UFN 109 - Gus vs GT - Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
fight pass:
GT-gus
GT lookin very good, actually. as good as he has in the past couple years IMO. leaner than some fights.
Gus lookin fairly mediocre IMO.. bit soft, i think..
gus is 2-3" taller
I compared with some previous weight-ins. I might just be seeing what was expecting to see, but he also looked like he's more stressed/under more pressure than usual. I added Tex sub 0.1u 11.75.

till-ayari
ayari looks better than his debut, but still unimpressive. but he DOES look better than his debut.
till looks very solid, BUT he clocks in at 176.. looks like he just quit trying early.
they're identically sized
Till has even more to prove now. He's is a cocky and self-confidence driven kid. Any dent in that confidence could give momentum for the opponent or make Till overly aggressive. Ayari took some changes against Wallhead taunting him hands down. He could get under Till's skin. Took Ayari 0.25u 4.1 and Ayari itd 0.1u 16.00.

ya if only betting was that easy =/

Musoke is coming off a 2 year layoff (injurie(s)) impossible to predict how he will look with all this ringrust..

and while i favor Gus to win he has never beaten anyone as good as Glover so the line on him is laughable imo.. all the value is on Glover

don't know anything about that ksw fight so wont comment on that
The serbian dude is a bum and there are worlds between their skill levels.
Mamed not only has faced better competition but he's also 5 inches taller than his opponent.
Gus has better chin, is faster and will catch glover, i mean it's a 25 minutes fight.
He even dropped DC and even DC had problems landing takedowns on GUS....Glover won't land any takedown.
This fight will be a stand up battle and i see Gus defeating glover by tko.

I compared with some previous weight-ins. I might just be seeing what was expecting to see, but he also looked like he's more stressed/under more pressure than usual. I added Tex sub 0.1u 11.75.

Till has even more to prove now. He's is a cocky and self-confidence driven kid. Any dent in that confidence could give momentum for the opponent or make Till overly aggressive. Ayari took some changes against Wallhead taunting him hands down. He could get under Till's skin. Took Ayari 0.25u 4.1 and Ayari itd 0.1u 16.00.

Atari paid for getting cocky got dropped twice with that bad chin

Till missed by 6 lbs and didnt look like he had much more weight to give. Tough weight limits for him, hes clearly not built enough for 185 and has probably grown out of WW.

I am thinking Oliver Enkamp has a bit of value with the heavy underdog tag. Taleb is solid, but also beatable. I'll give you my thoughts on how the newcomer can pull off the upset as well as who he is.

Taleb/Enkamp

The “Combat Kid” is a flawless 7-0 inhis professional career and while Sherdog only lists a single fight on his amateur record, he's actually had 9 successful bouts. The young Swede has been training in various forms of mixed martial arts since he was five years old. Specifically Muay Thai and Karate. He has traversed the globe making pit stops at the most estimable MMA facilities on earth. Namely he's worked extensively with Tiger Muay Thai and the prestigious Alliance Training Center.

Enkamp is a 23-year-old karate fighter with speed and power and his striking and flexibility and quick twitch muscle fibers to help his underwriters submission grappling game. With four subs Enkampt owns a venomous grappling attack.

I mean this in the most positive way when I say he actually reminds you of a male Rose Namajunas. This is because like Namajunas, the Swedish karate stylist will jump for flying armbars and possesses an a wicked guard game. Fluid, pliable and dynamic, Enkamp is always threatening from his back. Be it throwing up triangles or consistently rotating his hips for armbars, he's always fishing for something.

Standing, he has that Wonderboy/Scoggins-esque Karateka style where he is incessantly bouncing on the balls of his feet and throwing kicks and punches from multiple angles. A deft striker, Enkamp will throw one strike, angle out, and land the forceful blow. He is patient but still aggressive as he lights his opponents up with his quick blitzes or sharp counters.

His kicking arsenal is vast and includes two famous attacks. The first being the Bill "Superfoot" Wallace special. This is where he effortlessly lifts his lead right leg off the mat and with a quick snapping motion gets full extension on the kick as he wallops his man upside the head.

