UFN 112 pbp/discussion

Just woke up and saw the ending. Might be biased because of my Lee bet but I thought Chiesa was going limb? He was hand fighting and then stopped to do the Holly Holm air punching, another second and he would be out so the ref should have waited another second for him to go out, but there is no real controversy.

Saw on Twitter Luca lost 5U, what was his bet?
Maybe he was going limp, I dont know, but there's zero reason to stop the fight before he's asleep. I've seen people survive rnc's as deep as this one.

Feel bad for Chiesa, Lee got away with 12 to 6 elbows to the back of the head and then this ending. I dont know what Yamasaki is doing reffing the main event.

Maybe he was going limp, I dont know, but there's zero reason to stop the fight before he's asleep. I've seen people survive rnc's as deep as this one.

Feel bad for Chiesa, Lee got away with 12 to 6 elbows to the back of the head and then this ending. I dont know what Yamasaki is doing reffing the main event.

I totally agree, I just can't bring myself to be upset over Yamasaki cause Chiesa was obviously gonna pass out any second. Mario screwed up, but it didn't change the outcome of the fight.

I'm amazed how these guys can hang with chokes sunk in like. I was always quick to tap in my BJJ days

Why do I feel like every couple events over the last 3 years I've heard this about Yamasaki though?.... what's the actual process when it's believed a ref made a poor decision? Is it reviewed? Are there consequences?

Edit: just want to add to the people saying 'it was over anyway' that isn't the point... it might have been a 99% chance of being over but Cheisa deserved the same amount of chance and time as every other fighter to get out of it.

I can't believe where Guida's odds ended up. Pretty solid event with Herrig at great odds, Boetsch as a dog, Guida as a dog, and Esparza at good odds.

Mr.T-LOL.gif

Penn lost.

Dying.

I can't believe where Guida's odds ended up. Pretty solid event with Herrig at great odds, Boetsch as a dog, Guida as a dog, and Esparza at good odds.

yeah but dogs don't hit anymore...

Yamasaki didn't want another fighter to potentially shit all over the octagon, that's about it

Won couple units regardless of having money on Penn, Moroz and Kish. Thanks Tim!

Just watched this event. Some lulz:

BigPigg is bordering on obesity at this point. He might be the next Roy Nelson.

Yamasaki strikes again. I have been posting for years about how bad he is. The scary thing is he seems to have gotten worse.

Marcus Davis is taking supernatural levels of Jesus Juice. Guy has that red skin flushing thing happening and is built of stone.

I wonder if anywhere is going to have a line on whether or not the result will be overturned?

Just watched this event. Some lulz:

Marcus Davis is taking supernatural levels of Jesus Juice. Guy has that red skin flushing thing happening and is built of stone.

I didnt even recognize him.

I wonder if anywhere is going to have a line on whether or not the result will be overturned?

Decision to be overturned +99900.00
Decision not to be overturned -10000.00

Decision to be overturned +99900.00
Decision not to be overturned -10000.00
I'd take the yes on that all day. Intelligent defense (or lack thereof) isn't relevant to stopping a fight due to a choke. You go unconscious, you tap, or something gets dislocated. Those are the only valid reasons.

I'd take the yes on that all day. Intelligent defense (or lack thereof) isn't relevant to stopping a fight due to a choke. You go unconscious, you tap, or something gets dislocated. Those are the only valid reasons.

Have any commission ever overturned a fight on something similar?

Back