UFN 124 - Stephens vs Choi - St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think the odds are a little bit off considering how Stephens looked in his last fight. I think the fact that it's a 5 round fight should favor Stephens as well.

1 unit Stephens ML +160.
0.5 units Stephens (SC=NA) +135

I also think the odds are a little bit off considering how Stephens looked in his last fight. I think the fact that it's a 5 round fight should favor Stephens as well.

1 unit Stephens ML +160.
0.5 units Stephens (SC=NA) +135
The line is off.. Do cho choi is coming after 1year layoff, fought only bums( apart Cub) and had a injury. Stephens destroyed gilbert melendez and should be the favorite

Like I already said, a lot of Stephens losses come from him being outworked and outpointed. Choi will give him the fight he wants and I think it will bring the best out of him.

Choi and stephens both have proven pretty darn good chins...

Starts rd 3 -119 my first play here. Much cheaper than o1.5 -185

Could see it going all 5, in fact, and could see it going either way.. both guys' split decision lines are interesting... +16xx and +10xx..

Like I already said, a lot of Stephens losses come from him being outworked and outpointed. Choi will give him the fight he wants and I think it will bring the best out of him.

A different perspective is that Stephens really hasn't done great against good strikers. If you look at his record in the UFC, he doesn't pick up many wins against fighters who typically choose to strike.

Also, can we please stop with the saying that Stephens is a power puncher? He stopped Bermudez 2015, one guy 2013 and one guy 2011. He does not pack that much power.

Also, can we please stop with the saying that Stephens is a power puncher? He stopped Bermudez 2015, one guy 2013 and one guy 2011. He does not pack that much power.
Stephens is a power puncher in terms of pounds per square inch blunt force trauma. However, his record does not reflect this for a number of reasons. One being that opponents fight him with this in mind. Another reason is that he is very deliberate. Many KO's come from blows that are set up through clever traps. The blow that one does not see is the blow that KO's. KO's also come from precise location (temple/point of the chin/liver/kidney). I have knocked down people with blows that were 60% power but they didn't see it coming & it landed on the temple or point of the chin. Conversely I have landed many full power but on the forehead & the blow's were always shrugged off.

Last edited:
Meek sparring with Strickland at UFC performance and training with Dewey Cooper

Been in Vegas for 1 month, working at Xtreme Couture, Kevin Lee is helping me with my wrestling, I have no idea why I'm on the Saint Louis card, I signed the contract for UFC 219, UFC moved it, I came here because I was supposed to fight here, and there's no training in Norway over the holidays, I feel really sharp

It was a shoulder injury for Choi

Long year, but I have become a better fighter, I leave for military in 1 year, I looked up to Shogun when I started my MMA career, my goal is the title shot (before I leave for military)

at the 8:39 min mark, he kinda rolls his shoulder, might still be bothering him

All pros pick Jeremy

that is some seriously medieval shit that you have to go serve in the korean military. i would be a defector for sure.

that is some seriously medieval shit that you have to go serve in the korean military. i would be a defector for sure.
I believe Israel does something similar.

I wonder how good Emil Meek's standup really is now. He was winning the standup vs Mein. However, Mein did not like the way things were going so he took Meek down in the first rd. Meek used TD's to win the next 2 rounds vs Mein & won though. Listening to Usman he doesn't seem to respect Meek that much. If Kamaru chooses to standup with Meek & fights the way he did vs Moraes he could get stunned then finished by Emil in the first round. Kamaru scored a KO vs Moraes because he was unconcerned with Moraes' striking. Kamaru went on the striking offensive right away. It was all oneway traffic vs Sergio. If he does not respect Emil's striking & decides to do what he did in his last fight vs Sergio he could easily get caught. -550 Usman is absolutely insane to me.

JimGunn in the house! Hey buddy what are your thoughts on Choi/Stephens & Usman/Meek? My biggest bet is -286 Starts Round 2 for Choi/Stephens.

Stephens vs Choi is surely a tossup.

I'd ko with Choi KO 1/2 hedged by Stephens KO 3/4/5/DEC.

I know it seems weird but chances are great, IMO

Stephens/Doo Ho Choi seems like a pickem fight, odds seem off.

Got to watch tape to see how Doo Ho Choi handles leg kicks.
Stephens isn’t very good. I think odds are pretty accurate honestly

Israel, South Korea, Singapore, North Korea, Taiwan all do this.

All of them believe they might cease to exist if they aren't ready for total war at a moment's notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back