The second is the infamous Uriah Hall spinning heel-kick. i.e. The TUF shot seen 'round the world. i.e. The highlight reel blow that plays in Adam Cella's set to the tune of O Fortuna playing in the background.. He is a pinpoint accurate striker with his kicks and punches and with his excellent grappling he's not afraid to empty the clip.

The biggest liability for Enkamp this weekend isn't that he's taking the fight on short notice but rather the size discrepancy. We have a gigantic Welterweight fighting a natural Lightweight.

Physically Taleb is the much bigger man, but he's also a plodder who can be exploited by a faster man. If this Karateka Enkamp uses his speed and stays on the outside he can steal two of three rounds.

So aside from the size disadvantage, most disconcerting is Enkamp's feeble takedown defense. Even on the regional circuit — against unpolished grapplers/wrestlers — Enkamp has been grounded far too easily. Fortunately, he understands his shortcomings and doesn't expend a ton of unnecessary energy fighting it. Instead he takes the Louis Smolka approach and accepts the takedown and then use his jui-jitsu to work his way back up or to an advantageous position.

If taken down it isn't a death sentence. Enkamp has the ability to extricate himself from Taleb's clutches. Be it with sweeps and/or scrambles. Furthermore, while unlikely as it is, if Taleb doesn't take Enkamp's BJJ seriously, the Canuck could find himself tapping out. Astonished. Shocked. Enkamp has very quick hips and could recreate a Pettis/Bendo II moment if he's slept on.

Ultimately I believe that the Canadian wins the fight but at his ridiculously +300 price tag I believe the hometown kid is worth a flyer.

And you think hot sauce can knock out Camozzi when hot sauce has only one tko on his record and Camozzi has never been TKO/KO in his MMA career over his 36 career fights?

I don't play but it is widely, but Camozzi keeps his chin high in the air and hot sauce does possess power.. it's not always about what's on the resume. How many people believed Michael Bisping would knock out Luke Rockhold. Trevor is strong as an ox and if he lands clean he can shut off the lights in Georgia.

Again, I don't think that it is likely, just a possible scenario that is greater than the odds belie.

I am thinking Oliver Enkamp has a bit of value with the heavy underdog tag. Taleb is solid, but also beatable. I'll give you my thoughts on how the newcomer can pull off the upset as well as who he is.

Taleb/Enkamp

The “Combat Kid” is a flawless 7-0 inhis professional career and while Sherdog only lists a single fight on his amateur record, he's actually had 9 successful bouts. The young Swede has been training in various forms of mixed martial arts since he was five years old. Specifically Muay Thai and Karate. He has traversed the globe making pit stops at the most estimable MMA facilities on earth. Namely he's worked extensively with Tiger Muay Thai and the prestigious Alliance Training Center.

Enkamp is a 23-year-old karate fighter with speed and power and his striking and flexibility and quick twitch muscle fibers to help his underwriters submission grappling game. With four subs Enkampt owns a venomous grappling attack.

I mean this in the most positive way when I say he actually reminds you of a male Rose Namajunas. This is because like Namajunas, the Swedish karate stylist will jump for flying armbars and possesses an a wicked guard game. Fluid, pliable and dynamic, Enkamp is always threatening from his back. Be it throwing up triangles or consistently rotating his hips for armbars, he's always fishing for something.

Standing, he has that Wonderboy/Scoggins-esque Karateka style where he is incessantly bouncing on the balls of his feet and throwing kicks and punches from multiple angles. A deft striker, Enkamp will throw one strike, angle out, and land the forceful blow. He is patient but still aggressive as he lights his opponents up with his quick blitzes or sharp counters.

His kicking arsenal is vast and includes two famous attacks. The first being the Bill "Superfoot" Wallace special. This is where he effortlessly lifts his lead right leg off the mat and with a quick snapping motion gets full extension on the kick as he wallops his man upside the head.

The second is the infamous Uriah Hall spinning heel-kick. i.e. The TUF shot seen 'round the world. i.e. The highlight reel blow that plays in Adam Cella's set to the tune of O Fortuna playing in the background.. He is a pinpoint accurate striker with his kicks and punches and with his excellent grappling he's not afraid to empty the clip.

