UFN 133 PBP/Discussion

Price's other stints on the ground was giving up back control, having a brief period of ineffectiveness on top of guard, and then losing the rest of that round from the bottom.

The guys who are saying Brown was cruising to a victory are hallucinating. The first round was a hard fought brawl; its exactly what Price wanted. And your description of the grappling is bs, your memory is deceiving you. Brown lost bc he kept going to the ground with Price, this is what Brown always does, he wants to prove a point for some reason, rather play to his strengths.

The guys who are saying Brown was cruising to a victory are hallucinating. The first round was a hard fought brawl; its exactly what Price wanted. And your description of the grappling is bs, your memory is deceiving you. Brown lost bc he kept going to the ground with Price, this is what Brown always does, he wants to prove a point for some reason, rather play to his strengths.
Sherdog had it 3 10/9s for Brown. BE had it 10/9 for Brown. I couldn't find a media scorecard that was going in Brown's favor in a quick browse. Price was clearly losing the first half of round 2 on the ground, based on the amount of GnP that Brown was landing. I've done 8 years of BJJ, I know how to evaluate a grappling match. Price spent a little time in Brown's guard in the first, and was getting worked in round 2 before going for a shitty leglock attempt and pulling a fluke finis.

The superior grappler isn't the one who got back-controlled for a good chunk of R1, and was being soundly beaten from the top till he pulled the first bottom KO in a decade in the UFC in a weird, unorthodox position. Credit to him for taking advantage of a weird spot, but that was the only part of the grappling he won and the weird spot was only generated from a dubious decision to go for a leglock instead of consolidating position. Live lines for Brown were about -350 prior to the stoppage.

Brown would probably have been better off striking with him, but he was also winning the grappling till that insane fluke finish.

Brown was winning that fight, I thought pretty clearly and looked like the superior fighter. Price is a fighter who thrives in chaos, but Brown who although has mental lapses you can say fundamentally he is a very good fighter and the style of guy that price struggles with.

That being said Brown was winning every aspect of that fight. Fair play to Price that was a beautiful ko, and not what I would exactly call a fluke, but it was certainly fortunate.

My only play on that fight was "Not Nico Dec" in a parlay. I really had a hard time envisioning him winning rounds. It was either a finish for him or a loss IMO. I agree that Brown was ahead.

Sherdog had it 3 10/9s for Brown. BE had it 10/9 for Brown. I couldn't find a media scorecard that was going in Brown's favor in a quick browse. Price was clearly losing the first half of round 2 on the ground, based on the amount of GnP that Brown was landing. I've done 8 years of BJJ, I know how to evaluate a grappling match. Price spent a little time in Brown's guard in the first, and was getting worked in round 2 before going for a shitty leglock attempt and pulling a fluke finis.

The superior grappler isn't the one who got back-controlled for a good chunk of R1, and was being soundly beaten from the top till he pulled the first bottom KO in a decade in the UFC in a weird, unorthodox position. Credit to him for taking advantage of a weird spot, but that was the only part of the grappling he won and the weird spot was only generated from a dubious decision to go for a leglock instead of consolidating position. Live lines for Brown were about -350 prior to the stoppage.

Brown would probably have been better off striking with him, but he was also winning the grappling till that insane fluke finish.

Look this is just bs. Unlike you I saw the fight. He was not back controlled for a good chunk, the back take during a scramble happened late in the round and Price was in no danger, he spun around without much trouble. R1 was close, but I thought Brown had won. I never expected Price to win a round, I expected him to finish or get finished. Price takes a lot of chances that is his style.

Sure it was a weird KO, but Brown was playing Price's game and the grappling was nothing like whatever it is you dreamed it is. I even re-watched the fight, reality doesn't match your memory. Watch it again. There was no first half of R2, the fight ended early in R2 at 1:09.

Pure luck that you got the Perez and Said decisions. That parlay loses 90% of the time without lucky judging and you only got 4-1 odds on it. Be happy you have more money but that was a horrible risk of 11 units.
Luck and knowledge to bet the right fights

Volkanovski was the right fight. But when you lay juice on a guys like Said + Perez who are underdogs are the fight you need to be honest they weren't good bets.

Like if you could bet Perez and Said at those same prices again for a rematch, would you?

Volkanovski was the right fight. But when you lay juice on a guys like Said + Perez who are underdogs are the fight you need to be honest they weren't good bets.

Like if you could bet Perez and Said at those same prices again for a rematch, would you?
If I know that someone will win than why not to bet him ?

Bruh you saw you could “bet” Volk at -121 put it down on the site & take advantage while other honest people placed their real bets.

Objectively you are a bum bettor/capper sorry to break it to you. There is time to improve don’t take it too hard.

If those odds on your profile page were accurate at the time you submitted the bets, then I'd say your first year was impressive until you got impatient. 11% roi is good for someone who bets almost exclusively favorites.

Pure luck that you got the Perez and Said decisions. That parlay loses 90% of the time without lucky judging and you only got 4-1 odds on it. Be happy you have more money but that was a horrible risk of 11 units.
Could have been worse. He could have risked 16 units on a wmma fight...and lost, like this clown..

ym.png

Back