UFC Structure Of Fighter Pay Is Corrupt

Conor haters are so retarded that they're now complaining that he isn't defending against heavyweights. Rethink your life OP.

You are so off, its silly
Add "dishonest" to words you do not understanding the meaning of

dis·hon·est:
  1. behaving or prone to behave in an untrustworthy or fraudulent way.
  2. intended to mislead or cheat
UFC has been very upfront that those that bring in the most, get the most

if anything it would be closer to "corrupt" not to pay the people that bring in the most money accordingly.

Why not just bring in as many people like CM Punk they can possibly find if that's an honest, non-fraudulent way of running a promotion that prides itself and markets itself as the home of the best fighters in the world. Pay them the most since they would draw the most viewers. Or would that be "misleading or cheating" the fighters who trained their whole lives to make it into the UFC on the basis that fighters would be rewarded on merit, on success in the ring rather than embarrassing themselves just for the sake of selling as many PPV buys as possible? Perhaps they could form a new title denoting "the champion of losing in the most entertaining ways."

Why not just bring in as many people like CM Punk they can possibly find if that's an honest, non-fraudulent way of running a promotion that prides itself and markets itself as the home of the best fighters in the world. Pay them the most since they would draw the most viewers. Or would that be "misleading or cheating" the fighters who trained their whole lives to make it into the UFC on the basis that fighters would be rewarded on merit, on success in the ring rather than embarrassing themselves just for the sake of selling as many PPV buys as possible? Perhaps they could form a new title denoting "the champion of losing in the most entertaining ways."

You obviously don't understand what "prize fighting" is & has been for decades
Same way you do not understand a lot of definitions.

You can feel any way you want about UFC & how it should be run, but none of it is your business (pun) & your money to be made/lost.

Any fighter with a brain cell understand when they got into MMA (not just UFC) that they are going into a BUSINESS that rewards those that earn the company more than those that earn the company less.
It is altruistic to think it is not about money, but plain foolish.

You are a decent guy but your initial premise of "why pay a guy to be a champ in his weight class, if he cannot beat heavier guys" shows you really do not have an understanding of MMA

You realize that is not up to UFC, right?

It's not up to the UFC if they want to pay their Heavyweight Champion the most money of any of their other so called champions? They're the only champions who aren't protected from having to fight the most dangerous fighters on the roster so since they don't hide behind weight classes so they can get a championship belt for being "good for their size" they deserve the most. The UFC was created to find out who the best fighter in the world is or as Joe Rogan likes to say: "The baddest man on the planet." I find it courageous, even inspiring that Royce Gracie not only entered those open weight tournaments despite being the size of today's welterweights (at best) but that he won as many times as he did. Practically everyone started copying at least some of his techniques after he dominated the first couple UFC PPVs. He gave up 80 pounds to Dan Severn, fought him anyway and won.

It's not up to the UFC if they want to pay their Heavyweight Champion the most money of any of their other so called champions? They're the only champions who aren't protected from having to fight the most dangerous fighters on the roster so since they don't hide behind weight classes so they can get a championship belt for being "good for their size" they deserve the most. The UFC was created to find out who the best fighter in the world is or as Joe Rogan likes to say: "The baddest man on the planet." I find it courageous, even inspiring that Royce Gracie not only entered those open weight tournaments despite being the size of today's welterweights (at best) but that he won as many times as he did. Practically everyone started copying at least some of his techniques after he dominated the first couple UFC PPVs. He gave up 80 pounds to Dan Severn, fought him anyway and won.

You truly have very little comprehension if that is your reply.

Have a great day

You obviously don't understand what "prize fighting" is & has been for decades
Same way you do not understand a lot of definitions.

You can feel any way you want about UFC & how it should be run, but none of it is your business (pun) & your money to be made/lost.

Any fighter with a brain cell understand when they got into MMA (not just UFC) that they are going into a BUSINESS that rewards those that earn the company more than those that earn the company less.
It is altruistic to think it is not about money, but plain foolish.

You are a decent guy but your initial premise of "why pay a guy to be a champ in his weight class, if he cannot beat heavier guys" shows you really do not have an understanding of MMA

Of course it's about money. None of them would be fighting if there wasn't money to be made. I've explained in a way that should have been almost impossible to fail to comprehend that a man who isn't merely "good considering his small stature" but is quite simply the best fighter on the roster deserves to be paid better than a man who is able to be called "champion" only because The UFC created "championship belts" for men who weren't simply the best, but instead were rewarded for being good fighters when you take into consideration their relatively small size and were protected from having to fight anyone bigger than them.

Either your reading comprehension could use serious improvement, or you just didn't seem to have an ethical or moral problem with dishonestly twisting what I posted until you came up with the following statement which the quotes you included denoted that the following were my exact words: "why pay a guy to be a champ in his weight class, if he cannot beat heavier guys"

Of course it's about money. None of them would be fighting if there wasn't money to be made. I've explained in a way that should have been almost impossible to fail to comprehend that a man who isn't merely "good considering his small stature" but is quite simply the best fighter on the roster deserves to be paid better than a man who is able to be called "champion" only because The UFC created "championship belts" for men who weren't simply the best, but instead were rewarded for being good fighters when you take into consideration their relatively small size and were protected from having to fight anyone bigger than them.

