UFN 139 Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

1445713391-g-altitude-sickness-451932135.jpg

ChasSkelly_JHA_4868-PRINT.png

s-l300.jpg

I would bet Mark De Larosa but he is so fuckin unathletic, Jobby will be bigger

Violent Bob Ross becoming playable. Wish I'd bet some more on Trizano while he was +300

Violent Bob Ross becoming playable. Wish I'd bet some more on Trizano while he was +300

Yeah, I think he will be better in all areas except maybe wrestling. Not surprised Trizano got bet down from +300, but surprised such massive action came in.

Interesting, I always rated Dariush striking. I mean he was absolutely tooling Barboza until that knee. Sounds like I need to tape Moises though.
Meh, never been massively impressed by Beneil's striking. Don't get me wrong, it's good - just not consistent and technical.

What do you think of Moises as the dog?

A question for the forum; are you going to touch Trizano, Moises or Yair? - If so why? Each has a clear path to victory imo.

- Trizano as a 3/1 dog on openers was crazy to see, I think his hands are better - kicks maybe not as good. He's good at amassing points and is a very consistent fighter. I think he has enough output to get a UD or split at least against Pena.
- Moises Vs Dariush fight is a little tighter oddswise but the value is there. Beneil hasn't tasted victory in 3 - I think he'll employ a safer gameplan and go for a points victory.
Moises is the type of fighter who doesn't handle immense pressure well, as seen against Watley, but if he is given the space to work he is dangerous on the feet.
I just wish Moises had slightly better td accuracy otherwise I'd go heavier on him - his grappling is high level.

- Yair vs Zombie is intriguing. It's difficult to read how this is going to go. If Zombie fights like he did vs Bermudez, I expect him to get slept. His movement can be slow - perhaps trying to read his opponent too much. If he stands still in this one Yair will mow him down. Yair's TDD is also a tough read. Zombie will not bring Chad Mendes' wrestling to the fight, and I don't see him being able to hold Yair down for much at all. I think Yair's striking diversity will prevail and end in a vicious KO.

Ok guys.

I'm really liking Luis Pena aka Violent Bob Ross. Good striking but also has wrestling creds, can't remember if school champ or state champ, trans out AKA and with Khabib as well. Really liking it. Only con is that Bob is bit small for division, plans to move lower to the next.

Ok guys.

I'm really liking Luis Pena aka Violent Bob Ross. Good striking but also has wrestling creds, can't remember if school champ or state champ, trans out AKA and with Khabib as well. Really liking it. Only con is that Bob is bit small for division, plans to move lower to the next.

He's a state champ. Also, he's tied for the tallest LW at 6'3! Trizano claims he doesn't cut weight.

For what it's worth, Pena doesn't cut a lot either and has expressed his interest into fighting at featherweight next...

juicy props:
Moffett sub +725
Cerrone sub +700, just moved to +900 somehow...
Got some Pena tko/ko +630, +440 now
Jung sub +325, higher than his KO at +300 somehow
Hit Yoder dec +165, it's +220 now, fuck me.
Moises sub +500
I really think Barber finishes, +150 itd, I imagine it's get done via tko, like her DWNTCS fight. tko is +330.

He's a state champ. Also, he's tied for the tallest LW at 6'3! Trizano claims he doesn't cut weight.
my bad at height, just was watching his interview where he said he plans to move down

juicy props:
Moffett sub +725
Cerrone sub +700, just moved to +900 somehow...
Got some Pena tko/ko +630, +440 now
Jung sub +325, higher than his KO at +300 somehow
Hit Yoder dec +165, it's +220 now, fuck me.
Moises sub +500
I really think Barber finishes, +150 itd, I imagine it's get done via tko, like her DWNTCS fight. tko is +330.
these are darn good props imo, too bad i cant fund my online accs this time.

edit: for me Yair is a no go. Extremely overrated, think Till levels of overrated. Yair has only shown to have fancy and flashy striking, since Taekwondo is his base this makes sense. Flashy does not equal effective striking unless your name is Zabit. Korean Zombie on other hand has proven to be an effective striker and an effective submission artist. KZ only lacks wrestling but Yair probably much more. KZ chin is solid, afaik Yair chin is untested.

Last edited:
these are darn good props imo, too bad i cant fund my online accs this time.

edit: for me Yair is a no go. Extremely overrated, think Till levels of overrated. Yair has only shown to have fancy and flashy striking, since Taekwondo is his base this makes sense. Flashy does not equal effective striking unless your name is Zabit. Korean Zombie on other hand has proven to be an effective striker and an effective submission artist. KZ only lacks wrestling but Yair probably much more. KZ chin is solid, afaik Yair chin is untested.

I know this has been forever ago, but KZ had issues with Roop due to his height and then got his head kicked off. Yair is the tallest guy he's fought since Roop and the only other guy he's fought since Roop who really likes to kick is Aldo. I'm really curious how KZ will deal with Yair's style, and honestly, I don't think he figures it out well. KZ's movement isn't very good with movement or fast. With 5 rounds though, it gives him some time.

I know this has been forever ago, but KZ had issues with Roop due to his height and then got his head kicked off. Yair is the tallest guy he's fought since Roop and the only other guy he's fought since Roop who really likes to kick is Aldo. I'm really curious how KZ will deal with Yair's style, and honestly, I don't think he figures it out well. KZ's movement isn't very good with movement or fast. With 5 rounds though, it gives him some time.
Yes but on the other side of the things, KZ is a former title contender and holds win over Dustin Porier. Yair's highest feat is getting his ass beat by Edgar and win vs over the hill BJ Penn. Also Yair is on short notice. There's levels to this. We'll see I guess.

Yes but on the other side of the things, KZ is a former title contender and holds win over Dustin Porier.

looked more like dustin poirier's fetus, i think the 2018 dp would stuff every shot and whoop his ass.

looked more like dustin poirier's fetus, i think the 2018 dp would stuff every shot and whoop his ass.

Lol I agree DP wins if they fought today, but it was DP going for the TDs and getting reversed.

Zombies pressure and how Yair handles it will be the deciding factor in this fight imo. Yair dosen't, or at least didn't last time we saw him, have any good striking fundamentals, he's all flash and get's wild and sloppy with his hands when he ends up in the pocket. Zombie is decent at cutting the cage off and throws his strikes in combination, if he can pressure Yair effectively and stifle Yairs kicking game I think he catches him. Knock out or club and sub

I am liking Thiago Moises for 1st rd TKO/KO. Dariush is coming off two losses and a draw. I do remember him beating James vick in 2016 with a TKO but that was a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back