UFN 123 - Swanson vs Ortega - Fresno, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such an obvious livebet fight. Don't count out Ortega. Clearly improving, clearly amazing at finding ways to win, and Cub has clearly peaked at this point. If Artem made it competitive, Cub backers better be scared about Ortega

I think Cub's line is great. Backing him doesn't mean you are counting out Ortega. I mean Cub is -125, so it's not like his backers are calling him a lock. I'd be shocked to see Ortega get a decision or a (T)KO. His main chance is obviously a submission, and it would most likely be late in the fight after dropping rounds. You've got Cub who can strike on the outside if he wants, land something big standing, and he's no slouch on the ground either.

Idk about betting Cub big. I think the line is set well. Maybe hit Ortega Sub or Rd 3-5.

Ortegas standup is really improving. It's not a given that Cub is going to outclass him standing

Cub looked shity against Lobov. Ortega should win this. I will pick Ortega or pass.

cub -106 at pinny

i think that theres a great live bet free roll here

I'll get to catch this one live. The last and first event I attended, I saw Ortega snatch up another third round finish after two competitive rounds and Jason Knight endure a barrage before he got stopped. Like both guys chances to win ITD
You live near fresno?

I like Ortega here. I think he is improving pretty nicely and I was never sold on cub. I think the younger, more hungry fighter finds a way to get it done. I think the line is about right, but I will take my chances with the underdog. I think he can win a dec, but will for sure hit his sub prop.

Cub looked shity against Lobov. Ortega should win this. I will pick Ortega or pass.

I wouldn't say that Cub looked bad at all. He won very comfortably and never was in any real danger. Artem is super tough and very difficult to finish.

Keep in mind that Cub broke his hand during the fight.

EDIT: He mentioned after the fight that it affected his ability to throw his combinations

I know I am in a minority with this opinion. But I've always kinda thought Cub was overrated. Not a jobber, but overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back