UFC vs. Bellator Tournament: cross-promote

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This would be awesome. Champ vs. Champ. Liddell fought Rampage in Pride as a UFC representative although he wasn't champ.

How do you think the UFC's champs would line up against Bellators? With Ryan Bader as LHW champ in Bellator I'd expect him to lose to Cormier. However, with Rory McDonald in Bellator I'd expect him to defeat UFC WW champ Tyron Woodley who he's beaten in the past (yes, Rory isn't WW champ yet but he's fighting for the title this month).

How do you see these matchups going?

Rory did punish him last time, but the UFC wins every fight.

Unfortunately will never, ever happen unless the UFC acquires Bellator.

They do not cross promote except sort of with Invicta (Which they steal talent from).

Fedor's management wanted cross promotion back when Fedor was actually relevant and the UFC said no to M1 right quick.

Rory would be champ today.

Mousasi would have a very good shot as well.

Too bad Bisping is not the champ anymore, even Sakara would have had a good shot

No way they give bellator a chance to be looked at as legitimate

Only way it would be remotely close to happening is if the UFC had an Ultimate fighter season where one team was blatantly a bunch of bellator castoffs, vs a team of random unheard of dudes. Then the UFC could say "even our unheard of scouted talents beat those bellator veterans blah blah blah"

All respect TS but this thread is short sided......

What would be epic is a WORLD CUP of MMA!

every couple years we should have a Tournament with the top promotions sending a representative and having a Tournament over a couple months.

Sorta what RIZIN attempted with the RIZIN. Alliance but with only top tier orgs.

Imagine UFC,RIZIN,Bellator,KSW, M-1 global,ONE,etc etc all sending representatives to a stacked tournament. I'd love it to be all champions but id be happy with only guys from the top 5.

It IMO would elevate the entire sport ........

Biggest problem is the UFC because they are the standard and his forbid any other org get some props especially at the expense of them...

It would create a mega event and I think more countries would get behind MMA and it'
Would produce some absolute epic fights.

every couple years we should have a Tournament with the top promotions sending a representative and having a Tournament over a couple months.

Sorta what RIZIN attempted with the RIZIN. Alliance but with only top tier orgs.

Imagine UFC,RIZIN,Bellator,KSW, M-1 global,ONE,etc etc all sending representatives to a stacked tournament. I'd love it to be all champions but id be happy with only guys from the top 5.

Biggest problem is the UFC because they are the standard and his forbid any other org get some props especially at the expense of them...

It would create a mega event and I think more countries would get behind MMA and it'
I have always been a fan of this idea. Not sure if it would be in cage/ring, or unified rules/modified ONEfc rules but i think it would help the growth of MMA as a whole.

I honestly think UFC should send some suspended fighter to Rizin while they are doing one of those tournaments

If they would send Barnett or Rothwell to the next Openweight tournament they would have a big chance to win (take into consideration that Barnett would be roided to the gills)

Why only name two potential match ups ?.
There are plenty of good matches to be made, and they're much closer than Sherdog will admit.

Back