UFN 115 - Struve vs Volkov - Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Till is low volume and gasses the guys are spot on. Think the cut fucks him up hes a big ww. Is bojan good enough to take adv tho he could easily be 0-4 in his ufc tenure. Is bojan not low volume as well? Di chirico arguably outstruck him and so was musoke until he got kod. Need to watch bojan tape.

Why do you favor him? And how do you see it going
My pick is Struve by SUB but I did bet the DEC line. Even though Struve doesn't have a strong take down game, Volkov has shown bad TDD in the past and I believe Struve has a big ground edge if it gets there. Volkov is good at beating guys up from the outside but that won't be as effective here since Struve will match his reach, it won't be as big of an issue for Struve since that isn't his style anyway. Volkov might have better hands but I think Struve is the better kicker. Struve doesn't have a good chin but I dont think Volkov has a lot of power so im not too worried about that (a little bit but not too much).

My pick is Struve by SUB but I did bet the DEC line. Even though Struve doesn't have a strong take down game, Volkov has shown bad TDD in the past and I believe Struve has a big ground edge if it gets there. Volkov is good at beating guys up from the outside but that won't be as effective here since Struve will match his reach, it won't be as big of an issue for Struve since that isn't his style anyway. Volkov might have better hands but I think Struve is the better kicker. Struve doesn't have a good chin but I dont think Volkov has a lot of power so im not too worried about that (a little bit but not too much).

Becareful dude. Volkov tdd has looked MUCH better in the ufc.

Timothy Johnson has a terrible take down game he doesn't take anyone down if that's the fight you are referring to.

Timothy Johnson also got straight up robbed in the decision that fight.

I'm still on Volkov though. I just can't bring myself to put money on Struve unless it's against a really weak/washed up opponent

Timothy Johnson has a terrible take down game he doesn't take anyone down if that's the fight you are referring to.

Hes still a better wrestler than the people taking volkov down at will pre ufc. And he at least took dan o down which blaydes couldnt manage. I know struve got dan o down but since that fight hes been working with an olympic wrestler and his tdd is vastly improved. No way i can be confident struve can ground volkov.

Hes still a better wrestler than the people taking volkov down at will pre ufc. And he at least took dan o down which blaydes couldnt manage. I know struve got dan o down but since that fight hes been working with an olympic wrestler and his tdd is vastly improved. No way i can be confident struve can ground volkov.
Honestly, im not confident that Struve can take Volkov down, it's more that if he does I think he has a big advantage. I dont think Volkov has that big of an advantage standing either.

I was initially looking for Struve SUB but I really like Struve DEC +550, especially in the Netherlands. I favor Struve to win outright.
Because the fight is in Holland, will Struve's whole camp be at his home gym with Dirty Bob? Is so, then taking a decision might be the last thing in his mind when entering the cage.

Till is low volume and gasses the guys are spot on. Think the cut fucks him up hes a big ww. Is bojan good enough to take adv tho he could easily be 0-4 in his ufc tenure. Is bojan not low volume as well? Di chirico arguably outstruck him and so was musoke until he got kod. Need to watch bojan tape.
I dont think bojan is the guy to exploit him but someone soon will

You don't think he slowed versus Ayari in the 3rd without even being threatened? With a record with all finishes and two decisions(in the UFC) in the third he definitely slowed in both of them.
There's some variables like the shoulder injury + long layoff but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Till should have been able to finish ayari

i need to watch some tape but i think i like green and barbarena here.

edwards might be getting overrated for beating tumenov, an undersized welterweight with a grappling deficiency (while sigifnicantly losing the standup exchanges) and luque, who beat him in the first round then gassed horribly.

i think those last two fights showed more about his opponents than of edwards. it's obvious that edwards has improved but how much? we know what we're going to get with barbarena and he'll fight his ass off for your money.

these lines are getting really wacky. not saying barb will definitely win but i guarantee edwards won't look like a -350 fav during the fight.

edwards might be getting overrated for beating tumenov, an undersized welterweight with a grappling deficiency (while sigifnicantly losing the standup exchanges) and luque, who beat him in the first round then gassed horribly.

i think those last two fights showed more about his opponents than of edwards. it's obvious that edwards has improved but how much? we know what we're going to get with barbarena and he'll fight his ass off for your money.

these lines are getting really wacky. not saying barb will definitely win but i guarantee edwards won't look like a -350 fav during the fight.

Agree on Barb, but can't get on board with Green. Expecting it to look similar to Khabilov/Wade

Edwards arguably won the first round against Luque, only got in slight trouble on the ground for a short period. Otherwise he broke him and easily won that fight. Honestly I think you guys are underrating him. Maybe the line's off, and Barb is no stranger to winning as an underdog, but I can't see Edwards losing a fight like this.

Edwards arguably won the first round against Luque, only got in slight trouble on the ground for a short period. Otherwise he broke him and easily won that fight. Honestly I think you guys are underrating him. Maybe the line's off, and Barb is no stranger to winning as an underdog, but I can't see Edwards losing a fight like this.

I do agree that this is a fight Edwards should win. But, I can't see an argument for him winning the first round vs Luque. The first three minutes were basically even and Luque finished out the round with 2 minutes of top control. Clear 10-9 for Luque IMO.

All that said, Edwards -335 is insane. I expect it to be competitive and I won't be shocked if Barb pulls it out.

Last edited:
it looks like thibault gouti v andrew holbrook is also on this card. sleeper fight but potentially profitable.

it looks like thibault gouti v andrew holbrook is also on this card. sleeper fight but potentially profitable.

Andrew Holbrook by wrestle fuck. Possible sub.

His chin is weak as fuck so you can hedge with Gouti Ko or Gouti 1st round.

Chechen Power Parlay
Taisumov+Edilov=free money

Post USADA Edilov who hasn't fought in two years. But yeah, Bojan is still Bojan I guess...

abdul-kerim_edilov_car.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back