UFC Signs Former WSOF HW Champ Blagoy Ivanov

Great signing. He's the first and I think only guy to beat Fedor in a sambo match. I wonder why he didn't stay for the PFL million dollar tournament, he would've easily won it. There's something fishy about that tournament.
I've been saying this since I heard about it. I am waiting to see disclosed pay for the events before I condemn them, but I believe they are dangling that 1 million prize fund as the carrot and will be paying almost nothing for the fights themselves. I just can't see the old WSOF crew doing this for any other reason than making a killing from desperate fighters. Shady AF and I smell a rat like you do.

He might be 100% innocent of any crimes but he was convicted for a serious one and lost his appeal.
akiPX6x.gif

Awesome news. He will be a great addition to the heavyweight division.

The UFC should concentrate more on the HWs from the eastern european countries...
There is a lot of good and big guys over there...yes their names are a little bit hard to read and pronounce...but a good promoter should know how to market these guys...sadly UFC/WME ain't really good at it

They should've signed him earlier...but still great they did...he should do pretty good and isn't boring at all...

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/...ormer-wsof-heavyweight-champion-blagoy-ivanov

The UFC has added a potential contender to the heavyweight roster.

Former World Series of Fighting (now Professional Fighters League) champion Blagoy Ivanov has signed with the UFC, sources confirmed with MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani. He is expected to debut this summer after amicably parting ways with the PFL.

Ivanov (16-1, 1 NC) is currently on a five-fight winning streak, having captured a title at WSOF 21 back in May 2015 with a submission of Smealinho Rama and going on to successfully defend it four consecutive times (once under the PFL banner). Prior to that, Ivanov’s only loss was to current UFC heavyweight contender Alexander Volkov in the finals of a Bellator tournament.

The 31-year-old hails from Bulgaria and holds wins over UFC vets Shawn Jordan, Lavar Johnson, and Ricco Rodriguez.

Bought damn time. Former Bellator and WSOF champ, definitely a welcome addition to the heavyweight roster.

I've only ever seen his fight with Volkov.

How good does Sherdog think he is?

Blagoy Ivanov should be close to a title shot after a couple of wins.

Fantastic sign, should be a top 5 inside 1 year.
Great signing. He's the first and I think only guy to beat Fedor in a sambo match. I wonder why he didn't stay for the PFL million dollar tournament, he would've easily won it. There's something fishy about that tournament.
He just had surgery, he won't be fine to fight by when the tournament starts and he will have to go light for a few months, i assume.
There's nothing to refute, big guy.

The UFC HW division is fucking awful and those guys would make it better. Disagree with that and you'll just look like a fool - so I fully expect you'll come back with some retarded retort in about 30 seconds.
I'm a big fan of the HW division, it's my favorite in the sport by far. That said, you're just uneducated if you think dinosaur Kharitonov would make HW any better, he looked LIKE SHIT in his last fights and he's with Bellator, btw. Not only that, but if you support the idea of having Aleks in UFC you're a fucking moron, he's a rapist, not a woman beater, something very different. And obviously he's on steroids, no doubt about it.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/...ormer-wsof-heavyweight-champion-blagoy-ivanov

The UFC has added a potential contender to the heavyweight roster.

Former World Series of Fighting (now Professional Fighters League) champion Blagoy Ivanov has signed with the UFC, sources confirmed with MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani. He is expected to debut this summer after amicably parting ways with the PFL.

Ivanov (16-1, 1 NC) is currently on a five-fight winning streak, having captured a title at WSOF 21 back in May 2015 with a submission of Smealinho Rama and going on to successfully defend it four consecutive times (once under the PFL banner). Prior to that, Ivanov’s only loss was to current UFC heavyweight contender Alexander Volkov in the finals of a Bellator tournament.

The 31-year-old hails from Bulgaria and holds wins over UFC vets Shawn Jordan, Lavar Johnson, and Ricco Rodriguez.

F;ck Yeah! I’m pumped

solid signing! would be cool to get ahold of minakov and kharitonov too. but I'm not holding my breath

he arguably beat the last true fedor also.that happened in between the sylvia and arlovski wins. It's pretty clear that fedor went from tactical killing machine to huge puncher in between those two
Because his grappling was declining. He didnt become headhunter cos he felt like it. Thats why he lost to blagoi

I'm a big fan of the HW division, it's my favorite in the sport by far. That said, you're just uneducated if you think dinosaur Kharitonov would make HW any better, he looked LIKE SHIT in his last fights and he's with Bellator, btw. Not only that, but if you support the idea of having Aleks in UFC you're a fucking moron, he's a rapist, not a woman beater, something very different. And obviously he's on steroids, no doubt about it.

.... and you're an idiot if you think he'll make it any worse.

Justin Willis and Junior Albini are ranked HW's in the UFC. Did you not see Willis fight last weekend? On the main card, on less.

I don't really care what Aleks did. He did his time. I have no problem with ex-criminals having to fight in a cage to make a living. Apparently neither does the UFC because they've hired several of them. On steroids? Probably. So was 95% of the UFC roster before USADA. Are they all still on steroids?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back