UFC *might not be bigger than soccer, but is better

Lol that choker isn't even top 30.

His team won the Euro without him, because he's an overrated ballhog who dives for penalties. They could take Ronaldo off Portugal and Real Madrid and both of those teams would become significantly better overnight.

Bale proved that he is 10X the player Penaldo is, and Bale isn't even top 10 in the world.
Ronaldo is a horrible athlete dude, I could've outrun him in the 100m when I was 16.

He’s 33 years old and still playing at the highest level and he scored three goals against probably the best team in the world the other night FFS!

I find MMA new exciting than soccer obviously, but the World Cup has a ton of meaning behind each match, something that has been missing from MMA for a while. Soccer is for MMA fans who thought Machida-Shogun 1 was a great fight.

But Shogun vs Machida 1 was a great fight.

He’s 33 years old and still playing at the highest level and he scored three goals against probably the best team in the world the other night FFS!
I could've scored 5 if I wasn't busy nailing a few 10s and sniffing some top-tier Colombian nose candy the other day

Soccer is about tribalism. Us versus them.

Fighting brings people together. People don't give a shit about the colour of your skin. As long as you can throw down, people will support you.
Were you high when you posted this?

But Shogun vs Machida 1 was a great fight.
I agree, I just meant it was a more "soccer" type of fight. Maybe Cruz-Dillishaw would be a better example.

2 people start playing soccer in public, no one cares or might ask them to go somewhere else.
2 people start fighting in public, a huge crowd gathers and get excited

Put it on TV and the opposite happens.
Depends on if you're any good. If you see a guy shooting free throws in basketball you're not stopping to watch either. If they are doing between the leg dunks you might stop and watch for a little while. Same with very good freestyle footballers for example, they definitely draw a crowd.

I know the reason americans don't like football.

It is because they like to win. And football is a sport where they don't win. They have never won and probably never will and that frustrates them since they think they are the best nation for everything fuk yeah.

So they rather watch sports that only they play only they watch and nobody else cares about so they always win and don't have to see a foreigner defeating them.
You're not stupid enough to think no one cares about baseball or basketball? They are GLOBAL sports at this point. I agree about soccer. Soccer gets America's physical and athletic rejects, for the most part. Not to mention the system in America is selectively elitist and cost prohibitive to most poor kids. That alone insures a lot of potential talent is lost.

Personally, I think all forms of sportsball are boring as fuck. I've had people reply to this thinking that I'm just being edgy. I'm not - the shit actually just bores me to absolute tears.

Im no die hard soccer fan by all means. So my opinion is probably biased.... But even when i didnt know much about MMA, ot was still better.

I have been waking up at 8am to watch some World Cup Games and ive yet gotten an adrenaline rush.

MMA is constant suspense.

UFC > World Cup

UFC226 > World Cup Finals

(*might= is absolutely and will forever not be...)
You're right. Football sucks. Baseball and golf sucks even more.

• slow and boring
  • not enough goals
  • no contact / fighting / impact
  • men who look like they wear makeup
  • men who act beta and fall over nothing
<DisgustingHHH>

2 people start playing soccer in public, no one cares or might ask them to go somewhere else.
2 people start fighting in public, a huge crowd gathers and get excited

Put it on TV and the opposite happens.
<WhoJeff>

Where the hell are you from my friend?

Where i live people usually break the fight up or call the cops/security. hahahah

I have never seen people gather around in a circle and start cheering.

I mean.... in high school or below, maybe. But in the streets? Thats pretty fucking rare

I'm not really into football a whole lot but as an Englishman I have to watch the world cup otherwise I get deported, true fact. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would, I can see why people might find 90 minutes of passing a ball around boring but equally you can get MMA matches where fighters do nothing but clinch up against the cage or land a couple of strikes per round. You can say that that's entertaining if you understand the technicality behind each strike but equally any sports more entertaining if you know the theory behind it. I think part of it depends on what your friends like, watching and talking about a sport with other people is half of what makes it entertaining.

Soccer is at least more legitimate. MMA isn't a sport, it's sports entertainment, where soccer is a sport. There are no objective rankings in MMA, and the most valuable skill these days is the ability to run your mouth and get social media followers. You can quite literally get a title shot based off your trash talking abilities. I don't like soccer at all, but it does have some things over MMA, especially the UFC.

Soccer is about tribalism. Us versus them.

Fighting brings people together. People don't give a shit about the colour of your skin. As long as you can throw down, people will support you.

I disagree. Every time an american fighter fights a non american fighter all you hear is "USA! USA! USA!" every few minutes. Same will happen in Moscow when they put a bunch of Russian vs American fights on the card. Hometown fighters, despite being relatively unknown generally, have an instant crowd advantage due to no other reason than being born there.

MMA is just as tribal as soccer and every other sport. Human nature doesn't suddenly do a 180 just because the sport is different.

You called football 'soccer', so automatically your opinion means nothing ;). This world cup has been absolutely terrible so far though, so you're right about that. Usually it gets good once the first round of games are done.

Back