UFC Signs Former WSOF HW Champ Blagoy Ivanov

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/...ormer-wsof-heavyweight-champion-blagoy-ivanov

The UFC has added a potential contender to the heavyweight roster.

Former World Series of Fighting (now Professional Fighters League) champion Blagoy Ivanov has signed with the UFC, sources confirmed with MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani. He is expected to debut this summer after amicably parting ways with the PFL.

Ivanov (16-1, 1 NC) is currently on a five-fight winning streak, having captured a title at WSOF 21 back in May 2015 with a submission of Smealinho Rama and going on to successfully defend it four consecutive times (once under the PFL banner). Prior to that, Ivanov’s only loss was to current UFC heavyweight contender Alexander Volkov in the finals of a Bellator tournament.

The 31-year-old hails from Bulgaria and holds wins over UFC vets Shawn Jordan, Lavar Johnson, and Ricco Rodriguez.

Awesome. Been waiting a while for this one. Finally another Bulgarian in the UFC.

At 5'7 he will be mocked by His Excellency Conor Mc G for being midget and manlet.

Good deal... This guy could be a top 10 heavyweight soon. UFC trying to and depth to a weak division.

Bout fucking time.

Now Minakov and Pavlovich please.

And Aliakbari, Kharitonov and Aleks Emelianenko too pls.

This guy is as tuff as they come. Look up the stabbing he took in his hometown, just look at what he looked like when he left the hospital. To overcome that was crazy, but to continue to comeback and fight is incredible. To make it to the UFC is unreal. This guy has gone through much in his life and I am so happy for him. He is a grinding euro wrestling heavy game, with some power but not the most fluent striker. Just happy to see him sign and make some money while competing.

Picking up Ivanov, TUF doing Heavyweights... did the UFC finally pull it's head out of it's ass??? JDS coming back in a bonus just by itself, but these are good moves.

Good signing. Wish they could get Minakov.

Good now gets more they have a few good names they can add.

Picking up Ivanov, TUF doing Heavyweights... did the UFC finally pull it's head out of it's ass??? JDS coming back in a bonus just by itself, but these are good moves.
I mean it took them like 18 seasons to do heavyweights again it's kinda crazy how shallow the division is.

Great signing. He's the first and I think only guy to beat Fedor in a sambo match. I wonder why he didn't stay for the PFL million dollar tournament, he would've easily won it. There's something fishy about that tournament.

Back