UFL Spring Football - NFL Can Recycling Center

Bay Area Panthers and San Diego StrikeForce(I think) in the IFL is all we got

Bay Area Panthers were supposed to be the Oakland Panthers(Marshawn Lynch is an owner) and they were gonna play at the arena next to the Coliseum

I was so frickin excited to get football back in Oakland that i was campaigning every day on social media to get everyone i knew to buy season ticket packages, I was probably doing more to sell tickets than anybody working for the team was because I wanted it to succeed so bad

I was anxiously counting down the days til March 14, 2020 which was the first game of the season, got together with a bunch of old Raiders fans through social media and we had a huge tailgate party planned to welcome football back to Oakland

And then Covid happened and the season was cancelled two days before week 1 and the Oakland Panthers never played one single game in Oakland...

<DCrying>

Damn!! Well, good on you for that Pete! Hopefully they get something together for the next season!

Damn!! Well, good on you for that Pete! Hopefully they get something together for the next season!

They won the league championship last season, playing outta the Shark Tank in San Jose and there might have been 500 people in attendance

There was talk that Urijah Faber was trying to buy them and move them to the fancy pants new basketball arena in Sacramento but I guess it didn't happen cause they're still in San Jose this season

Urijah Faber buying them woulda been a smart business move imo, Sacramento is a great sports/live event town, they got a rabid fan base that supports all their teams and all the concerts and other events usually draw great crowds out there

Plus Urijah already runs a regional MMA promotion out there and it is a top notch operation all the way around that draws sellout crowds so he's shown he knows what he's doing in terms of local support

Last edited:
If the Bay area gets a team, I'd guess the best outdoor spots are San Jose State's football stadium or that nice MLS stadium in San Jose.

If the Bay area gets a team, I'd guess the best outdoor spots are San Jose State's football stadium or that nice MLS stadium in San Jose.

It would fail in San Jose imo, gotta be centrally located, easy to get to, people arent gonna drive two hours each way to watch minor league football but they'll attend if they can just jump on the train from anywhere in the Bay and get there with zero hassle

Too bad there arent any major stadiums in the area with their own dedicated train stop, oh wait...

oak.jpg

If they're gonna make a team in California, San Diego is the most logical choice.

Have San Diego fans truly abandoned the Chargers?

Like I know they say they do and they aren't going to Los Angeles for games. But have they stopped rooting for the Chargers and want a replacement team?

Canela and Vaughn are good WRs. I wonder if they’ll get another chance in the NFL after this season?

OH WHAT THE FUCK!!!!
THE ROCK'S SHITTY ASS 3RD TIER FOOTBALL LEAGUE IS OFFICIALLY A DISASTER!!!!!

Watching the game of the week right now, St Louis Battlehawks (5-1) at Birmingham Stallions (6-0)

St Louis is down by 4 points with 45 seconds left in the game, they block a punt and get the ball back on the opponents 47 yard line but they got no timeouts left

1st down - Completion, receiver gets out of bounds to stop the clock

2nd down - AJ McCarron runs for some dumb ass reason

3rd down - Spikes the ball to stop the clock

4th and 2 with 29 seconds left - It all comes down to this, gotta throw for a 1st down and get outta bounds or the game is over!

The announcer literally says "AJ McCarron playing in this state for the 1st time since the KICK SIX(@RollSonnenRoll :oops: :oops: ) can he finally redeem himself?"

Lines up under center, here comes the snap...

Fox cuts to commercial and switches to the MLB Game Of The Week!!!!

OH, WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

Things sure have changed for the once mighty Dwayne, I'll tell ya that, Fox woulda never pulled this bullshit on The Rock before he tried to fuck over Cody Rhodes and instead ruined his own career and alienated the entire entertainment industry in the process

🤬🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
OH WHAT THE FUCK!!!!
THE ROCK'S SHITTY ASS 3RD TIER FOOTBALL LEAGUE IS OFFICIALLY A DISASTER!!!!!

Watching the game of the week right now, St Louis Battlehawks (5-1) at Birmingham Stallions (6-0)

St Louis is down by 4 points with 45 seconds left in the game, they block a punt and get the ball back on the opponents 47 yard line but they got no timeouts left

1st down - Completion, receiver gets out of bounds to stop the clock

2nd down - AJ McCarron runs for some dumb ass reason

3rd down - Spikes the ball to stop the clock

4th and 2 with 29 seconds left - It all comes down to this, gotta throw for a 1st down and get outta bounds or the game is over!

The announcer literally says "AJ McCarron playing in this state for the 1st time since the KICK SIX(@RollSonnenRoll :oops: :oops: ) can he finally redeem himself?"

Lines up under center, here comes the snap...

Fox cuts to commercial and switches to the MLB Game Of The Week!!!!

OH, WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

Things sure have changed for the once mighty Dwayne, I'll tell ya that, Fox woulda never pulled this bullshit on The Rock before he tried to fuck over Cody Rhodes and instead ruined his own career and alienated the entire entertainment industry in the process

🤬🤬🤬🤬
I was watching in the Fox Sports app, so the coverage didn’t change. McCarron choked next play and it was over.

Man ufl has a lot of good kickers, nothing to hit 60 yards

It would fail in San Jose imo, gotta be centrally located, easy to get to, people arent gonna drive two hours each way to watch minor league football but they'll attend if they can just jump on the train from anywhere in the Bay and get there with zero hassle

Too bad there arent any major stadiums in the area with their own dedicated train stop, oh wait...

oak.jpg
What's the plan for the coliseum once the As leave? Are there any other good venues in the SF/Oakland area for a UFL team?
Have San Diego fans truly abandoned the Chargers?

Like I know they say they do and they aren't going to Los Angeles for games. But have they stopped rooting for the Chargers and want a replacement team?
Not too sure since I'm not around SD. They also had a pretty good following in South OC.

Why? So no fans would attend?

Snapdragon stadium is a good size for a UFL team. I can't imagine half filled stadiums look good on TV.

What's the plan for the coliseum once the As leave? Are there any other good venues in the SF/Oakland area for a UFL team?

I guess they can play in Berkeley at Cal's stadium but Oakland is clearly the place to plant your flag if you wanna really try and ignite a passionate fan base that are eager to go back to football games again

Theyre trying to get turn it into a soccer stadium for the Oakland Roots and Oakland Soul, I dont know how realistic that is, though

Eventually it will get razed and turned into high end apartments and a business, shopping and entertainment district because the location is so perfect, transportation wise, but thats probably a long way off now with the way the economy is in this state

Back