UFN 132 Cerrone vs Edwards

I just want to point out that this talk about Cerrone has been going on for a LONG time now. I hate to sound like a broken record as I know that I brought this up prior to the Yancy fight, but a lot of this forum thought Cote would beat him since Cerrone was declining. I believe the talk of that happened even before the Brazilian Cowboy fight where he looked like he should have been favored far higher than he was.

Shane Young is -155 against Rolando Dy. Quite nice odds, even worth a shot imo. Rolando sucks.

Just watch the first 30 seconds

He is super frustrated that he got off to a slow start where Yancy was hitting him and he couldn't counter. That is literally how every fight against Till, Lawler, and Mas has gone, except for round 2 when Lawler basically rested.

FWIW I was saying Robbie is toasted before the RDA fight ;)

It's pretty obv his instincts are much much slower than before, bc Yancy is normally the guy getting hit without knowing what to do.

Cerrone has been a slow starter his entire career though, I personally am not putting much stock into that, unless you beleive Edwards will catch him early.

Arent You afraid of Ferantes ground game ?
Yeah kinda, don't remember him having a strong takedown game though, I only bet 1u yet gonna rewatch some of his fights tonight and maybe add more later

Shane Young is -155 against Rolando Dy. Quite nice odds, even worth a shot imo. Rolando sucks.
Shane Young, the australian cancrusher? Dy lost to Ishihara because of point deductions, and had a competive fight against Caceres despite his eye being fucked up.

+180 about as good as it gets or do you guys think Cowboy will hit +2xx? I'm in freeroll territory here.

+180 about as good as it gets or do you guys think Cowboy will hit +2xx? I'm in freeroll territory here.

I personally thought +135 and +165 were as good as it gets. Usually can read line movement pretty well, but the public fade on Cowboy was too strong apparently.

I remember when I sipped that good juice on Leech when he was fighting Matthews. Shit tasted delicious.

My bankroll was diagnosed with terminal cancer the next day. Don't sip leech's juice. He will taint your money.

I remember when I sipped that good juice on Leech when he was fighting Matthews. Shit tasted delicious.

My bankroll was diagnosed with terminal cancer the next day. Don't sip leech's juice. He will taint your money.
Abe sucks

I remember watching that fucker's head cling off the mattress multiple times. Not enough alcohol in the world can erase the image of Leech getting pounded by a +300 Australian dog.

I just want to point out that this talk about Cerrone has been going on for a LONG time now. I hate to sound like a broken record as I know that I brought this up prior to the Yancy fight, but a lot of this forum thought Cote would beat him since Cerrone was declining. I believe the talk of that happened even before the Brazilian Cowboy fight where he looked like he should have been favored far higher than he was.

Yep and I was on Cote there. More accurately I was on NOT Cowboy itd as I thought while Cowboy could win, no way would he finish. Oops.

Lesson: Cowboy vs high pressure strikers with a lot of power=go ahead and fade him. Cowboy vs anyone else=back him as a dog for sure.

Gotta take Ovince St. Preux for 2u at +145 over Tyson Pedro. I know that he is inconsistent, but he has fought better opponents like going to a decision with Jon Jones and beat way better opponents than Pedro has ever faced. He's also pretty well rounded and dangerous on the feet and on the ground.

Just looking at Tuesday's Contenders card and this fight night. Several names I do not recognize - this actually makes me a little excited. I haven't needed to do deep research on a card in awhile.

The thing with Cerrone is he's always been slow and easy to hit. Like i was rewatching RDA vs Cowboy 1 and RDA looked a lot faster and active compared to now while Cowboy looked almost the same; i thought he did look old in his last fight but he got the job done.

I bet Edwards at -170 and i know the line will be -250 come fight night, same thing happens all the time, shouldnt have waited to bet on Blaydes but still did even at -180, now Stipe is already at -300 now thats unplayable.

