UFC might actually be dying lol

BenRichards

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This past week we seen not 1 but 2 huge busts in the ufc for steriods. Both cases to already thin divisions and two of their more marketable names. Outside of brand recognition and exposure what is there in the ufc? As a mma fighter if your gym turns a blind eye or helps and you your self cheat why even bother with the ufc and usada? There's no union, health benefits, retirement, no individual sponsors, etc..

Other promotions arent nearly as stringent. If you're a marketable name the pay would be equal or greater. Not saying as a fan that this right or wrong but as a fighter if you cheat (and apparently a lot do) why even bother with the ufc at this point? Why not choose the path of least resistance?

Does anyone else think between some fighters choosing to walk voluntarily and now these busts that we'll see more fighters walking from the UFC and more raw talent opting to stay with say bellator, ksw, one fc?

Well executed exit strategy by the Fertitta's. They knew Nowitsky wasn't fucking around. Also, they knew Ronda and Conor aren't reliable employees.

Ronda = Exposed
JDS = Busted for peds
Jones = Busted yet again for peds
Cain = always injured
Bisping = Ducking, won the title by fluke
Anderson = busted for peds
GSP = in a farce of returning vs Bisping
Woodley = Boring as fuck, close fights
Mighty Mouse = Ducking, too small to even recognize
Holloway = Paper champ, lost vs Conor, beat Aldo, who lost vs Conor
Brock = Busted for peds
Conor = doing boxing

And that's just off of the top of my head.

So basically it's all fine. It's pretty funny at least.

Conor = loses to 2nd stringers like Diaz

I though they were getting the train back one the tracks with JBJ returning and GSP but I guess not lol.

This is the cross roads.

Clean up the sport! they say.

You're going to wake up to a sport where everyone is banned.

RIP ultimate fighting challenge!

Ronda = Exposed
JDS = Busted for peds
Cain = always injured
Brock = Busted for peds
Conor = doing boxing

More drama than WWE.
mjackson.gif

I just don't expect Conor to fight more than one fight in UFC especially if he wins Saturday. So UFC is losing two gigantic stars. They need stars bad.

Ronda = Exposed
JDS = Busted for peds
Cain = always injured
Brock = Busted for peds
Conor = doing boxing

It seems like UFC should pay Bisping to take a dive, that's the only real option to have a guy who can sell tickets/PPVs again

This is the cross roads.

Clean up the sport! they say.

You're going to wake up to a sport where everyone is banned.
lol it takes time to clean up the sewers. doping agency's cant catch everyone but they will make athletes think twice for sure. or a stiff financial penalty added, making doping practically useless.. in the end, we should have clean competition

Damn who's idea was it to have USADA in the first place? Terrible business move. Bellator doesn't have to deal with this shit

Damn! Mamed Khalidov was actually smart to stay with KSW! :D
<seedat>

Jon Jones will be a massive loss if it's all proven guilty and he's out of action. They were kinda banking on him being the main guy other than Conor.

Also USADA busting jones AFTER he Viciously KOd Cormier is a LOSS for them imo. There job should be to prevent the fight from happening not shit all over the winners victory with test results after the fact lol. We all saw what we saw. It doesn't give D.C. His brain cells back lol

If I was jones n it's really a two year suspension I'd try n go to Japan or Bellator cause he'll just pop again if he comes back what is this like the 3rd or 4th time

I believe that a lot of guys will chose Bellator to get away from the random testing. Both because we have seen that a lot (if not all?) have something to hide, but also because it demands a lot of the fighters to report where they are at all times, and keep a close watch on everything they eat, drink, creams, soaps...

lol it takes time to clean up the sewers. doping agency's cant catch everyone but they will make athletes think twice for sure. or a stiff financial penalty added, making doping practically useless.. in the end, we should have clean competition

But personally I don't think we'll ever see actual clean competition. It isn't a realistic model for mma or most sports actually. See the quotes below

Damn who's idea was it to have USADA in the first place? Terrible business move. Bellator doesn't have to deal with this shit

It was in hindsight a very bad decision to make the sport more marketable and save face I believe. It's done the complete opposite. Iirc it came in the wake of baseball's biogenesis scandal with A-Rod when steroids were the current hot topic of sports media.

I believe that a lot of guys will chose Bellator to get away from the random testing. Both because we have seen that a lot (if not all?) have something to hide, but also because it demands a lot of the fighters to report where they are at all times, and keep a close watch on everything they eat, drink, creams, soaps...

Why would you not? Usada shouldn't have the right to be in your business 24/7 365. Is there any other job in the world that has that kind of scrutiny? It doesn't even come down to cheating. Why work where constantly have to disclose your location even when your not working and still be subject to random testing that bans even over the counter supplements and medical aids.

Lol vitor was a fool for re-signing. Also I wonder how much josh Barnett regrets coming back considering the cushy deal that bellator would've gave him? Jon is fucked UFC won't release him. Jds the same but at least he's a 1st time offender, maybe he'll get a slap on the wrist and he can fight out his contract and run the fuck away

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back