UFC without Dana White (Speculation)

Dana is part of the show. Since he has taken a step back the show has been lacking and now people act like he is a hinderance on the promotion. smh.

What you call throwing under the bus, I call fair play. People forget that these fighters can act like primadonnas behind closed doors, all Dana is doing is letting the fans know why the fights we want aren’t being delivered. In the case of Francis, I think he was just trying to light a fire under the guys ass which was clearly necessary. But what does Dana know about how to deal with fighters?!

Coker doesnt know how to promote fights.

Never made a star.

Couldn't sell over 100k ppv with Sonnin, Wanderlei, Fedor, Mitrione + 3 title fights. All the star power there was created by other promoters and he still failed.

Dana has obviously done a great job to get the UFC to this point.

However, it's plateaued. It's not gonna reach any new heights with Dana at the helm, it will always remain a niche sport with a limited audience. If they bring in a true businessman with experience who has legitimate respect for the fighters and the fight game, the UFC could be taken to the next level. It could breach the mainstream sports audience and grow exponentially from what it is today. It's time to make a change.

Stfu Brendan

Simple as the title says, will the UFC be okay with or without Uncle Dana?

Dana is one of the faces to the brand.

Dana throws fighters under the bus.

Do you care or not?

.... So on and so forth..

Dana has had some great amount of camera and promotional time so would that affect the brass if he's ever asked to leave or if he leaves on his own?

Who would the UFC hire in place?

Keep the pondering going.

It's a fair question as DW's contractual obligations will eventually reach us.
Remember the last 30,000 times this topic was brought up?

865396880.gif

How can the UFC survive without Reebok, stupid rematches, unearned titleshots, fighter bashing, watered-downed cards, lack of star power, forcing low-quality WMMA on main cards, and all the other stupid ideas of the living legend Dana White.

Omg bunch of crybabies “oh Dana is so mean!” Pfff I’d rather that than some bland ass generic dummy trying to be liked.

The difference is it's now in the news after comments by Schaub and Thompson.
That's not the news. That's a rumor mill fueled by bloggers and hanger-ons.

Shane McMahon lol. Then the McMahons will own it all.

What's funny is that Shane saw the potential of the UFC long before anyone else in his family did. He advised his father Vince to buy the UFC all the way back in 2006 but he brushed it off.

I'm on the fence. Dana's a good promoter whether you like him or not. I'm not sure if a more professional approach would just bore people or if it would draw more people in. That's hardly the UFC's biggest problem though. The weight cutting, constant injuries, shitty cards, and lack of exciting new talent are all bigger problems.

I could see Chael taking over for Dana down the road. He's almost as corrupt, but loves the fight game, and sure as hell knows how to promote a fight. lol

I don't see it happening myself, but I sure hope so.

If there's anyone fit to carry the mantle of Dana White, it's the American Gangster.

Plus, he's been very intelligently setting himself up for that position by:

- Had his own promotion for a while, organizing wrestling/jitz tournaments.

- Promoting some small events here and there.

- Therefore, racking up fight promotion experience on his resume.

- Always promotes his company's other fights. I remember he promoted the then-running season of TUF during his feud with Jon Jones. Promoted the hell out of Douglas Lima at Bellator and always hypes up their young prospects.

- Does a lot of videos on his podcasts that tackle the "business" aspect of MMA, and although it's full of exaggerations, it shows that he has a strong understanding of the business. We think the target audience of these videos of the fans, but it's really the employers.

I'm on the fence. Dana's a good promoter whether you like him or not. I'm not sure if a more professional approach would just bore people or if it would draw more people in. That's hardly the UFC's biggest problem though. The weight cutting, constant injuries, shitty cards, and lack of exciting new talent are all bigger problems.
Yes, all great points.

Good post.

I think Dana is too weasely and ensconced to ever go away unfortunately

With the predictive posting I've read over the last while, some have me convinced he's lost his passion for the sport and he's sticking around till his time's up. That said, I don't know if him going away is going to fix the problem. For all the shit he says and does, that doesn't outweigh the promotional work he does. But it does seem to be a bit lacking as of lately (since the selling of the UFC.)

Dana is a promoter and hes become a casual fan. Whens the last time you heared him hype fighters thats really good buts not the obviouse stars? He bearly knows who Raphael A. Is, a 11-1 in the UFC fighter. Dana gives genereic hype answers « hes a beast» « how can u not get excited for this guy» « hes very talented», and no mention of what makes hes fighters great... at alll! Dana looks at hes phone when sitting cage side, and not the monitors of hes fighters fighting.

there's a real line in the sand with this thread. morons will say "dana's a joke" and the ufc doesn't need him etc. people who understand the sport and have been around awhile understand that dana is most likely the best promotor in combat sports history and that the ufc wouldn't be where it is today without him. if he retired, the ufc would surely take a massive hit. that being said, he's also a total douchebag and I can't stand him

Maybe the best combat sports company promoter because his individual fighter promotion is terrible.

Back