Edwards is very inactive for a point fighter but i expect him to put cowboy to sleep at some point, my main worry is that he is a very willing grappler and Cerrone is dangerous but Sobotta is a lot better and stronger on the ground than Cerrone and Edwards was able to control him.
Honestly i dont see Cerrone winning at all, Edwards can easily win a decision also. Cerrone is too slow to kick Edwards at will like he did vs Makdessi and Brown. If Edwards survived Tumenov's boxing he can do the same with cowboy's, there's a reason why Till wanted nothing to do with him.

I dont trust OSPs chin at all, anyone that has seen Pedro's early fights? is Pedro a somewhat competent striker? Like does he hurt people with combinations or kicks? That Latifi performance was some Jackson Wink BS he's not gonna beat OSP with that.

Yancy ate huge bombs from Brazilian Cowboy and survived when even most 170 lb guys don't. Let's not act like Yancy can't take a ton of punishment because Cerrone stopped him. That's revisionist.

I love yancy

What does revisionist mean?

Maybe his chin faded a little after all those Brazilian cowboy bombs. Other than that who are his biggest wins?

I don't see Edwards having the pressure game to get in Cerrone's face like he should, and even Edwards' finishing efforts can be a bit lackluster. Sobotta fight was an iffy stoppage, and Edwards could have done more off the knockdown in the first. You need to get on Cerrone's case and push it till he wilts, which I'm not sure about Edwards doing.

Kenan Song being a -300 favorite against anybody is hilarious. Dude was riding a 0-2 regional streak coming into the Nash fight, then won off a fluke KO over a chinny Nash after he softened him by punting him in the dick. Need to do my Aldana research, but I'll hit him at +230 so long as he's better than CM Punk.

I love yancy

What does revisionist mean?

Maybe his chin faded a little after all those Brazilian cowboy bombs. Other than that who are his biggest wins?

It's not about who his biggest wins are. Look at the point I'm making. As far as I know, Yancy hasn't engaged in a bunch of all out wars over a bunch of years that would culminate in the fight with BC leading to him having a diminished chin. So what I'm saying is that fight proved Yancy can take a punch. Not that he's some kind of top 5 fighter or anything. So the fact that Cerrone put him away so easily shouldn't be overlooked because Yancy was "Just a LW that was set up to get put away by Donald" like the post I was referencing.

Revisionist is everyone first admiring how tough Yancy was to put away after he came back to beat Oliveira, but then in his next fight saying stuff like that he was a setup for Cerrone to look good.

The thing with Cerrone is he's always been slow and easy to hit. Like i was rewatching RDA vs Cowboy 1 and RDA looked a lot faster and active compared to now while Cowboy looked almost the same; i thought he did look old in his last fight but he got the job done.

I bet Edwards at -170 and i know the line will be -250 come fight night, same thing happens all the time, shouldnt have waited to bet on Blaydes but still did even at -180, now Stipe is already at -300 now thats unplayable.

Edwards is very inactive for a point fighter but i expect him to put cowboy to sleep at some point, my main worry is that he is a very willing grappler and Cerrone is dangerous but Sobotta is a lot better and stronger on the ground than Cerrone and Edwards was able to control him.
Honestly i dont see Cerrone winning at all, Edwards can easily win a decision also. Cerrone is too slow to kick Edwards at will like he did vs Makdessi and Brown. If Edwards survived Tumenov's boxing he can do the same with cowboy's, there's a reason why Till wanted nothing to do with him.

I dont trust OSPs chin at all, anyone that has seen Pedro's early fights? is Pedro a somewhat competent striker? Like does he hurt people with combinations or kicks? That Latifi performance was some Jackson Wink BS he's not gonna beat OSP with that.

No offense, but where are these conclusions coming from?

Edwards has 2 KO wins in his 8 UFC fights. He's not exactly some wrecking machine. I'm not saying it's impossible he sparks Cerrone, but what in God's name would lead you to "expect" it?

As for Sobotta/Cerrone on the mat: Again, what the hell have you ever seen of Peter Sobotta in MMA to think he's on Cerrone's level of MMA grappling (let alone a "lot better and stronger")???

Cerrone has accomplished a lot more and looked far more dominant (against much better competition no less) with his MMA grappling than Sobotta over their careers.

I'm just kind of confused by your analysis. I think Edwards can win for sure, but the way you describe it makes no sense to me.

Back