*UFC sucks nowadays*

Yeah the UFC went downhill fast. I watch maybe 3 events a year now. Nobody talks about it at my job anymore either.

Reebok is what killed it, worst deal in UFC history.

Being a UFC champion came with incredible sponsorships perks, wasnt Rampage making 1/2 a million a fight just off Muscle Pharm?? GSP would make several million off his sponsors.

Hell even Erik Silva was pulling in like 60k a month just off sponsors.

Not only that, but these sponsors would also spend their own money promoting and advertising UFC fighters at no cost to the UFC.

Fact is the UFC has become a brand that all UFC fighters have to represent, while also being tasked with going outside the brand to bring in casuals while also not really being allowed to go outside the brand.

Called it 5 years ago that Belator will surpass the UFC in 10 years, and still think in anothet 5 years they will be atleast on par.

I agree with everything except the Bellator part. Bellator ratings are tanking too.

They're focused on pushing UFC geriatrics at the expense of their homegrown talent, and Coker seems committed to this incomprehensible strategy of holding all of these cards in Europe.

Yeah the UFC went downhill fast. I watch maybe 3 events a year now. Nobody talks about it at my job anymore either.
Same here, but don't bring that up because Sherdoggers will just endlessly reply "Don't like it, don't watch."

And it'll only get worse from here thanks to WME. I believe they bought UFC to farm movie stars

It's not that simple. He likes MMA you idiot. Reality is the UFC is going down.

And dont let your bitch ass tell me dont watch because I will continue to do so but only the few 2 or 3 fights per card that are interesting.
Ok sound like u got it figured out then. Anything else you wanna cry about?

I haven't cared post Conor beating Eddie.

Khabib v Ferg is the only card I'll buy.

After that...there are no good fights left.

Besides some great fighters on their prime as MM, TJ, Holloway, Ortega, Ferguson, Khabib, Gaethje, Barboza, RDA, Woodley, Wonderboy, Gastelum, Cormier, Stipe, N'Gannou, etc., the UFC is definitely far from its best times and its best fighters.

Nowadays rankings are worthless, fighters keep asking for their own fights, it's more about "money fights" than a serious sport.
If you look away from name recognition and look at the new talent coming up and appreciate technique in front of hype UFC has a lot to offer IMO.

WME are just beginning to realize that they were conned by the Fertittas

Besides some great fighters on their prime as MM, TJ, Holloway, Ortega, Ferguson, Khabib, Gaethje, Barboza, RDA, Woodley, Wonderboy, Gastelum, Cormier, Stipe, N'Gannou, etc., the UFC is definitely far from its best times and its best fighters.

Nowadays rankings are worthless, fighters keep asking for their own fights, it's more about "money fights" than a serious sport.

quality of cards, sir, not quality of fighters.

It is one of many...

Reebok, allowing Rory and Moose to walk, intentionally not signing Askren, allowing McGregor to pick and choose his fights (for quick big money grabs) which has left other champs trying to do the same thing and exposing they have less 'control' over their fighters than the fighters used to think.

Going overboard about caring about a fighters "style" to the point they let Phil Davis and Bader go, not the most fan friendly fighters but with DC going up, Rumble retired, and Jones suspended; 205 has turned into a complete joke.

Yea but its because of individual sponsorships that allow Belator to compete with fighters pay from the UFC. The incentive is a big reason why Moose and Rory (who could've stayed in the UFC) chose to left.

Fighters asking for money is because they removed the sponsorship value of being the champion, being the champion today doesn't contribute anymore to your individual value where you can bring in bigger sponsors. Today the only way to make extra money is with fights that can sell, the belt has lost a lot of its significance now, unless your name value can sell 400k+ PPV's which majority of fighters cannot.

MM for example is being paid less than Mark Hunt, Francis Ngannou, Sage Northcutt, CM Punk, ect.

There were 5 first round finishes in the first 6 fights last night, and many more on the main card.

If you like watching fights, things are just fine.

Guys like you who worry more about who wins a press scrum are a blight on society.

Five first round finishes...great.

Problem is, the reason those fighters got finished in the first round is because they shouldn't be in the Super Bowl of mixed martial arts.

Yea but its because of individual sponsorships that allow Belator to compete with fighters pay from the UFC. The incentive is a big reason why Moose and Rory (who could've stayed in the UFC) chose to left.

I get your point but factually that is false
UFC has a matching clause in their contracts & did not match Bellators offer & chose to let them leave
If they matched the offer both fighters would have either stayed with UFC or sat out (I believe) a year.
Bellator offered more guaranteed contractual money than UFC did
so @Meathead Jock was correct in saying they let those fighters leave

The novelty of dudes fighting in a cage has worn off for me. They need to have like flames coming out of the floor or some shit

The UFC basically cut a major source of revenue for the fighters with this Reebok bullsh!t. Now fighters are holding out to get a big payday. Before Reebok, a lot of fighters(Especially the big names) knew they'd be making bank regardless who they fought through sponsorship. That's no longer the case..

"A hungry mob is an angry mob."

Ok sound like u got it figured out then. Anything else you wanna cry about?

Cry? lol, youre the one here complaining about TS thread and telling him what to do. Who the hell are you to tell anyone what to do? What about you stop being a member or entering threads you dont agree with? There I figured it out for you.

Back