PBP UFC on Fox 31: Lee vs. Iaquinta 2 - PBP Discussion - 4pm ET/1pm PT/9pm UK

"Stepping stone"

"I still see the same Al I fought 5 years ago"

<36>

its not that I don't like fights where the two are more cautious, i just didn't think this was an entertaining bout, lol

zWF3I.gif

I think at this point in their careers, Lee should be able to get that one back.

Al is a fine fighter, reasonably well rounded and a hitter. He's had a lot of time off however, and I think Lee has evolved to be one of the best in the division.

I think Lee takes the early rounds for sure, but I have a feeling AI might pull it off in the championship rounds.

Told you mate. Lee hasn't proven himself to be the beast that everyone was making him out to be.

Kevin Lee's boxing is absolutely terrible. Al was lighting him up like a christmas tree. Not sure why hes so shocked at the decision.

It's not terrible just not precise but all credit goes to Al and corner they had Lee before those body kicks "kicked In" on him...

Probably no accident that one of the commentators mentioned how it's easier to learn offense than defense.

Lee I think is a decently effective offensive striker- quick, powerful and long straight punches and high kick, but the difference in science was laughable tonight.

His punching looked terrible tonight I thought.

Lee is a career man. His strategy is to not ackno

Lee took Round 2. In Round 3, he didn't do much with his takedown, and Iaquinta outstruck him late.
Kevin Lee had 2 TDs in round 3, striking totals were fairly even. 20 for Lee, 18 for Iaquinta, 16 "significant" for Iaquinta vs 10 for Lee. Take downs have traditionally been weighted very heavily.

Also round 1 was closer than round 3 was.

Impressed with Lee? What you smoking? Can I have some?
Cali weed. You got 5? I’m not saying his striking defense looked great but I thought he showed heart. I think that goes to show Al is that good. I’m one of the few Sherdoggers that likes to give fighters credit for a good fight.

That was a good card overall..

R.I.P UFC on Fox

Told you mate. Lee hasn't proven himself to be the beast that everyone was making him out to be.

Styles make fights. He got Al's back twice, and had pretty solid RNC attempts. Most guys don't get out of that.

Lee is one of the best in the division, but he lost a close decision to Al having arguably the best performance of his entire career.

Very fun fight, happy to see Al having success. It drove me crazy when he had to sit out for so long because the UFC wanted to keep paying him peanuts, he's one of the most fun guys in the division.

It was pretty easy to tell after Lee didn't get a sub in the 2nd round, that he was shook.

Round 3, when he didn't get it AGAIN, he was done.
Kevin Lee had 2 TDs in round 3, striking totals were fairly even. 20 for Lee, 18 for Iaquinta, 16 "significant" for Iaquinta vs 10 for Lee. Take downs have traditionally been weighted very heavily.

Also round 1 was closer than round 3 was.

Striking totals don't really tell you that Lee got rocked, and was being hunted for half the round.

Is there going to be a press conference for this event?

Styles make fights. He got Al's back twice, and had pretty solid RNC attempts. Most guys don't get out of that.

Lee is one of the best in the division, but he lost a close decision to Al having arguably the best performance of his entire career.

Very fun fight, happy to see Al having success. It drove me crazy when he had to sit out for so long because the UFC wanted to keep paying him peanuts, he's one of the most fun guys in the division.

AI has gotten out of Lee's chokes three times now. I'm still not seeing Lee as one of the best grapplers like everyone else is. If he is, he still hasn't proven it to me. Hopefully he'll come back stronger than ever.

We know that. But he talked a lot of shit pre-fight about how 'easy' al laquinta is. Claimed he could beat khabib and Conor. So when we critique him we have to do it harshly.

Back