UFC reaches deal with Disney/ESPN

Fightpass and ESPN+ will both combined cost you $10/month in 2019, same as Fightpass costs you now.

If they are combined that's cool - I was under the impression they would be separate.

According to sherdog....UFC, Disney and ESPN are all dieing.

Also...Walmart, Apple and the NFL are on their death beds too.

Only to some on Sherdog
A lot here knew the actual reality of how silly that was.

ESPN is a dying channel facing layoffs and losing serious cash. Not to mention pissing off their owner Disney in the process. ESPN is grasping at straws at this point, ESPN will help the UFC, as well as Reebok, did. Think about that one lol.

Tyquil Woodley will fit in at ESPN since everything is about identity politics over there too.
They are still turning profits in years where TV viewership is down across the board.

Does that mean that the usual secret contracts and back room bonuses will have to see the light of day?
No. Public fillings do not dictate how much contractors are paid. Only the required ones like the balance sheets etc which are just numbers for the whole company.

Jeremy Botter has reported that people who subscribe to ESPN+ will be offered Fightpass at $5/month.

Good stuff
I just saw

According to Jeremy Botter
If you are stateside you will get all the UFC content (you used to get from FP) for $5 from ESPN+
If you want other orgs, you will be able to get FP for $5

So it is either the same or cheaper

Overseas will be different depending on the deal(s) there

It is insanely great money

Fight Pass brought in about $40-45m a year worldwide

I don’t agree.

Your sports broadcast rights/content fees don’t get to “insanely great” money until we get to the Bs man....the UFC isn’t quite there yet.

When it gets closer to the Bs..that’s also when the fighters association will be born

According to sherdog....UFC, Disney and ESPN are all dieing.

Also...Walmart, Apple and the NFL are on their death beds too.
Out of all those, ESPN is probably the most likely to really be dying.

Buy ESPN + fight pass + ppvs

Or

Buy a VPN

Or

Just don't watch.

People don't want to watch illegally (Netflix as proof) but they do when it's the easiest option.

Here’s a breakdown of what ESPN is getting from the UFC:

• 15 live 12-bout “UFC on ESPN+ Fight Night” cards
  • Exclusive, all new-seasons of Dana White’s Contender Series
  • Exclusive pre- and post-event shows for all 15 live events
  • Access to UFC’s full archive of programming, including its library of past bouts
  • A new original, all-access series produced by the UFC
  • Additional UFC-branded content, including “UFC Countdown” shows, press conferences, weigh-ins, and pre-and post-shows
source MMAJUNKIE.com
Not hot dog brand?

Only to some on Sherdog
A lot here knew the actual reality of how silly that was.

Hey Frankie... is the UFC/Fox deal done? Because I just read Fox just signed a deal with the WWE for like a Billion dollars.....

Hey Frankie... is the UFC/Fox deal done? Because I just read Fox just signed a deal with the WWE for like a Billion dollars.....

Hey man
Discussed HERE

I won't say it is done but a week or so ago they were close & UFC got other bidders and then the ridiculous ESPN deal

The WWE deal is for $200m per for 104hrs of primetime content
A really cheap deal for Fox & an upgrade for WWE

Something else to look for in 2019

UFC going public
If WME takes a page out of WWE's book & puts 25-40% of the company public, they will make severe bank & the loans will even be a lesser issue

Here is a way to see the earning potential:
WWE is valued at about $3m according to last weeks stock prices
WWE made 1/9 the profit that UFC did in 2017

ewww, publicly traded UFC

Today news broke that they filed
Check out @Phisher & his thread

Back