it FOTN, training with Safferdine, Strickland, we both have heavy hands, going to Disney World after the fight

Waiting for a UFC win for so long, proved that I belong, as soon as he called me out, they offered the fight, i can't say no, he's slower than the last guy I fought, good match up for me, I'm better everywhere, I've faced tougher opponents, higher level, I'll prove that, last minute fight, but I stay in the gym, always ready, this fight was supposed to be on Austin, but somehow got pushed to Florida, alot of guys in fight camp at Pete Spratt camp, looking for a finish, win helped me mentally

Was trying to fight in Nov/Dec, I was bummed, but then found out about the Orlando card, my hometown, so I waited, last fight showed how tough I am, won't quit, it's a dream to be on this card, Eddie is going to step out, we'll drink beers after, trained with Mike Perry, I'm one of the OG in Orlando, I have wrestling, I can finish it anywhere, been in the game too long, experience, I'm better at his strengths and I'm better at his weaknesses, we're similar, but I'm taller, longer and more experienced, better everywhere, just need to be sharp, I play Street Fighter II

Paging subli and ivanilich

Last edited:
I think Griffin vs Perry is honestly close to a coin flip.

Both guys are below average grapplers, although I was impressed with Max's sprawl in the Dos Santos fight.

Both guys throw and land with power and both guys can get rocked.

Rock em sock em robots.

Perry should be favored, but that line is outrageous.
I agree that the lines off but it’s not a coin flip. Perry is pretty damn talented

I swear James Lynch has the exact same face in every single thumbnail of the youtube videos.

On-topic : Perry - Griffin may be a good live-betting fight, especially if Griffin gets out of round 1..

Quite a few props out. Hit Latifi +310, Andrade -110, and McCann +110 decisions small and stabbed Griffin dec +750.

Great camp, extra runs, swims, excited to fight, still living at home, saving my money, first UFC fight I had anxiety, almost didn't get on the plane to Brazil, former world champ, excited to take his name, UFC likes me, was trying to get Rivera fight, I see myself finishing him, keep the pressure, he fades, I grow, get late finish, I use a float tank

Another stepping stone, up the ranking, I'm faster on the ground and feet, I always stay ready to fight, he called me out, finish this kid, he called me scared on twitter but I wanted higher rankings, make a run for a title, get a shot this year, finally getting comfortable in UFC, not nervous anymore, I needed that win, proved that I belong

3 week notice, train year round, non stop training since my last fight, always in shape, well rounded guy, going to be a fun fight, FOTN, come out looking to finish, push myself, get me out of my comfort zone, he has movement, takedowns, Team Oyama asked me to train with McCall 4-5 years ago, they needed a wrestler, I was just coming off junior college, I lived at the gym, now in charge of the fighter house, great shape, I will win this fight, teammates pushing me

Really short notice fight, always ready, hop on opportunities, trained a bit with Bubba Jenkins at Blackhouse, don't leave it in the hands of the judges, worked on high flying moves, I should have put more pressure last fight, taken it to the ground, I know this catches subs, I won't play his game, I rushed last fight, wasn't the right thing to do, since my loss to 3 weeks ago, my life has been really rough, it's personal, if I survive that, there's nothing that can break me, I haven't heard of him, he's a sub guy, I have grappling as well, I have striking advantage, experience, mindset, this is it, now I'm Albert 3.0, put on a show, it's hard not to bring the gym life home, sometimes I come home angry, my wife takes the kids, my wife and I are trying to do a meal prep business

Home town fight for me, exciting, was supposed to fight last month, this is where I grew up, until I was 18, lots of family and friends, I'm winning because I don't have to pace myself anymore, strength and conditioning coach pushes me, now I throw whatever, Latifi is a good wrestler, he feels he can capitalize, I'm like ok come get it, when it got cancelled, I was cancelled, but now it's in Florida, gameplan stayed the same, more time to implement, he's alot shorter, so I can't over commit to punches, I'm alot longer, I'm big, strong, most power in 205, my wrestling has come along really good, stop takedowns or get them myself, keep myself active, been 3 fight in 5 months

Feel great, weight cut is good, started camp in Miami, then went back to Sweden when it got rescheduled, ATT and Allstars, good challenge for me, fighting a tall guy is nothing new for me

Griffin dec +800 at Unibet...
Stabbed that a bit. Nice price.

Even though I like Latifi ML at + odds, I'm surprised at how good odds are on OSP dec at +347. Given that Latifi has stretches where he just does nothing at all, I think OSP can absolutely win a decision here. Some of it depends on Latifi's mindset, because if he wants to wrestle this most likely won't hit. But Latifi has shown me enough times that he's willing to stay standing and hope to land a bomb only to watch minutes tick off the clock with him showing very limited activity.

Worth a stab imo.

Even though I like Latifi ML at + odds, I'm surprised at how good odds are on OSP dec at +347.
hmm can you elaborate a bit? I think the odds are pretty accurate. if you think this fight is a 55/45 deal like odds imply, id agree that its more likely that OSP finishes Latifi than OSP winning a decision (38% and 22%, respectively). Latifi has been finished in 3 of his 5 losses and OSP seemingly only wins by stoppage. What do you cap each outcome (and what do you cap the fight straight up, if you dont mind asking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back