UFC Moscow - September 15th

I also wish that UFC could somehow sign Alexandr Shably, or maybe even re-sign Albert Tumenov... what a sad world we live in

Hopefully that also means that they will sign a few new russian fighters (especially HW's).
2 guys that have been rumored to sign with UFC and debut at this event are:

- Askar Askarov (10-0) - ACB flyweight champion

bccf3029309c230ea06523379c4d1cbc.png

beautiful body triangle neck crank against Anthony Leone
giphy.gif

- Movsar Evloev (9-0) - M-1 bantamweight champion

8505decfb88b34e2d19d43af6aeda9f2.png

head kick KO against Alexey Nevzorov to claim the title
tumblr_otmlpg8MyV1ry1rm7o1_500.gif

Not many Russian heavyweights free agent right now:

2a8473844c6f9c6a7ed9af59399c3209.png

The only top lv prospect who i could realistic see fighting at UFC Moscow would be Denis Goltsov. He was going to compete in PFL heavyweight tournament but there were visa issues and he pulled out.

Would be really nice if Pavlovich could get FNG to release him, but that's very unlikely.

Last edited:
Taisumov is also rumored to want to fight on this card, too. As per Adam Zubayraev:

If i'm not mistaken, he retired before getting busted by USADA, so maybe he wasn't going to fight anymore. I'll be very surprised if he actually competes under USADA.
If i had to bet, he asks for his release just as Frank Mir did.
i'm not sure about that. wouldn't it been easier to ask for a release right away? than wasting time proving you are actually innocent. he lost almost two years. that's alot for a 40yo. could have just gone full fuck-USADA-hello-Japan (or Russia) like some croatian guy. i think he will fight again in UFC.

Eventually, I will 100% go to this. I will take a short break from Piter and attend the event.

I dislike how close Petr Yan and Islam Makhachev are fighting to this event..... there is like 5% chance that Makhachev will fight on this card, sadly. Maybe 20% chance that Yan will fight here.. disappointing. Stupid UFC.
There is like 20-30 russian fighters in UFC by now, not all of them will be able to fight there.. you gotta think this will be Russia vs. the world, so only half of the russian roster will get a chance to fight in this event, and that's considering that they don't put fighters from Eastern Europe like Arlovski or Merab against fighters from US/Brazil.

There is like 20-30 russian fighters in UFC by now, not all of them will be able to fight there.. you gotta think this will be Russia vs. the world, so only half of the russian roster will get a chance to fight in this event, and that's considering that they don't put fighters from Eastern Europe like Arlovski or Merab against fighters from US/Brazil.
Yeah, you're right. But I don't like all of our fighters... Aliev, Akhmedov (sometimes), Arlovski (sometimes), Merab (also sometimes) are not the most exciting. But as a first visit to Russia, we would like a strong showing from our guys with the most to show: Zabit, Petr, Mairbek, Islam etc. I wouldn't be mad if Arlovski were on this card, his first language (along with 95% of all Belarusians) is Russian, he would be accepted by the hardcore fans as well as anybody who attends (assuming he is vs a foreign fighter). Merab maybe, too. There are Georgian/Russians in Moscow, so he would probably be fine.

I hope Ankalaev gets a shot here, his loss vs Paul Craig was so frustrating...

Yeah, you're right. But I don't like all of our fighters... Aliev, Akhmedov (sometimes), Arlovski (sometimes), Merab (also sometimes) are not the most exciting. But as a first visit to Russia, we would like a strong showing from our guys with the most to show: Zabit, Petr, Mairbek, Islam etc. I wouldn't be mad if Arlovski were on this card, his first language (along with 95% of all Belarusians) is Russian, he would be accepted by the hardcore fans as well as anybody who attends (assuming he is vs a foreign fighter). Merab maybe, too. There are Georgian/Russians in Moscow, so he would probably be fine.

I hope Ankalaev gets a shot here, his loss vs Paul Craig was so frustrating...
Yeah, i perfectly understand what you're saying, but i hope UFC signs 3 to 5 great fighters from the big leagues for that event, some Russian champions like Evloev and Askarov, and therefore it wouldn't be necessary to have such low lv fighters like Akhmedov and Aliev competing just to complete the card with 12-13 fights.

I'll be looking forward for Ankalaev's next fight, he lost but the most important is that he showed his potential and skills, just needs to be a bit more opportunist, he had Craig hurt many times and didn't finished him..

Personally, i would like to see Aliyar Sarkerov, Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov, Akhmed Aliev and Khusein Khaliev getting a shot there, give me 2 of them and i'll be veery excited for this event.

If Overeem gets past Blaydes i'd like to see him vs Volkov for a title shot.

This is already getting a ton of hype in Russia, a sellout is guaranteed

Well, hopefully for their sake, the Dagestani and Chechen fighters won't face travel restrictions getting to Moscow.

LOL, this should allow them their annual fight on the roster.

Going to be hard to find an opponent who will sign

They'll have to find someone. Taisumov deserves a ranked opponent, but they probably will just give him another unranked dude to crush.

What will that card look like?

Since its a fight night, i dont think khabib will be on it. Mistake?

Sherdog complains about Brazil cards with unknown names filling up the prelims and main card. I think this one might end quite similar.

Back