UFN 135 PBP/Discussion

Canada about to completely legalize it on 17th october, so pretty big companies there are getting a head start on future the cannabis market. Growing their own product and brands, getting ready for Canadas recreational market and selling medicinal marijuana to all over the world.
A giant in the alcohol company that owns Corona etc just paid 5$ billion for 38% of the shares of the cannabis leader in Canada sent the whole sector on an insane bull run

Ontario Cannabis Store signed a distribution agreement with 26 licensed distributors this past week. So if I'm an investor I'm only looking at these companies and the best of the 26. Companies that are not on the distribution agreement will not have a steady stream of income and a platform to sell their product, companies not on the list will have problems. I wouldn't throw money into any marijuana stock.

Ontario will sell marijuana through online stores by October 17th, 2018 and through physical stores by 2019 because some framework still needs to be worked out.

Is there a forum for investing on Sherdog?

Ontario Cannabis Store signed a distribution agreement with 26 licensed distributors this past week. So if I'm an investor I'm only looking at these companies and the best of the 26. Companies that are not on the distribution agreement will not have a steady stream of income and a platform to sell their product, companies not on the list will have problems.

Ontario will sell marijuana through online stores by October 17th, 2018 and through physical stores by 2019 because some frameworks needs to be worked out.
Small picture man, in 2-3 years Ontarios sales will barely matter

Next to the profit tonight I got 2 doubles ending with Andrade, so I got 3u on Andrade with combined odds of 1,86. Big chance that's some extra profit right there :)

Small picture man, in 2-3 years Ontarios sales will barely matter

I'm not so sure. I'm Canadian and Ontario and BC will be the two biggest markets in Canada. Hexo (Quebec company) company signed a deal with Molson Coors two weeks ago and because beer sales are flat, they will be coming out with Cannabis infused drinks in the future, I can see that being the next energy drink craze and a big revenue generator.

As you mention Constellation Brand which owns Corona bought a big stake in Canopy Growth and they plan to do the Cannabis infused drink too but to sell it, they can only sell in legalized places. It's not a legalized open market globally. Canada, some parts of the US and some parts of Europe (legal). Cannabis drinks are only one product though.

Last edited:
Good night on personal slate. -1.8u loss on tipping since I got a bit too cute with my props.

Gaethje KO got me back up to a reasonable loss of about $100. I was too heavy on Anders u1.5. Had it in props also.

People on here why did you back Vick after the report of him have trouble cutting weight etc???
Bad weight cut didn't get him decapitated, as a guy who made money on Gaethje KO. He got caught badly, but I don't think Gaethje was a lock by any means.

Bad weight cut didn't get him decapitated, as a guy who made money on Gaethje KO. He got caught badly, but I don't think Gaethje was a lock by any means.
Vick was doing great until he let gaethje get in on him and back him up

This was the most profitable card that I've had in a long time.

Vick was doing great until he let gaethje get in on him and back him up

Yeah, but that was for like one minute. His kicks were getting there (landed two beautiful body kicks) but at the first real sign of being pressured he moved back into the cage and by the time he tried to angle out it was too late and he got floored.

Yeah Sweden are still pretty strict on cannabis laws, dosen't stop me from investing in them though

Holland has always been the frontrunner of europe but it's still just decriminalized there. It's still illegal on federal level in the US, Canada will be the first country to legalize it so big banks and corporate money will be able to get into it
Years ago we used to be a frontrunner in the world when it comes to cannabis, but now we are far far from it and it's actually still illegal here. The government and justice department just allow coffeeshops to sell small amounts of weed, it's not legal it's just tolerated. But for the coffeeshops to buy the big amounts it's a whole other story and the growers and people who sell big amounts are still getting arrested for it. That's why you still see the weed being grown in houses and on attics, while they could legalize it all together and regulate everything and earn billions of taxes and create a lot of new jobs. I know things will change eventually, but it's taking a long longgggg time before everyone's on board here. Canada and the US doing there thing will probably help speed things up here as well.

