UFN 114 - Moreno vs S.Pettis - Mexico City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just woke up to see I had unloaded 3u on Markos,

cashing out 2u of that because this is why I don't gamble when wasted

Haha been there sometime it does work out and it's a pleasant surprise the next morning

Fuck it, gonna smash Morales til he's the fav. Line makes no sense
It makes perfect sense. Morales was getting taken down easily two fights ago and sanchez is absolutely relentless. Bad enough Sanchez is likely the better wrestler, but Morales isn't gonna be scrambling as easy vs him either

Also count me on board as someone giving Humberto a chance. In his recent fights he doesn't look bad at all, especially comparative to Bravo who's not very good yet. Can def see him winning the striking and slamming that left kick into Bravos ribs everytime he tries his winging punch combinations

i am not as convinced as you that Bravo wins easy i think Humberto has the speed advantage and he is a southpaw with the reach and height advantage.. that forearm sub and short notice might keep me from betting him though but will take the under for sure think there is a good chance either of them can finish this

btw do you have a link for his last kotc fight? i could not find that one

I googled it and found an amateur recording from someone in the crowd

It makes perfect sense. Morales was getting taken down easily two fights ago and sanchez is absolutely relentless. Bad enough Sanchez is likely the better wrestler, but Morales isn't gonna be scrambling as easy vs him either

Yep, and he's a great grappler from the bottom, sweeps subs, everything. He's slower and less athletic, I'm not sure why everyone think he's such an amazing grappler, because he subbed a couple of prospects on the regional? He has a day job and just had a kid, and is training out of a garage somewhere in Texas
Morales at least training with a real team and has some athletic potential.

Yep, and he's a great grappler from the bottom, sweeps subs, everything. He's slower and less athletic, I'm not sure why everyone think he's such an amazing grappler, because he subbed a couple of prospects on the regional? He has a day job and just had a kid, and is training out of a garage somewhere in Texas
Morales at least training with a real team and has some athletic potential.
We'll see but there really is no reason to be super confident in Morales. If you get taken down multiple times just 2 fights ago, and now youre fighting a guy who is absolutely relentless with his tds and grappling despite where hes training, there is clearly risk involved. I liked Sanchez NSC -125 as best bet for this fight

Lonely Road again: Evans KO +600.

Alvey is hittable, passive and Rashad won't be this passive this time.

Lonely Road again: Evans KO +600.

Alvey is hittable, passive and Rashad won't be this passive this time.

I'm on rashad, but I disagree that he won't be passive, hehe

ya that forearm sub was embarrassing :D i agree with everything you said but i dont think Bravo is ufc caliber either his opponents on tuf despite having "good" records looked worse then Humberto to me Humberto also switched to Team Oyama about 4 month ago i belive could see some decent improvemens from him having proper coaches and training partners now

I think you're mistaken about bravo.not being ufc caliber.. he's 23, good camp, skills everywhere.. shown a good gas tank, some killer instinct & he has cojones.

The cojones + good gastank will get anyone pretty far

We'll see but there really is no reason to be super confident in Morales. If you get taken down multiple times just 2 fights ago, and now youre fighting a guy who is absolutely relentless with his tds and grappling despite where hes training, there is clearly risk involved. I liked Sanchez NSC -125 as best bet for this fight

Agreed, not super confident at all. I have it a pickemish, but Morales at +150/+170 range is just off. Better striking on Morales though it will no doubt be a close scramble feast, switching position. May buy some back on Sanchez, he did look good in his last fight, but that was against a striker with little grappling.

If either guy doesn't snatch up a sub early by establishing a solid position or by the opponent overextending in a scramble, it will be real close imo.

Re: Rashad. Fighters who lose the ability to pull the trigger as they get older never gets it back. Especially in the usada era.

Re: Rashad. Fighters who lose the ability to pull the trigger as they get older never gets it back. Especially in the usada era.
I've been saying this to everyone who will listen, but Rashad keeps getting bet and the line on Alvey keeps getting better.

Exactly, don't have any money on this fight because it could end up a 15 minute light contact sparring match. But yes, he isn't going to come out and all of a sudden start throwing high volume again or be relentlessly getting takedowns, you don't get that stuff back. If he was that timid against a fairly nonthreatening Dan Kelly he isn't going to be launching himself into close quarters or going for a huge one shot KO when Alvey has the power to put him clean out.

If Rashad looks like he did vs Kelly, he'll still be faster than Alvey (as basically everyone is) and if hes smart he can do what Elias and Leites did and just kick him and move. I've got some money on the over and other than that its livebet or Rashad dec if the night is going well. You can't trust Alvey just as much as you can't trust Rashad

Alvey just lost to a washed up Leites, and Alvey's is as low volume as it gets. He could clip Evans, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a boring dec win for Evans either.

Alvey just lost to a washed up Leites, and Alvey's is as low volume as it gets. He could clip Evans, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a boring dec win for Evans either.

He got one of his legs injured in r1

He had a leg injury in the first round
I have no reason to doubt thats true, but i'm just saying. Was his ankle also injured vs Elias, Marquardt, and whoever else he just stared at? Just gives me more reason to believe he'll fight as he always does.

He got one of his legs injured in r1
But Alvey is as low volume as it gets. He won't be pressing forward like Dad body Kelly did, he won't gas out Evans. It's just that chin of Evans, but I think takes this one

I have no reason to doubt thats true, but i'm just saying. Was his ankle also injured vs Elias, Marquardt, and whoever else he just stared at? Just gives me more reason to believe he'll fight as he always does.

He loves to stay on the outside waiting for the perfect counter punch. That's why he can't be trusted, he can wait for 3 rounds for a perfect counter punch that might not come. But don't get me wrong, Rashad can't be trusted either, I'd rather bet on Bojan Mihajlovic than on Evans.

But Alvey is as low volume as it gets. He won't be pressing forward like Dad body Kelly did, he won't gas out Evans. It's just that chin of Evans, but I think takes this one

I'm staying away from this fight, I can't bet on Evans, I just can't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back