UFN 133 Dos Santos vs Ivanov July 14

How will both sage and zac approach this with regards grappling?

How has sage looked better at tam? Beat a bum then lost to gouti at 155 and got a gift dec for leg humping. Ottows best opponent hes faced outside of barb

Goin with the crowd with JDS and against it with Northcutt.

How has sage looked better at tam? Beat a bum then lost to gouti at 155 and got a gift dec for leg humping. Ottows best opponent hes faced outside of barb

Yup. And Barb was on like 6 days notice

Most people here are on Ottow but I'm leaning Sage as well, at least for now. I'm going to get deeper into tape the next couple days before I decide but I just watched both their last couple fights and I got to say I'm liking Sage in this one. Sage lost both his previous fights at 170 though, so that's a bit of a concern.
Most people here are on Ottow because he is the dog, if Sage would have +odds than everyone would bet him ;)
His fights at 170 were on shitty camps (except Tristar but he didnt finish the fight camp there )

Most people here are on Ottow because he is the dog, if Sage would have +odds than everyone would bet him ;)
His fights at 170 were on shitty camps (except Tristar but he didnt finish the fight camp there )
His last fight against Gouti he was with TAM and he lost that fight IMO. Still I think at his age he could make massive improvements in between fights from being at a good camp and I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out looking much better this time.

Still I can't place a bet hoping that he improved, I'm gonna need more than that.

Last edited:
sage walking around 185-190, ottow cuts from 200+. ottow is also a black belt, sage definitely isn't.

Ok, my bad.. I didnt watch Sages last fight. I forgot about the Gouti fight.
Im passing on this fight, Gouti is a better striker than Ottow BUT
1.Sages chin is suspect
2.His tdd wasnt that great against striker Gouti lol
3.Ottow had a good fight against Pyle.
4.Ottow fought better competition
5.Cant trust either of them.
Pass for me

sage walking around 185-190, ottow cuts from 200+. ottow is also a black belt, sage definitely isn't.

I know the co-owner of Ottow's gym (Pura Vida in Milwaukee). Name is Jake, I don't know him well but my brother in law knows him fairly well. Zak is legit on the mat, better than people realize I think. Sage obviously is gonna be more explosive, better fast twitch, etc. but Zak will not only technically be much better but he'll probably be physically stronger.

All of this might not be a big deal except that Sage so often willingly engages in grappling scrambles. If he does it here (and good chance he will based on history) I think Zak will get the better of the grappling for sure.

Pre-tape I favor Sage.

I do not think very highly of Zak Ottow.

I know the co-owner of Ottow's gym (Pura Vida in Milwaukee). Name is Jake, I don't know him well but my brother in law knows him fairly well. Zak is legit on the mat, better than people realize I think. Sage obviously is gonna be more explosive, better fast twitch, etc. but Zak will not only technically be much better but he'll probably be physically stronger.

All of this might not be a big deal except that Sage so often willingly engages in grappling scrambles. If he does it here (and good chance he will based on history) I think Zak will get the better of the grappling for sure.
i would agree Ottow will have the grappling advantage.

He shouldn’t be the underdog. Fight should be at evens.

I’m hoping money comes in on sage. I’d like to get a better number on Ottow.

Pretape I favored Sage too . Watch his last fight against Gouti

man his last fight against gouti was terrible and he clearly got a hometown decision. if ottow replicates a similar gameplan to gouti (who is not a grappler) he should win.

sage only good when you give him space to operate like quinonez did. also, sage's father gives some really terrible corner advice.

Odds aside, I lean towards Ottow winning anyway so at a -110 and -110 pick 'em I would choose Zak with a gun to my head. Give me +130 on the well rounded career welterweight against the lightweight flashy striker who hasn't knocked out anyone at 170 pounds in the UFC and who doesn't look great off of his back and that's a few unit bet for me.

Odds aside, I lean towards Ottow winning anyway so at a -110 and -110 pick 'em I would choose Zak with a gun to my head. Give me +130 on the well rounded career welterweight against the lightweight flashy striker who hasn't knocked out anyone at 170 pounds in the UFC and who doesn't look great off of his back and that's a few unit bet for me.

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see ottow at +150 or so based on sage's name value.

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see ottow at +150 or so based on sage's name value.
I'd be a little surprised if it went that high but I'll be tempted to add more if it does.

I can't believe we have someone in this thread who has bet for years and still doesn't understand basic probability.

"if Sage had a + next to his name everyone would bet him instead". He has to be a meme/troll account at this point right?

The way Ottow got dropped and finished by Li Jingliang is what is concerning for me. Those shots didnt really seem that heavy.

He arguably could have lost to Kiichi Kunimoto as well, which would have been 3 Ls in his last 4 fights, with the sole win being the corpse of Mike Pyle.

I definitely don't think Sage is great, and I do still need to rewatch his fight with Gouti, which I'm sure is going to be alarming from what i can remember.

However, hes 22 years old and a tremendous athlete. I expect to see improvements in the grappling department each time out.

Back