UFC Signs Huge New PPV Deal

Damn. I usually buy every card but have since skipped a couple just because I couldn't afford it.

I bought almost every single card from UFC 30 up to WMMA.

No shame in not being able to afford it. I can afford it (I'm also old) but it is the principle of the matter. The money hungry leaches just got too greedy in my opinion and are pumping out trash. The don't even try to put on great PPV's. (It has been slightly better lately). They used to throw lots of top guys on each card. Now the roster is so big that there are too many fighters in too many weight classes and that results in watered down cards.

@davidlemonparty

Meltzer's newsletter (just came out)
The Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov fight, in doing an estimated 480,000 buys on iPPV (keep in mind that’s a worldwide number and not just North America) on a show that was available for the same price on regular PPV, and part of local market packages in most other countries aside from Canada and Australia, showed UFC had leverage to just bypass the PPV companies. They would take a hit at first, but once people get used to the change, it would probably even out, and with its various partners on iPPV taking closer to 30 percent, in pulling out, they would get a higher percentage.

PPV is such a shit model for anything outside of the rare big fight. I will continue to stream and get HD quality on my big screen for free.

I never understood why the PPV company got half the revenue in the first place? Who are they and why do they get to just sit back and take half the money when it's the UFC and the fighters putting in the work. Why do they even need to go through these "ppv companies" why can they not just put it all on themselves?

crazy that 60$ ppv is still a thing in 2018

I never understood why the PPV company got half the revenue in the first place? Who are they and why do they get to just sit back and take half the money when it's the UFC and the fighters putting in the work. Why do they even need to go through these "ppv companies" why can they not just put it all on themselves?
Because they dont own a television channel

Why don't you create competition for them then and offer PPV splits under 50/50?

Can I please just pay like $300 per year and have access to all fucking UFC content? How hard is this?
Exactly, can I pay tree fiddya year for all the combat sports content? Just put them all in one tv channel, boxing, mma, all the combat sports.

Are they still gonna do 12/13 PPV's per year? its way too much, they need to cut it down to about 6 max. UFC doesn't have the stars to do so many PPV's, and its too expensive, $60 is way too expensive, if they were only doing a few then its not a lot of money, BUT when they are doing about 13 PPV's a year its a lot of money, it really adds up over time.
dont buy them, you can watch in 720p live, without buying it, its a no brainer

They only got it 'cause every other sport is/has moving/moved away from ppv as an outraged, frankly overpriced concept.

I debated with MMA (ufc) fans years ago.

I told them MMA is a business like boxing to pay greedy promoters (owners).

The UFC hold far too many ppv events each year. They under pay the majority of their fighters as we all already know.

UFC isn't dying, it's just turned into boxing. One or two huge events that make money and then the rest.

WTF would debate that UFC is not about money?

Trust me plenty of guys were saying UFC is about the fans. Boxing about the money.

Money first, fans next.

I will say that MMA is not near as crooked as boxing yet. That will only happen when UFC has major competitiors.

Trust me plenty of guys were saying UFC is about the fans. Boxing about the money.

Money first, fans next.

I will say that MMA is not near as crooked as boxing yet. That will only happen when UFC has major competitiors.

Agree with the latter, but the former surprises me, but I trust ya

Fertitta's, Dana, Vince, Boxing Promoters, WME & investors = ALL ABOUT MONEY

This thread just shows how old and out of touch with modern technology Sherdog is, much like most of the UFC's fanbase.

{<doc}

Can I please just pay like $300 per year and have access to all fucking UFC content? How hard is this?
Exactly

This system with content spread out all over different channels is a mess.

Just sell me an annual pass. I'll fucking buy it

Back