Either your reading comprehension could use serious improvement, or you just didn't seem to have an ethical or moral problem with dishonestly twisting what I posted until you came up with the following statement which the quotes you included denoted that the following were my exact words: "why pay a guy to be a champ in his weight class, if he cannot beat heavier guys"

That proves you are not bright & the bold is hysterical
You don't know much about MMA to think that UFC created championships for weight classes.

Take care & feel free to get the last word in
I'll be it is inaccurate

You don't have to fight in the UFC. But the reality is that UFC fighters are afraid to go out and do their own thing. Don't sign exclusive deals, there's no reason why anyone should sign exclusive deals. If I was Jon Jones, I would ditch the UFC, create my own promotion and co promote shows with Bellator,Rizin,PFL,One. He has the POWER to command that. Same with the Diaz Brothers,GSP,Mcgregor. All I hear is excuses.

How can a guy like Conor McGregor fairly make more money defending a belt that limits him to having to fight anyone over 155 pounds, than the real UFC Champions, guys like Coleman, Severn, and Kerr had to be ready to defend against anyone of any size? Being the best of the best should pay more than "being good for a little guy who is protected from fighting bigger guys." The real UFC Champions weren't protected from any challengers of any size. Yet they only got paid a tiny fraction of what McGregor gets paid.

The highest paid champion should be the champion who is willing to fight any challenger on the entire UFC roster. That makes that champion the best of the best. That's far more impressive than only defending a "championship" against people who all weigh between 145 and 155 pounds.

Yeah!!! And while we are at it lets talk about the outrageous corruption in the NBA. Almost Half the fucking starting centers in the league make 10 million a year, and some of them make 15-20M. Yet Kareem abdul Jabbar, the best center of all time made maybe 1.5M his best year. and Wilt fucking Chamberlain only made 250K a year. It's an outrage!!!!!!

That proves you are not bright & the bold is hysterical
You don't know much about MMA to think that UFC created championships for weight classes.

Take care & feel free to get the last word in
I'll be it is inaccurate

Less than an hour ago, you replied to me with the following: "You are a decent guy but your initial premise of "why pay a guy to be a champ in his weight class, if he cannot beat heavier guys" shows you really do not have an understanding of MMA"

You either wouldn't or couldn't correctly quote anything from my initial premise. In case it was an honest mistake I pointed out your misquote, yet when you replied you neglected to acknowledge it. Perhaps you are as devoid of ethics as one would have to be to deliberately twist my words and then put quotations around them in an effort to try to make people believe I actually wrote that drivel that cam from your mind and not mine. Then again, possibly that was what you genuinely thought you were reading when you read my posts in this thread. If that's the case, your level of intelligence is even lower than you claim you found mine to be in the post which you claimed was proof that I'm "not very bright." Even a man who isn't very bright is still capable of having the manners to apologize for misquoting someone when he sees that is what he has done.

Unfortunately for you, manners are another area where you once again come up short. I don't know if you were raised by people so low in class that they just didn't know what basic manners are or what purpose manners serve, or if you were raised by people who were classy, well mannered people but you ignored all their attempts to instill you with some class during the years in which they raised you. Congratulations in finding Sherdog. It's one place where it just won't matter whether your problem is how you were raised or just how you turned out.

Another dimwit revives the tiresome fighter pay topic.

Son, you need to worry about your own finances. You don't know anything about the UFC's business. Smoking some ditch weed and going, "durrrrrr...Conor makes too much money and my favorite doesn't get as much. Durrrrrrr. I'll go on Sherdog and share my findings!" makes you look like a knucklehead. Just enjoy the fights already and don't worry what other people get paid. It ain't none of yo bidnizz!!

Where’s your proof the Diaz brothers are worth anything ? Nate was famously not a needle mover, he only drew big numbers fighting Conor. Nick Diaz was from fighting gsp.Nate Diaz was on practically nothing but free cards prior to fighting Conor so that itself shows his worth.

They are just two lucky idiots with overinflated egos that almost match their even more overinflated skills.
If we went by actually fighting success( which I think a lot of people say they want) then nick should be paid peanuts since he hasn’t won a fight in the ufc since bj Penn in 2011 which by the way is is sole if win. The guy is 1-3 in under the ufc banner. Any other fighter would be cut.
Erm no dana said he wasnt a needle mover which was wrong
The diaz brothers? Name a dull diaz fight? Shit every other word from their mouths gets reposted on every mma forum for days and that was all wayy before conor
If we go by fighting skills few have had an easy time with either..if we go by interest generated ,gate and ppv etc they seem to be some of the most popular fighters in mma

I don't think they can create more stars like Conor, Rousey. I'm mean why popular fighter should stick to promotion and be played by UFC? I think it's only matter of time, when mma will be like boxing.

