UFN 102 - Lewis vs Abdurakhimov - Albany

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf Perez +295 had to add more

cant belive ppl are betting Diakiese at these prices

low level wmma aldrich is +225. ok f it im on her and her dec. lima brazilian too auto fade post usada

perez ko +1485...
perez sub +1025...
perez itd +789...

Damn it, I jumped on the sub opener at +800. Never thought it would get better. These lines are ridiculous.

I just had a fight camp a week ago (he pulled out) , so I'm in shape, training with my brother, 1.5 from my home, I only took 1.5 weeks off hard training and then I got right back into it, only 10 pounds over, perfect, I will finish it 100%

Retiring after a win shows weakness, I saw where I went wrong in my first fight, I will come out on top, I'm young, I want to fight often, I'm still learning

Training at Xtreme Couture, was helping Travis for his last fight, hopefully more of the same from the last fight

Went straight to pro, 30 fights, 10 years, I'm well rounded, I'm comfortable on the ground, stand up is chaotic, I have muay thai tricks, after my last win, I thought it would happen, I'm a last minute replacement, I was training for two teammates with title fights coming up, he's not technical but he's tough, I woke up at 196, I'm real lean, I've never been ragdolled at my weight, looking forward to KO bonus

My whole career has been last minute call ups, I've watched a few of his fights, I don't think he'll learn anything new, he just throws big punches, he's aggressive, he'll slow down a bit, he's a bully, I won't back down, he'll realize he's out classed, training with a guy that's bigger and stronger version of him

3.5 weeks is not short notice for me, my training partners are the best in the world, I wanted this fight, I was supposed to fight him in RFA, he's very similar to my last two opponents, he hasn't fought nobody, he's tough but I don't see the skillset, I don't see the movement, I'm on a different level, when I got the call, I was already training teammates for 5 round fights, I don't take breaks, I'm always in the gym, I'm more than ready, I'll finish him in the first, he's throwing himself in the meat grinder if he clinches with me, I'm going to get a bonus

http://cagepages.com/2016/12/06/ufc-albany-interview-meerschaert/

- Three-and-a-half weeks is a short camp for some people, but I never really stopped training after my last fight. I went maybe a week of lighter training, but I was helping [Mike] “Biggie” [Rhodes] get ready for his Victory Fighting Championships fight. I’ve built a lot of my career and notable wins off short notice fights, so I’m no stranger to it.
- I believe I’ll get the finish in the first or early in the second. Trevor and I have a similar body type, and Joe seemed to have a real problem with that reach, and even in the wrestling, he doesn’t seem to know how to use his body to wrestle as effectively as he can.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/11/...haert-and-rob-font-ufc-interview-podcast-news

10 years in the game, I don't have a background in wrestling, I had to learn all the skills, can't wait to show everybody, was hard to find guys to fight me, I've been backstage in the UFC, I know how they treat you, I was willing to fight him in the RFA on a few days notice, I knew who he was before, very good match up for me, I stay in the gym, I eat like a professional fighter

I never thought much of lewis and kept fading him and getting burnt. Hes actually pretty good
I can't think of any single technique Lewis has showed in the cage that made me think he was top caliber. His take down defense is mediocre at best, wild striking with no defense(whoever lands first), garbage ground game.

He gets by due to his size and poor opposition, he'll get starched when he faces tecniqual strikers or good grapplers(wins over the hill Nelson & Gonzaga don't impress me).

Maybe I am quite harsh here but it's my honest opinion of him.

I can't think of any single technique Lewis has showed in the cage that made me think he was top caliber. His take down defense is mediocre at best, wild striking with no defense(whoever lands first), garbage ground game.

He gets by due to his size and poor opposition, he'll get starched when he faces tecniqual strikers or good grapplers(wins over the hill Nelson & Gonzaga don't impress me).

Maybe I am quite harsh here but it's my honest opinion of him.

I never said he was top calibre. His tdd is poor but he is really good at getting back to his feet which makes him unique for a hw outside of the top 5. He packs enormous power and his gnp is frightening. Yes he will struggle with top 10 but anyone outside he's a frightening prospect.

I never said he was top calibre. His tdd is poor but he is really good at getting back to his feet which makes him unique for a hw outside of the top 5. He packs enormous power and his gnp is frightening. Yes he will struggle with top 10 but anyone outside he's a frightening prospect.
I'll agree with most of that to some extent. However I doubt he'll get off any gnp(even when in top position) against any top opponent.

The ground exhchanges with the south african fighters was truly horrendous.

I'll agree with most of that to some extent. However I doubt he'll get off any gnp(even when in top position) against any top opponent.

The ground exhchanges with the south african fighters was truly horrendous.

Oh yeah i agree he won't be able to get top fighters down to unleash his gnp. I used to always fade Lewis but i've realised for all his faults he is a dangerous man and a solid gatekeeper. He also has decent cardio for such a beast.

Anyone else like Trevor smith over sanchez. Come on Sanchez beat rountree (who has his own issues) other than that he is not impressive imo. He can wrestle but thats all. He is not a knock out machine and I think Smith is not in danger of getting tko'd here. I think this fight is much closer than odds show. Smith is underrated here. I wouldn't be surprised if he out wrestles sanchez and wins 29-28 decision. Smith is a tough guy despite his chin issues. I make a small comparison with with dan kelly.
I'm on fight goes to dec +100. Think we'll see 3 rounds of grappling exchanges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back