UFN 109 - Gus vs GT - Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I know styles make fights and MMA records lie and all that, but something fun I realised about MAD DOG Madadi v Joaquim Silva:

Reza Madadi has never been finished, despite the fact that he got battered to all hell in the Joe Duffy fight.

Joaquim Silva has only ever gone past the first round once, in a split decision win over Nazereno Malegarie. Now I have no idea how good Malegarie is (maybe he's some superstar that was just unlucky to be cut after his only UFC fight), but according to r/mma's decisionbot, Malegarie got royally fucked (media members had 5 scoring 29-28 to Silva, while 8 were scoring it for Malegarie (3 said 29-28, 1 said 30-28, 5 said 30-27). I haven't seen the fight, but based on the scorecard of the ref that scored it in Malegarie's favour I'm guessing Silva gassed as the fight went on.

As it's a potential retirement fight in his hometown and he's basically unfinishable, is Madadi a live dog? Or have I misread these statistics/put too much on a fight with a guy who is criminally underrated?

I think this is a very tough card pre-fight, so maybe live betting might be the way to go. Was going back and forth on the Bosnian Bomber, but got a little sour grapes knowing I missed out on +290.

Okay I know styles make fights and MMA records lie and all that, but something fun I realised about MAD DOG Madadi v Joaquim Silva:

Reza Madadi has never been finished, despite the fact that he got battered to all hell in the Joe Duffy fight.

Joaquim Silva has only ever gone past the first round once, in a split decision win over Nazereno Malegarie. Now I have no idea how good Malegarie is (maybe he's some superstar that was just unlucky to be cut after his only UFC fight), but according to r/mma's decisionbot, Malegarie got royally fucked (media members had 5 scoring 29-28 to Silva, while 8 were scoring it for Malegarie (3 said 29-28, 1 said 30-28, 5 said 30-27). I haven't seen the fight, but based on the scorecard of the ref that scored it in Malegarie's favour I'm guessing Silva gassed as the fight went on.

As it's a potential retirement fight in his hometown and he's basically unfinishable, is Madadi a live dog? Or have I misread these statistics/put too much on a fight with a guy who is criminally underrated?
Im on Madadi at 2.6. My only concern is that he might want to put on a show in his retirement fight and just bang.

Lay-n-pray Madadi wins this.

According to my notes Silva started slow and stiff but started to open up in second and third. Malegerie kind of outworked him, but Silva scored the most powerfull strikes. He was still very dangerous in the third and threw more kicks and flying knees.

Im on Madadi at 2.6. My only concern is that he might want to put on a show in his retirement fight and just bang.

It's not 100% that he will retire, so he'll probably be happy just to grind a win.

Last edited:

Have we seen Lay-n-pray Madadi in the UFC so far? All his wins are finishes (guillotine/d'arce/TKO)

Not sure if it means anything, but Madadi is also undefeated in Sweden (finished Michael Johnson in Stockholm)

Here are all my picks for the fight, looks to be a pretty solid night! Good luck everybody!

1f512.png
1f512.png
LOCK IT IN SUPER VALUE MULTI
1f512.png
1f512.png
:
Pedro Munhoz INSIDE DISTANCE @ $1.87
Abdul Razak Alhassan INSIDE DISTANCE @ $1.65
Misha Cirkunov INSIDE DISTANCE @ $1.56
Alexander Gustafsson INSIDE DISTANCE @ $1.95
= $9.39

1f64f.png
1f64f.png
HOPEFUL VALUE MULTI
1f64f.png
1f64f.png
:
All legs of Lock Multi, +
Nordine Taleb by KO @ $3.15
Bojan Velickovic H2H @ $2.10.
= $62.17

QUICK H2H PICKS FOR ALL FIGHTS
HELD to defeat Hadzovic (SUB)
TILL to defeat Ayari (KO)
VELICKOVIC to defeat Musoke (KO)
MADADI to defeat Silva (DEC)
SMITH to defeat Camozzi (DEC)
MUNHOZ to defeat Stasiak (SUB)
HERMANSSON to defeat Nicholson (DEC)
TALEB to defeat Enkamp (KO)
ALHASSAN to defeat Akhemedov (KO)
SAUNDERS to defeat Sobotta (DEC)
CIRKUNOV to defeat Oezdemir (SUB)
GUSTAFSSON to defeat Teixeira (KO)

MUNHOZ DEC
TALEB ITD(KO)
GUSTAFSSON ITD(KO)
CIRKUNOV ITD(SUB)
TILL ITD(KO)
SOBOTTA DEC
SILVA DEC
HERMANSSON DEC
ALHASSAN KO
MUSOKE DEC
HELD DEC
SMITH DEC

In order of confidence. Posted for my own record. Due to my arrogance outpacing my intelligence last event, I'll have to ask that no one follows.

Does Joaquim Silva have a great ground game?
It's okay, he's mainly a powerful heavy handed striker and he relies on that a lot, but he has a pretty solid BJJ game to back it up. It's not world class or anything though, he got absolutely dominated by Glaico Franca on the floor on TUF. He got taken down very quickly and just got completely worked until eventually giving up the rear naked halfway through the first. I've got Madadi to win by decision with aggressive wrestling, could possibly even finish him if he wears him out enough.

2 hours away! the birds are chirping, the sun is out, and it's time to roll a fatty and get ready to make some $

Good luck all.

My God..I just went back and re-watched the Marcin Held/Lauzon fight and good grief did poor Held get screwed royally. That could've been a 30-27 score card for the Polish fighter but most certainly 29-28th. I mean, outside of the 20 second barrage of elbows in the first round, Joe did virtually nothing to result in obtaining victory....

Classy as always though, Joe shook his head after all the scores were reported and said that the judges got it wrong LOL That was Diego Sanchez/Martin Kampmann bad
I remember thinking that was as bad of a robbery since rizzo/couture 1.

If someone can hit me with a good stream, that'd be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back