UFC reaches deal with Disney/ESPN

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

UFC®, the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization, and The Walt Disney Company’s new Direct-To-Consumer & International segment along with ESPN, have reached an immersive, multi-year media rights agreement for exclusive live UFC content on ESPN+, as well as across a variety of ESPN’s television, social and digital platforms, in English and Spanish, taking effect in January 2019.

This first-ever rights and distribution agreement between the two companies provides for 15 live UFC events to stream exclusively on ESPN+ -- the recently-launched multi-sport, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service from The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International group, in partnership with ESPN. Each event will be branded “UFC on ESPN+ Fight Night” and will deliver a full card of 12 UFC bouts.

Nice, great for The UFC. Idk why people are saying the UFC is dying.

so now I have to pay for ESPN + along with UFC Fight Pass?

So ESPN is getting 15 fight night style events? I'd guess there will be another deal then.

I've got the $25 Sling TV package with FS1 now.

Espn is on a decline this isn't necessarily UFCs best option

Wait so they are moving from cable to a sub based ESPN channel. They can’t even get ESPN2 coverage?

disney-gif.gif

Finally Mighty Mouse gets what he needs. Children publicity

So it won’t even be on television? Yikes.

So ESPN is getting 15 fight night style events? I'd guess there will be another deal then.

I've got the $25 Sling TV package with FS1 now.

Sling is def. the way to go. Verizon can fuck off.

It sounds like some of the Top Rank fights will be on ESPN + starting with Manny’s next fight.

Calling it now, Sage and Paige as the new disney prince/princess.

So the rumours were true? Ufc still on fox/fs1 too?

Back