UFN 132 Cerrone vs Edwards

at this odds I like Naoki Inoue :) I thought he would be around -400 against Schnell

Sasaki -365 lol

Because Cerrone is washed up, and Edwards has much better defense/chin than Yancy and is less likely to get caught.

He also has way less dynamic striking and relies on his grappling mostly to win fights. Which means dealing with Cowboy on the mat where he has shown to be fantastic in MMA.

Just watch the first 30 seconds

He is super frustrated that he got off to a slow start where Yancy was hitting him and he couldn't counter. That is literally how every fight against Till, Lawler, and Mas has gone, except for round 2 when Lawler basically rested.

FWIW I was saying Robbie is toasted before the RDA fight ;)

It's pretty obv his instincts are much much slower than before, bc Yancy is normally the guy getting hit without knowing what to do.

Nothing Yancy landed was very solid though. A few glancing shots where Cerrone was getting his timing. Edwards is a far inferior striker to Till, Mas, and Lawler (which was basically an even fight). Thinking Edwards is capable of replicating that is flawed imo.

He also has way less dynamic striking and relies on his grappling mostly to win fights. Which means dealing with Cowboy on the mat where he has shown to be fantastic in MMA.

Based on how much Cowboy's striking has regressed, I wouldn't expect him to be so great at BJJ anymore either

Nothing Yancy landed was very solid though. A few glancing shots where Cerrone was getting his timing. Edwards is a far inferior striker to Till, Mas, and Lawler (which was basically an even fight). Thinking Edwards is capable of replicating that is flawed imo.

I don't think Edwards is an easier opponent than Lawler

I'll bet Song Yadong at + money, he looked great in his debut. Good footwork, headmovemens and especially awareness for his age. Fast hands and looks like he got good power for the division, covers a lot of distance so fast with his overhand right, strong legkicks. Expecting a lot of improvements from a young kid with such well rounded game already

Because Cerrone is washed up, and Edwards has much better defense/chin than Yancy and is less likely to get caught.

Agree

But how is Edwards takedown defense.

I hate to dismiss Cerrone wrestling in any fight but I feel he’s just not big enough at 170 and Leon fits the bill.

He’s lost pretty much all his fights at 170 when the other guy has good crisp boxing.

Masvidal is a former 155
Lawler kinda walked through Cerrone punches
Till is a monster
I love yancy but I feel he was kind of a layup again another 155 guy

Leon seems on the rise
Cerrone I’m the decline

I think -180 is a fair price

Agree

I hate to dismiss Cerrone wrestling in any fight but I feel he’s just not big enough at 170 and Leon fits the bill.

He’s lost pretty much all his fights at 170 when the other guy has good crisp boxing.

Masvidal is a former 155
Till is a monster

Leon seems on the rise
Cerrone I’m the decline

Oops Leon - 220 now

Based on how much Cowboy's striking has regressed, I wouldn't expect him to be so great at BJJ anymore either

Jeez I think that's a ton of unfounded conjecture.

nice ! He should school Schnell on the ground. What do You think ?
Isn’t Schnell a good scrambler with a bad chin? I have not seen Inoue put any power to his punches. That could change against Schnell of course, but I expected closer odds. Schnell could take a dec standing.

Last edited:
Agree

Masvidal is a former 155
Till is a monster

Leon seems on the rise
Cerrone I’m the decline

Yancy ate huge bombs from Brazilian Cowboy and survived when even most 170 lb guys don't. Let's not act like Yancy can't take a ton of punishment because Cerrone stopped him. That's revisionist.

Jeez I think that's a ton of unfounded conjecture.

Is it a regular occurence for guys to stay great on the mat as the rest of their game declines?

I was wondering this the other day. We haven't seen much grappling from Donald lately. It seems BJJ has a bit more chance of standing the test of age, but his instincts + reactions seem to be particularly slowed down and this should affect his ground game as well.

Is it a regular occurence for guys to stay great on the mat as the rest of their game declines?

I was wondering this the other day. We haven't seen much grappling from Donald lately. It seems BJJ has a bit more chance of standing the test of age, but his instincts + reactions seem to be particularly slowed down and this should affect his ground game as well.

I mean, is it in the realm of possibility that his grappling skills have regressed? Sure. But I damn sure wouldn't count on it.

2 years ago he straight clowned Brazilian Cowboy on the mat. BC is a solid grappler.

I'll bet Song Yadong at + money, he looked great in his debut. Good footwork, headmovemens and especially awareness for his age. Fast hands and looks like he got good power for the division, covers a lot of distance so fast with his overhand right, strong legkicks. Expecting a lot of improvements from a young kid with such well rounded game already
Arent You afraid of Ferantes ground game ?

Back