UFN 124 - Stephens vs Choi - St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is considering playing Hall at this pirce, some possible red flags here: http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/uriah-hall-body-shut-down-ufc-fight-night-124-training-camp

- Never stopped training after the Jotko fight
- Body "shut down" three weeks ago
- Emotional over the death of Follis
- One of his best friends died the day after Follis
- Was sick for three weeks
- Says he was "breaking" and "cried every night"

Not to mention Uriah Hall has a bad case of the flakes at the best of times. It's hard to imagine him losing to the ghost of Vitor, but stranger things have happened.

I hedged down my PVZ bet down to 0,5u. Apparently Portland is not a striking Mecca and I was hoping that she would have been cross training at TAM (as she said she would) to get high class striking sparring, but looks like she's left them for good. Still I think Rawlings with her drunken boyfriend boxing style might have been easier matchup for JRC than PVZ's blitzing bubblehead kung fu.

Last edited:
I hedged down my PVZ bet down to 0,5u. Apparently Portland is not a striking Mecca and I was hoping that she would have been cross training at TAM (as she said she would) to get high class striking sparring, but looks like she's left them for good. Still I think Rawlings with her drunken boyfriend boxing style might have been easier matchup than PVZ's blitzing bubblehead kung fu.

Don't forget that JRC fought on short notice against Bec

Don't forget that JRC fought on short notice against Bec
True. With full camp she could be sharper and even more confident in her tdd. I just like the unpredictability of this match-up a lot. I have no idea what kind of PVZ will step into the octagon and JRC could look a lot better too. Either one could get crushed or this could be a pretty even brawl or just a boring staring contest at kicking range. It's a gamble, but I prefer to bet the bigger question mark as I got Page at plus odds. I hope that her unpredictable swarming style would make Clark nervous, hesitant and prone to mistakes.

anyone going heavy on meek ?
Why would anyone go heavy on such a big underdog? I think he has a punchers chance, especially if Usman fight like he did vs Moraes. Although, Usman should grind him out with his wrestling.

Not trying to be a dick btw, just curious.

Last edited:
Why would anyone go heavy on such a big underdog? I think he has a punchers chance, especially if Usman fight like he did vs Moraes. Although, Usman should grind him out with his wrestling.
BTW, Usman said, that he thinks more highly of his grinding victories than the knock out and Meek is tough. His dec line is still around 2.3 at some smaller books. Maybe I should add another 0.5 u as I already have Meek itd and Usman R3 covered.

The cut (click spoiler)

The cut (click spoiler)

Alright. It's legit. I don't get why he's acting like people shot his dog when they were immediately dubious about a guy who's a huge WW who's had difficulties making the weight in the past pulling out on short notice.

I've been thinking a lot about usman meek .. man, I think usman "decision machine" status is overblown.. the four guys get decisioned in a row..

Strickland
Yakovlev
Leon Edwards
Warlley Alves

Guess how many times these four guys have been ko/tko'd in their entire careers?

0. None of them have ever been ko'd. Some durable fuckers. And Usman is ever improving. In fact, Meek's two losses? Tko's.

Don't discount an Usman sub, either.

I already have stabs on meek Rd 1 and Usman Rd 3, but I'm going pretty big here I think on DNGD. took it (fookin limits) at -115 and -120 and -115 again.

doesn't change my opinion on the fight. santiago's still my guy. prolly capping it to win 1.5u, adding a couple props.

URIAH HALL IS OFF THE FIGHT

lol geez

well, we had a 13 fight card so it's still 11, not bad.

i also don't give a fuck about hall-belfort being canceled from a betting perspective, shit sucked! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back