UFC have signed top LHW prospect Magomed Ankalaev.

Cue debut vs Patrick Cummins in April.

All the russians all look the same Fonz like sideburns.

Last edited:
Another grappler from a neck beard country who eats too much tiramisu.

These insane russian dudes will start flooding the UFC more and more.

There are right now probably so many crazy foreign kickboxers, sambo dudes, Muay Thai masters etc. that could probably come in and claim UFC gold in many divisions right now we have yet to discover.

I think in the next ten years there will also be a huge influx of young fighters that are still kids right now, but that have been training at the highest level their whole lives so most of their brain cells are literally just fine tuned to the fight game so they don't even need to think about complex striking techniques, footwork defense all the mma stuff at all.. it just comes naturally like breathing.

Sage is a good example, and though he hasn't had quite the original success many people we anticipating he still probably had a long career ahead of him. It's only a matter of time until we see loads of child prodigy fighters grow up and start buzzing down divisions like a forest being clear cut for logs.

Meh, I thinks the best lhw outside UFC & Bellator is this Guy

http://m.sherdog.com/fighter/record/Batraz-Agnaev-176657

tumblr_mvyj69kVop1rj2phto1_500.gif

We are long over due for them to sign another Judo fighter. Why don't they scout gene and Gokors school?

They all sound the same to me.

Great signing. UFC still doing good work picking up Russian prospects post-WME purchase. Petr Yan and Sergei Pavlovich next please.

These insane russian dudes will start flooding the UFC more and more.

There are right now probably so many crazy foreign kickboxers, sambo dudes, Muay Thai masters etc. that could probably come in and claim UFC gold in many divisions right now we have yet to discover.

I think in the next ten years there will also be a huge influx of young fighters that are still kids right now, but that have been training at the highest level their whole lives so most of their brain cells are literally just fine tuned to the fight game so they don't even need to think about complex striking techniques, footwork defense all the mma stuff at all.. it just comes naturally like breathing.

Sage is a good example, and though he hasn't had quite the original success many people we anticipating he still probably had a long career ahead of him. It's only a matter of time until we see loads of child prodigy fighters grow up and start buzzing down divisions like a forest being clear cut for logs.

I agree.

I also think a lot of what you are describing is a mostly American based company expanding to a more international reach.

This is also why PRIDE was the bigger and grander stage than the UFC was. UFC has always favored and promoted stars that can speak English. In Japan, they had Russians, Croatians, Brazilians, Americans, Japanese, and Lithuanians...fighters of every country. It is also why many of their promos featured little to zero dialogue, because the audiences all spoke different languages. And the times where there was a narrator, it was relaxed and monotone and not forced and screaming like Rogan.

Instead of trash talk and fake hype, the PRIDE production team usually focused on stories told without dialogue, like training footage and they loved to capture raw human emotion.

Sorry for the rant. Just the whole international flavor made me think of PRIDE

I agree.

I also think a lot of what you are describing is a mostly American based company expanding to a more international reach.

This is also why PRIDE was the bigger and grander stage than the UFC was. UFC has always favored and promoted stars that can speak English. In Japan, they had Russians, Croatians, Brazilians, Americans, Japanese, and Lithuanians...fighters of every country. It is also why many of their promos featured little to zero dialogue, because the audiences all spoke different languages. And the times where there was a narrator, it was relaxed and monotone and not forced and screaming like Rogan.

Instead of trash talk and fake hype, the PRIDE production team usually focused on stories told without dialogue, like training footage and they loved to capture raw human emotion.

Sorry for the rant. Just the whole international flavor made me think of PRIDE

UFC is pretty international, look at the roster on wiki.

UFC is pretty international, look at the roster on wiki.
They are finally getting there.

They are signing more and more foreign talent.

The problem is they don't want to promote the non-English speaking fighters.

When Rockhold was champ he should have defended against Romero or Jacare but they chose the Weidman rematch. Weidman got hurt and then they pick Bisping. Romero and Jacare were screwed over for a long time.

I could name countless examples. A foreign fighter has to really work their way up a taller ladder than some of these other guys that are fast tracked to success and favorable matchups.

I say all this as an American. It makes me sick how they treat the foreign fighters.

Meh, I thinks the best lhw outside UFC & Bellator is this Guy

http://m.sherdog.com/fighter/record/Batraz-Agnaev-176657

Thiago Silva & Nunes are legit

Better than the 10 guys Ankalaev fought.
If you are interested from what I've seen in Russia most fans thinks that best prospects (who didn't fought in big orgs) in Russia at LHW are Ankalaev or Rashid Yusupov.
And personally I'm not sure that Silva and Nunes that Agnaev fought are better than Grishin that fought Ankalaev. Nunes is like 1-2 in ACB and probably they are goind to cut him because he lost 2 in a row.

Is he a good striker or another Khabib/Bibulatov who wings sloppy punches to get in close to grapple?

If he's the former, he has some promise, if he's the latter then I see him having a .5 UFC record.

They should sign Minakov, Goltsov and Pavlovich for the HW division, Mihail Zayats for the LHW, Artem Frolov for the MW.

Back