Erm no dana said he wasnt a needle mover which was wrong
The diaz brothers? Name a dull diaz fight? Shit every other word from their mouths gets reposted on every mma forum for days and that was all wayy before conor
If we go by fighting skills few have had an easy time with either..if we go by interest generated ,gate and ppv etc they seem to be some of the most popular fighters in mma
That’s all very well and good but the popularity doesn’t translate to what’s important which is ppv buys. Nate never headlined a ppv before conor. Most of his fights were free fox cards and shit.
What numbers did Nick Diaz personally do without gsp?

Allow me:
Diaz vs Penn 280,000 buys
Diaz vs condit 400,000 buys
Diaz vs gsp 950,000 buys
Diaz vs silva 650,000 buys

As you can see aside from the proven draw of gsp nick did pretty low numbers in a time the average buy rate was decent.
Even against Anderson Silva those numbers were not fantastic

Last edited:
They pay the most money to a guy who would get destroyed by dozens of guys on The UFC roster. He's not the best fighter.

Yeah, I understand your argument. But it is not an argument that attempts to show the UFC is corrupt. It attempts to show that the UFC is unfair.

Is UFC pay unfair? I can think of several ways I think it is, but you mention none of them. Instead you are insisting that the best fighter must be paid the most money, which doesn't make much business sense at all. Whatever else you think of Conor McGregor, it would be absurd for the UFC to pay him less than they pay other fighters you consider better than he is. It isn't evident that the UFC can even pay him enough to get him to agree to fight for them as it is.

They pay the most money to a guy who would get destroyed by dozens of guys on The UFC roster. He's not the best fighter. He's successful as long as The UFC protects him from fighting bigger, better fighters. They protect him because they aren't promoting sport; they're promoting who has the loudest mouth and the most outrageous personality, neither of which have anything to do with athleticism. They're paying based on personality - not fighting ability and for a promotion that prides itself on being the leader of mixed martial arts - that's corrupt. They pay the most for attributes which have nothing to do with MMA ability.

I would say the problem then is us, the customers who buy more PPVs for stars that are marketable than stars who are #1 in fighting ability. The UFC pays fighters according to the revenue they bring in. Doing otherwise opens the door for an unprofitable business model.

We are the dummies that are rewarding the loud fighters by buying their PPVs and watching their televised cards.

I don't really know why you expect the UFC to step in and intervene with a forced pay correction that doesn't link revenues to expenses, if we the consumers aren't even doing it.

T.S is either an old man or a WWE fan lol..weight classes are there to protect people and your talking about people who where champs before the unified rules of MMA were formed..back when this was a spectical not a sport.. do some research before creating threads
<mma4><Goldie11>

Super HLUK belt is the only legitimate gold.

You're basically saying that the heavier fighters should get paid more. Your examples in the OP were even all HW's. So what you're saying is that a HW who generates a 100k PPV buy should in your opinion be paid much better than a LW who brings in 1.5 mill PPV's.

Of the top 5 best selling PPV's in UFC history... McGregor has 4 of them.
https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

You would have a better argument for trying to say Mouse has a better claim to more money than McGregor than to say that just the Heavier fighters should get top pay. Mouse is P4P number one. Cleaned out his division. Yet he makes far less money. However, it's the same as the example above... he's a low draw.

08/30/14 UFC 177 Dillashaw vs Soto 125,000
09/27/14 UFC 178 Johnson vs Cariaso 205,000
10/25/14 UFC 179 Aldo vs Mendes II 180,000
11/15/14 UFC 180 Werdum vs Hunt 185,000
04/25/15 UFC 186 Johnson vs Horiguchi 125,000
09/05/15 UFC 191 Johnson vs Dodson II 115,000
12/10/16 UFC 206 Halloway vs. Pettis 150,000

1,085,000 total.

So in all 7 PPV's combined that Mouse has been on... he hasn't drawn as much as one single McGregor PPV event. I know you're talking about HW's, but it's the same thing. Stipe & DC only draw about 300k for their fights unless there's another attraction on there. Well, the Jones feud did rock DC up to around 800k... but otherwise he's around 300k

The obvious answer is that people get paid what they're worth... what they can bring in.

One further point is this:
DC gets PPV points just like Conor does. So they both have the opportunity to be paid the same. (minus the difference in their disclosed pay)

How can a guy like Conor McGregor fairly make more money defending a belt that limits him to having to fight anyone over 155 pounds, than the real UFC Champions, guys like Coleman, Severn, and Kerr had to be ready to defend against anyone of any size? Being the best of the best should pay more than "being good for a little guy who is protected from fighting bigger guys." The real UFC Champions weren't protected from any challengers of any size. Yet they only got paid a tiny fraction of what McGregor gets paid.

The highest paid champion should be the champion who is willing to fight any challenger on the entire UFC roster. That makes that champion the best of the best. That's far more impressive than only defending a "championship" against people who all weigh between 145 and 155 pounds.

Ummm, Coleman, Severn and Kerr were the biggest guys.

Back