UFC HALL OF FAME – OFFICIAL CLASS OF 2017 INDUCTION CEREMONY Thu, Jul 6, 2017 10:30PM ET (Discussion

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this will be on youtube or everywhere but ufc.tv has a link up.

https://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-hall-of-fame-ceremony---2017
Thu, Jul 6, 2017 10:30PM ET
Las Vegas
UFC HALL OF FAME – OFFICIAL CLASS OF 2017 INDUCTION CEREMONY

Park Theater

6:30 – 9pm PT

The UFC’s annual Hall of Fame returns to induct another class of mixed martial arts legends. Hosted once again by Jon Anik, the 2017 Ceremony will secure the legacy of a forgotten champion, pay tribute to a Japanese warrior, honor the sport’s greatest matchmaker and celebrate a modern-day icon.

Class of 2017

Modern Era: Urijah Faber (inducted by Cody Garbrandt & Joseph Benavidez)

Contributor: Joe Silva (inducted by UFC President Dana White)

Pioneer Era: Kazushi Sakuraba (inducted by UFC Hall of Famer Don Frye)

Pioneer Era: Maurice Smith (inductor TBA)

Details:

6:30pm: Door open to public

7:30pm: Ceremony begins

9pm: Ceremony concludes​

I'm so glad it's happening before the fights. It'll be tough to top Frye's speech from last year, but I'm pumped nonetheless.

I'm really looking forward to the legends discussion before the HOF. It's listed as UFC Legends Live at 7pm on Fight Pass. No idea who the guest will be. I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

Ufc is as bad as Conor about starting shit on time

Just randomly ran across this on FP. Had no idea it was happening.

Pretty interesting. I missed the beginning so I don't even know who's being inducted instead of Maurice Smith.

Maurice Smith's brother introduced him. It was a somber tale. He made it sound like they went through some rough times. Or he just likes to tell stories in front of audiences.

LOL Don Frye being creepy as hell talking about Miesha.

Maurice Smith's brother introduced him. It was a somber tale. He made it sound like they went through some rough times. Or he just likes to tell stories in front of audiences.
I think he made it up- all of it. He's probably just some selfish asshole looking for his 15 minutes. Bas did a great job of taking us through his career, though.

Dude Don Frye is being super creepy old man status. He literally called Miesha a piece of meat lol absolute madman

Dude Don Frye is being super creepy old man status. He literally called Miesha a piece of meat lol absolute madman

He's at the mic and giving no fucks. I bet Miesha was squirming in her seat by the end!

No end in sight lol he keeps interspersing weird quips towards miesha along with sakuraba stories

Yeah, unending Miesha comments and dropping jokes about Johny Hendricks and Jon Jones. Like I said, Frye don't give no fucks.

Frye is like the Colin Quinn of mma. I hope they bring him back for every HOF like Colin Quinn should have been at every Comedy Central Roast.

2018 HOF will be hosted by Snoop.

On one hand, I can appreciate that all the speakers just seem to be speaking casually instead of acting like robots. On the other, I think they could do with having their presentations tightened up a little more and little more polished.

I'm watching Benavidez and part of me likes just watching him be relaxed and speaking off the cuff and another part is tired of hearing him ramble and is thinking that this thing could be about an hour shorter than it is.

faber was already inducted?

how did CoGar look--i heard he had a bad back. was he able to walk?

faber was already inducted?

how did CoGar look--i heard he had a bad back. was he able to walk?

Faber's still talking. You just missed Garbrandt. He looked fine. Strolled out like there wasn't a problem.

LMAO @ Don Frye. Legend.

Back