The biggest liability for Enkamp this weekend isn't that he's taking the fight on short notice but rather the size discrepancy. We have a gigantic Welterweight fighting a natural Lightweight.

Physically Taleb is the much bigger man, but he's also a plodder who can be exploited by a faster man. If this Karateka Enkamp uses his speed and stays on the outside he can steal two of three rounds.

So aside from the size disadvantage, most disconcerting is Enkamp's feeble takedown defense. Even on the regional circuit — against unpolished grapplers/wrestlers — Enkamp has been grounded far too easily. Fortunately, he understands his shortcomings and doesn't expend a ton of unnecessary energy fighting it. Instead he takes the Louis Smolka approach and accepts the takedown and then use his jui-jitsu to work his way back up or to an advantageous position.

If taken down it isn't a death sentence. Enkamp has the ability to extricate himself from Taleb's clutches. Be it with sweeps and/or scrambles. Furthermore, while unlikely as it is, if Taleb doesn't take Enkamp's BJJ seriously, the Canuck could find himself tapping out. Astonished. Shocked. Enkamp has very quick hips and could recreate a Pettis/Bendo II moment if he's slept on.

Ultimately I believe that the Canadian wins the fight but at his ridiculously +300 price tag I believe the hometown kid is worth a flyer.
I agree here, I was a little impressed with his skills when I was able to find his fights and highlights. If he uses his speed he can take 2/3 rounds for sure. It's not likely but it's worth it at that price. The dec prop is nice as well

I don't play but it is widely, but Camozzi keeps his chin high in the air and hot sauce does possess power.. it's not always about what's on the resume. How many people believed Michael Bisping would knock out Luke Rockhold. Trevor is strong as an ox and if he lands clean he can shut off the lights in Georgia.

Again, I don't think that it is likely, just a possible scenario that is greater than the odds belie.
Hot Sauce swings wildly, and while he has power I don't think he will catch Camozzi. I think the likely outcome is Camozzi DEC.

Hot Sauce swings wildly, and while he has power I don't think he will catch Camozzi. I think the likely outcome is Camozzi DEC.

Yes. Most likely.

However wagering on two middling MW's is like betting on two WMMA BWs.

Yes. Most likely.

However wagering on two middling MW's is like betting on two WMMA BWs.

Haha true.

I only currently have a decent bet on the Over 2.5 at -165 I hit a few days ago. Might add a small Camozzi dec bet.

Yeah, actually Velickovic should be 0-3 in the ufc and his fights were with pretty low competition.

yea, i disagree w/this statement.

aliev can ground a LOT of dudes, but it was a lackluster performance.

the debut w/ di chirico was up a weight class for him and he hung in and obviously got the W

and graves is not a bum. just gasses in the third. he's an awesome grappler. graves beats musoke, too

Not feeling enkamp love i didnt really like what i saw on tape. Taleb just ran ponz whos a monster razor close. Taleb can be low volume but i cant see him losing to this kid who should be at lw imo and who taleb can ground if he wants to.

The serbian dude is a bum and there are worlds between their skill levels.
Mamed not only has faced better competition but he's also 5 inches taller than his opponent.
Gus has better chin, is faster and will catch glover, i mean it's a 25 minutes fight.
He even dropped DC and even DC had problems landing takedowns on GUS....Glover won't land any takedown.
This fight will be a stand up battle and i see Gus defeating glover by tko.
Won the mamed khalidov fight.
2 fights left and i will over 300 euro

10075831.jpg

10075828.jpg

10075825.jpg

10075821.jpg

10075818.jpg

10075814.jpg

10075811.jpg

10075808.jpg

10075805.jpg

10075802.jpg

10075799.jpg

10075796.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Taleb/Enkamp

im 14u teleb. im v confident. this kid is a lightweight who is only here coz of an injury. he isn't ready for the ufc. this is a huge step up in class. too big a step up. his cardio didn't even look good on tape and this is short notice. i didn't see a single thing in footage that gave me cause for concern here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back