UFN 123 - Swanson vs Ortega - Fresno, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granite heart then? Lamas had to put him through hell to get him out of there and he absorbed a LOT of hard, clean headstrikes before he hit the ground (and that was after shooting for a takedown, not because Lamas dropped him). I think he either wins a decision on volume and aggression or submits Benitez at some point but I get your points about Moggly, I might be underestimating him here.

I might be overestimating Beni. After all his best win is Scillia and he got ko'd by Filli.

Fun fact about Holtzman & Horcher: Both guys have gone over 2.5 rounds in their last nine fights/five years

EDIT: Nope. Holtzman has been over in his last seven and Horcher in 8/9 of his previous fights.

Last edited:
woow I really like Holtzman against Derrel.

Holtzman's not particularly good, but I just can't trust Horcher's athleticism after that horror crash. He beat Powell, but that was more difficult than it should have been.

0.5 unit on Benitez @3.55

Regarding Holtzman - Horcher: Horcher seems like the smarter fighter, whereas SH got the physical advantages. I think Holtzman is the right side with these odds

Last edited:
Cub at 1.90 is a steal, 2.5U. Ortega could easily lost his last fights and Cub should win it easily on the feet.

Guys, any leans to
Benito Lopez and Morales ????
They look similiar and fight abit similiarbut Benito is more agressive brawler

Guys, any leans to
Benito Lopez and Morales ????
They look similiar and fight abit similiarbut Benito is more agressive brawler
Morales is not a good fighter. I need to watch Lopez’s last fight again, but I see these dudes slugging it out and who knows who comes out of that fire.

Morales is not a good fighter. I need to watch Lopez’s last fight again, but I see these dudes slugging it out and who knows who comes out of that fire.

Morales will look good against lower level guys imo, especially when he might not have to wrestle as much. His opponents he's lost to have a combined record of 37-2, and most scored the Perez fight in his favor. He's very durable as well, it took a lot for Almeida to put him away and part of it was him gassing himself out. I'm hoping for Morales to fall to slight dog to play him tbh

I remember someone saying Morales could be 0-4 while discussing the Johns fight this past weekend. But looking up the media scorecards, the consensus disagrees.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Markus Perez. I favor him, and while I'm not uber confident he's an easy take at his odds

balked at o2.5 -180 opener on holtzman-horcher.. taking -175 goes right now instead of paying up to -200 for O2.5

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Markus Perez. I favor him, and while I'm not uber confident he's an easy take at his odds

Saw some highlights of him on YT. Not that impressive tbh. Anders is hard to fade. Under 2.5 seems good

horcher looked like shit in his last fight and holtzman is nowhere near as bad as people say he is. no problem hitting holtzman at even money.

Can somebody explain why the Knight/Benitez fight is even happening? I know Knight took a big step up to Lamas and he's gotta take a step back down after getting KO'd, but he looked fine until getting tagged and Benitez is such a HUGE step back down. All of his wins are against megascrubs and his losses are against worse fighters than Knight, and considering he's coming off a loss it doesn't seem rational.

Did Knight ask for a guy he can sub in less than a minute to rebuild his confidence or something? I don't get it.

Can somebody explain why the Knight/Benitez fight is even happening? I know Knight took a big step up to Lamas and he's gotta take a step back down after getting KO'd, but he looked fine until getting tagged and Benitez is such a HUGE step back down. All of his wins are against megascrubs and his losses are against worse fighters than Knight, and considering he's coming off a loss it doesn't seem rational.

Did Knight ask for a guy he can sub in less than a minute to rebuild his confidence or something? I don't get it.

It's not a bad way to let a fan-favorite get a little traction back under his feet. Plus it'll be an entertaining fight.

Props out for main event. Took
.5u - Ortega R3 @ +925
.5u - Ortega R4 @ +1300
.5u - Ortega R5 @ +2100

Also liked 1u Knight ITD @ +165

Took holtz ml for 3 units
Knight itd 2 units
Already on cub ml but hedged with r3,r4,r5 Ortega.

All for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back