Media UFC Mexico Post-Fight Press Conference

UFC Fight Night 237 Bonuses: Brian Ortega Earns $50K in First Fight Since 2022​

It was a triumphant return to the Octagon in more ways than one forBrianOrtega.

Not only did “T-City” avenge a previous loss to YairRodriguez in the UFC Fight Night 237 co-main event, but he pocketed a $50,000“Performance of the Night” bonus in the process. After beingdropped and nearly finished in the opening stanza, Ortega ralliedto impose his will, ultimately eliciting a tapout from his opponentwith an arm-triangle choke 58 seconds into Round 3. It was Ortega’sfirst appearance since July 2022, when a shoulder injuryprematurely ended his first meeting with Rodriguez.

Elsewhere, DanielZellhuber and FranciscoPrado garnered “Fight of the Night” honors and $50,000 apiecefor their featured lightweight scrap. Prado’s aggression helped himget off to a strong start, but the rangy Zellhuber bloodied hisopponent with strikes and got stronger as the bout progressed toultimately earn a unanimous decision triumph.

Finally, ManuelTorres received the card’s other $50,000 “Performance of theNight” check by virtue of his 14th career first-round finishagainst ChrisDuncan in a lightweight pairing. After some early exchanges onthe feet, Torres found his way to his adversary’s back and eliciteda tapout at the 1:46 mark of Round 1.

The UFC CEO reacted to the melee during the post-fight press conference on Saturday.

“I mean, that never happens,” White said. “Literally never happens. It happened here in Mexico City. The crazy thing about that fight, when that fight broke out, it felt like it kept going forever. So I ran over there and I was watching it, nobody stopped it. I was waiting for security to come in, and they just let them go until it was over.

“That was one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen. I don’t think it’s a bad look for the UFC. It happened and that was the end of that.”

The UFC CEO reacted to the melee during the post-fight press conference on Saturday.

“I mean, that never happens,” White said. “Literally never happens. It happened here in Mexico City. The crazy thing about that fight, when that fight broke out, it felt like it kept going forever. So I ran over there and I was watching it, nobody stopped it. I was waiting for security to come in, and they just let them go until it was over.

“That was one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen. I don’t think it’s a bad look for the UFC. It happened and that was the end of that.”

Thanks bud. I missed it live because I'm taking care of a friend's dog and we were arm wrestling for a toy. My triceps are sore and now the dog wants to play today. I will not let minor injures dissuade me. Taking my inspiration from Brian Ortega. Gimme that toy, doggo!

tenor.gif

Back