UFC needs to stop with the Cain Mexican bit

HallmansHammock

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
The dude is god damn American. If he's Mexican, Stipe is Croatian. I don't know why Mexican Cain has always bugged me.

The dude is god damn American. If he's Mexican, Stipe is Croatian. I don't know why Mexican Cain has always bugged me.

Because you don't like people who are passionate about their heritage?

Immigrants will (almost) always have non-trivial loyalty and connection to the motherland and heritage.

It's one of the reasons why America's immigration policy is stunningly irrational.

Stipe is very proud of his Croation heritage and his fans hold up Croatian flags all the time just like Cain's fans hold up Mexican flags.

But it only seems like one bothers you for some reason.

Stipe.jpg

They just need to stop talking about him in general. He was pretty good at beating Big foot and JDS. That's his legacy beating two dudes over and over.

I couldn't believe when they were talking about him in the hype videos.

Stipe is very proud of his Croation heritage and his fans hold up Croatian flags all the time just like Cain's fans hold up Mexican flags.

Stipe.jpg

Would.it be ok if Stipe had 'White Pride' tattooed across his chest like Cain has 'Brown Pride'?

Would.it be ok if Stipe had 'White Pride' tattooed across his chest like Cain has 'Brown Pride'?

I wouldn't give a shit. But that is possibly the dumbest false equivalency I can imagine.

If I have to explain to you why it is so stupid you have not been studying much world/American history.

...because he is not mexican, he is American.

The heritage thing is BS. He lives an american reality, and fooling the Mexican public into believing that man share their experience is phony.

That is also true for the american-established brazilian fighters. Cyborg lives and trains in the US, but paints her face with the Brazilian flag when she has fights, just to get a few eyes in Brazil tuning in and bringing her revenue.

Stipe.jpg

That gets some people in Croatia to tune in, increase ratings marginally and consume the product he sells.

He lives an american life.

That gets some people in Croatia to tune in, increase ratings marginally and consume the product he sells.

He lives an american life.

The same could be said for Cain or anyone else like Marcus Davis who heavily plays up his Irish heritage.

So it seems like this thread has been ended pretty quick.

Cain wishes he was brown and could speak fluent spanish but sadly he is not. same with Tony

Tony speak that very broken gringo spanish. Cain and Tony should rent a house and go live in mexico for 9 months and only speak spanish! that would do it for them!

Last edited:
Not gonna lie the first time I ever heard Stipe talk I was like woah what the hell. Being from the rust belt though I like him. Puts in his hours and doesn’t get caught up in all the flair.

Because you don't like people who are passionate about their heritage?
I'm good with it :) in America now you can only be passionate about your heritage if you aren't white though. White is everything that is bad in the world if you watch the media or attend college.

I loved when UFC went Mexico for Cain to fight Werdum, and on all interviews Werdum spoke Spanish and the "Mexican" fighter spoke in English...
Hard to claim he was the homeboy when he doesn't even speak the language....

It should be, sadly it would be labeled as racist. Classic double standard.

The same could be said for Cain or anyone else like Marcus Davis who heavily plays up his Irish heritage.

So it seems like this thread has been ended pretty quick.

Oh well....these threads have little hope: it will die soon. Whenever things get too heavy on heritage and polarize people, the thread is defunct.

People clinging to heritage do so for many reasons. But the pro fighters doing it, for the most part, look for an extra bunch of eyes to bring them revenue. It's really blatant with the Brazilian fighters who were actually born in another country, but many are fully american by now: live in the US, consume in the US, educate their children there. What the f*ck do they have in common with the brazilian fans who cheer for them? Exception is maybe Aldo from the bigger names.

Cain can claim to be Mexican-american, whatever: but he has no idea what life in Mexico, the daily grind, is like.

Back