Still can't get my head around it that you can buy alcohol and tobacco everywhere while that's killing so many people, while weed is quiet harmless and can be a big help for so many diseases and illnesses and has never killed anyone. I guess the healing factors of the plant are also one of the reasons that's holding back legalization, because the pharmaceutical companies are doing everything they can to keep weed illegal, so they can keep shoving pills through peoples neck and make fortunes of them, while a lot of people could use a lot more healthier ways to threat their pain and diseases.

Lately it's being talked about more and more in politics here as well as on TV, so it's heading in the right direction and I'm all for what Canada and the US are doing and I think in time a lot more will follow.

Yeah, but that was for like one minute. His kicks were getting there (landed two beautiful body kicks) but at the first real sign of being pressured he moved back into the cage and by the time he tried to angle out it was too late and he got floored.

Agreed. The biggest factor here is that I have a hard time envisioning Gaethje losing a fight where there isn't a bit of a war in there. I don't think Vick can hang in the pocket at all.

This was the most profitable card that I've had in a long time.
Same here. Got the random Krause feeling during the night lol and had Gathje and Sanchez as locks in my mind all week. Hill losing fucked me little bit could have been massive night for me. This was easy card

Just caught up on the card, not bad.

Only had one bet on which I posted about a few weeks back:

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/143575325/

Feel like I had that fight pretty well analysed. Highlighted about Vicks weight cut issues, questionable chin/durability and his poor footwork which always leads him to backing up against the cage where Gaethje would hurt him.

Vicks body kicks looked good but other than that I knew Vick would end up backing up and get himself hurt. He puts himself on the outside areas of the cage (those black octagons printed on the matt) all the time and any pressure from there his defence is to move back again so he ends up pinned against the cage. It's a bad tactic in any situation but against a swarmer it's a lethal combo. He did it 2-3 times in a 90 second fight with Gaethje throwing bombs at him about 30 seconds prior to the knockout when he got him there, only Vick managed to clinch and get out of there.

Justin got the KO a lot earlier than I expected but if it wasn't there it would have been in one of the other dozen times he would willingly back himself up against the fence and have Justin swarm him.

Same here. Got the random Krause feeling during the night lol and had Gathje and Sanchez as locks in my mind all week. Hill losing fucked me little bit could have been massive night for me. This was easy card

I actually didn't see what everyone else was talking about regarding him myself. Krause is not a bad fighter and I didn't see Alves as a worldbeater just because he got a quick guillotine on Colby a few years ago. Still only put a small stab on him tho, should've trusted my instinct more there

Ended up wrong about a lot last night. Got too caught up in justifying dogs. Sanders is my biggest personal hype train flop. Fading George is free money vs a good grappler. Sandhagen is a beast and Iuri's washed up (would've bet Cory if I caught the dog opening tho). Jake's body can't handle anything anymore. Still think I wasn't looking at the Tuck fight the wrong way though. I thought he'd do better than expected on the feet, and he did, but I didn't expect Dober to pull so much offensive wrestling out of his pocket.

Still though, my confidence in Gaethje MJ Fig and Sanchez left me with a 13u profit and a fun night at the bar. So I can't be mad at that.

I had both the Johnson and Casey decision go my way. I was also on Krause. I have no clue how people were betting Alves there.

I had both the Johnson and Casey decision go my way. I was also on Krause. I have no clue how people were betting Alves there.
He came of a good win over tough russian and people fade Krause after that White fight lol

I was also on Krause. I have no clue how people were betting Alves there.
Hah, I had one unit on Alves’ ml. I did think, that Krause is a crafty veteran, so I kept it small. He fought really well. He had so much trouble against White, that I didn’t expect Alves to have too much trouble at grappling. I expected Krause to be faster standing at 170 but to loose clearly in clinch so Alves could rest at will. Krause seemed like such a neutral fighter, that I didn’t expect that Alves would have reason to take chances with him. Instead he started to overextend his cartio already towards the end of the first round because Krause was talking trash. Well played!

Back