UFC Releases 11 Fighters

Wait when did Bj retire?
Also is he still with the ufc if he fights again?

Je sais pas si c'est rendu public -_-'

Échouer test médicale.
Scan au cerveau.
Genre de caillots.
Il a le feu vert des médecins ici entk.
Le UFC prend pas de chance.
Il a signé pour le tko, au centre Vidéotron en mai.

Fawk. Ca sonne risqué de s'battre encore pareil.

Well he could have, but unlike Chuck, Randy and a lot of other legends that eventually accepted their time was up, he kept choosing to go out on his shield when career gatekeepers were taking him out.
Chuck didn’t accept anything. He got knocked dead 3x in a row and forced into a retirement and now there’s talks of a comeback in bellator

Don't know all of them but will brooks and curran are on a rough streak. Maybe they go to another promotion and work their way up. And Pyle retired if I'm not mistaken....

But curran is pretty sexy and I demand she stays.
Curran should've been released to work on her game a long time ago. It's less a rough streak with her and more that she just isn't there yet. She could've benefited from a move to Invicta 2 or 3 fights ago but now she has an abysmal record and seems to have digressed in the cage if anything. I hope she can work her way back to the UFC but I felt like keep her there as long as they did ended up doing her a disservice. Seems like they kept her for the exact reason you indicated at the end: because of her looks.

I dunno what it is with Brooks; he didn't look great in his debut and won a fight that was closer and more competitive than people thought it should've been, but then other than the do Bronx fight that ended pretty quickly, he looked pretty sharp up until he just didn't and got finished. Along with Held he's one of the unluckiest UFC imports that were perceived to have high upsides in recent memory. Definitely seems like a rough patch given how solid he was prior, but I gotta wonder what the deal was with his run.

z1BWi5E.jpg

<mma4>

most of these cuts are old news. Ill Will announced his release forever ago. of these, I’m most surprised by Galore Bofando’s release. LHW is such a malnourished division rn. can’t even keep a fun action fighter w/ a funky style? dafuq?

Why did they release that Heavyweight?

He has a 24-5 record but hasn't fought since 2016. Maybe he kept getting hurt so they cut him?

Not gonna lie I am super happy to see Penn retired, that is 100% the right thing to do. It would have been awful to see him keep fighting and just be a punching bag for all the younger fighters. It became sad to see.

BJ will fight Hulk Hogan in Bellator now.......

Chuck didn’t accept anything. He got knocked dead 3x in a row and forced into a retirement and now there’s talks of a comeback in bellator
True, I believe the difference though is that Chuck even with the ko's was out relatively quickly, three years of getting his bell rung and he was forced to sit. We've had to watch Penn go through this for nearly 8 years now because he doesn't want to accept it, and he's only been stopped twice which probably convinces him and his people that he's still got more fight in him.

I loved Ben ever since he kneed that guys head into become 2 heads on that Fight for the Troops card. But damn, he looked bad against Jouban. Like, just waiting to get knocked out bad. I say give him another shot, but if he gets brutalized again, time to hang 'em up.
ESL?

id have liked bofand to be given a chance ? hes only 1-1 ... jeez

Why Bofando?
id have liked bofand to be given a chance ? hes only 1-1 ... jeez
His statement on the release was kinda cryptic and implied that he wasn't just released for his last performance. He was pretty insistent that it was a private matter and wanted it to stay that way, so some shit probably went down that called for him to be released, like maybe a code of conduct violation (pure speculation on my part, of course).

Why did they release that Heavyweight?

He has a 24-5 record but hasn't fought since 2016. Maybe he kept getting hurt so they cut him?
He's had 3 fights fall through in less than a year, so it could have something to do with it, but it still seems premature since he had yet to debut and is pretty well-regarded in a division that needs fresh talent. Alternatively, his release hasn't been officially announced, so it likely just made this list of releases because his profile was removed from UFC.com, which has happened several times over the years to fighters who are in fact still on roster. So he may not be cut at all; they just put him on the cut list because he doesn't currently have a profile on the website anymore.

They should bring BJ back just to coach another season of TUF.

full

Really hope to see Brooks & Curran getting their shit back together in another organization. Glad to see BJ hanging them up.

No Ben Saunders?
Ben's got more gas in the tank imo. And guys who bring it get more leeway.

I can't(and hope not) see them releasing him after that fight against Jouban. Contest was off the hook.

Back