UFC Signs Huge New PPV Deal

So an extra $50 million from PpV events that have not yet been booked or have actually taken place and earned revenue yet? Fascinating...
I wonder why everyone else is leaving if it’s still so “lucrative”?
Sure, I’ll sell you something I was planning on throwing away...
By the way, name these PPV companies, I guarantee the vast majority most have never heard of?
You dont know the name of your cable company?
Thats about all I got from this incoherent rambling

PPV companies conned the UFC.

PPV is dying, how much longer? another year or so?

And yet the UFC has signed up to what i can presume is a multi year deal. We are stuck with dead model for years now.

I think they leveraged that they planned on starting their own subscription model and the only way they would stay on ppv was a higher split

UFC basically costs 150$+ a month especially if you're paying for cable to watch it like myself. 80$ cable bill, 60$ ppv once a month and FP just to make sure you can see all the fights. They sure treat us fans good :):rolleyes:

Seriously, this is one sport I swear that drives people to watch for free over any other, not like NFL charge you for the superbowl or the NHL for the Stanley Cup playoffs. Overall it becomes a much easier experience to stream because you can watch every single fight all in one spot.. for free.
Very true man, agreed. The cost is extreme and not worth it. I honestly don't mind paying for a PPV if I feel its worth it, if the card is really good and I am interested in many of the fights then I don't mind paying for it, But sadly most of the PPV's are so watered down and not worth it in my opinion.

Fightpass has become a joke, because when it was launched, they said the main reason to get fightpass is UFC will be doing many EXCLUSIVE events on fightpass, but where are these exclusive events? the only one I can think of was Bisping vs Silva card. they are bunch of liars.

Very true man, agreed. The cost is extreme and not worth it. I honestly don't mind paying for a PPV if I feel its worth it, if the card is really good and I am interested in many of the fights then I don't mind paying for it, But sadly most of the PPV's are so watered down and not worth it in my opinion.

Fightpass has become a joke, because when it was launched, they said the main reason to get fightpass is UFC will be doing many EXCLUSIVE events on fightpass, but where are these exclusive events? the only one I can think of was Bisping vs Silva card. they are bunch of liars.

so far this year i believe we've had:
hunt vs oleinik in moscow
cowboy vs edwards in singapore
werdum vs volkov in london
im guessing that blaydes vs ngannou 2 will be on fightpass too since it is in beijing - basically events ufc doesnt want to put on for the USA timezone

HUGE DEAL SO BIG
its-so-fucking-big-18560503.png
Good old Tori

It's still a revenue stream. There are people that can't figure out casting or don't have the necessary technology to pull it off. PPV through your cable provider is the least likely to fail.

Listening to Dave Meltzers podcast from this morning and he said UFC just got a new deal with the PPV companies
The standard deal is a 50-50 split between the promotion and the cable company but the UFC now gets a 70-30 split which means about an extra 50 million bucks a year for the UFC
They were able to get the deal because they are the only ones still selling major PPV numbers now that the WWE is out of the PPV business for good
hopefully this increase in revenue gets passed on to the fighters.

but without a union, im pretty sure that extra 20% is going right to the owners. smh

God damn it... Maybe if the PPV's were still 39.99 like they used to be years back. 64.99 is ridiculous, add more fights to the main card damn it!

They can raise the price all they want. As long as WMMA is around, I won't be giving them a dime.

A 50 million dollar raise isnt "major" money to you?
Must be nice

I get his point. WME just paid $4 billion for the ufc and aquired like $2.3 billion in debt from the previous owners, an extra $50 million helps but I don't see how they are going to break even in the time period they thought. I think they said 2-3 years.

I get his point. WME just paid $4 billion for the ufc and aquired like $2.3 billion in debt from the previous owners, an extra $50 million helps but I don't see how they are going to break even in the time period they thought. I think they said 2-3 years.
On a 4 billion dollar debt sheet 50 mil isn't a whole lot.

That isn't how business works

UFC is worth a lot more now than at time of sale & every year since had bigger profit than Fertitta era ever had
They make the loan payment & more each year & the company keeps going up in value.

WWE made less than $50m profit during the 2017 year (as an ex)

2019 is the year
World ducking domination

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back